Main Forums > The Roundtable

What is involved in starting a website and/or forum?

(1/3) > >>

Thefumegator:
I would imagine that there is a considerable monetary cost, as well as a sizeable time investment, involved in creating/managing a website or forum.

However, recently the FNHiPower.com website (and forum) went down, and I have tossed around the idea of stepping up to the bar and providing a new shelter for the homeless P35 owners.

I don't know jack about HTML (or whatever else there is out there), but I'm not dumb... I can learn. My biggest problems are that I'm far from rich and don't have a lot of time on my hands anymore (except on weekends).

So, just a non-commital question: What's involved? What, if I lost my mind and went for it, could be expected?

Wes

publius:

Don't do it, mon.

There, now you know a little html. Hope it was helpful.

TarpleyG:
Well, the cost is less than you would think and you can buy software like this forum or vBulletin for less than $200 IIRC.  The bandwidth is what you need to get a handle on to really determine cost.  I know that THR and this site has significant bandwidth so cost would come into play.  I am sure Oleg or someone else here can chime in and give you a better idea of what the cost is.

Greg

Wildalaska:
Funny you should mention this............

Jamz.....call meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

jamz:
sigh

But I don't wanna talk to you

Love, James

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version