Author Topic: Kids DO say the darndest things.....  (Read 1498 times)

TonyB

Kids DO say the darndest things.....
« on: March 28, 2005, 07:29:37 AM »
My 17 yr old step daughter was expecting a snow day one day last month....the storm missed us and she had to go to school...she came down from her room with quite the attitude...she looked out the window and said"I thought we were getting like 14 inches of snow?!""we only got a dusting!....it's like a slap in the face from mother nature!"....It was the funniest thing she's ever said.......coffee almost came out my nose...so what have your kids said that made you laugh???
I may be paranoid,but that's only because they're after me.....

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 04:33:39 PM »
I have too many to list, but here's a good one.

Wife and I were talking about the high energy bill one winter morning.

I put the kids in my truck to take them to school.  This was one morning when I didn't warm up my truck before leaving.  Being young kids, they didn't understand that the heat in a vehicle comes from friction and the burning fuel in the engine, and that when it is cold it takes a few minutes to warm up.

So my oldest daughter, Allison, asked "Why don't we have the heat on?"

Lexie jumped in and replied "Because daddy doesn't want to pay a big heat bill."

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 06:48:31 PM »
My niece that lives locally when about 4 after being at my apt at the time-

"Mommy  , daddy, how come we have a refrigerator and Uncle Steve has a "fridge" - is it becasue you guys are married and he is single?"

- actually makes sense if you think about it. *grin*

Strings

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 05:16:41 PM »
My neice had a good one. Bear in mind, her parents were active in the SCA at the time...

Sitting in school, and the teacher is talking about Columbus "discovering" America. The child's hand shoots up...

Teacher: "Yes Kaitara?"
Kaitara:"What about the vikings?"
T:"What? What do you mean?"
K:"Well... archeologists have found a LOT of evidence that the vikings were in the New World WAY before Columbus..."
T:"I think I need to talk to your parents..."

Chils was maybe 10 or 11 at the time...