Author Topic: Strict Immigration Laws 'Save Denmark Billions' (scare quotes in original)  (Read 1218 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
http://isteve.blogspot.com/2011/08/self-parody.html

Salier thinks the author might be engaging in in subtle approval of Denmark's rigorous immigration laws in his slathering on of the elite-consensus boilerplate denunciations and usual invective ("xenophobic" etc.).

The upshot of the article is that Denmark determined it saved $10B over 10 years by raising the bar on immigration by insisting on language proficiency, serious money stakes to offset possible use of social welfare programs, use of point systems that favor education & employment, etc.

The usual suspects are appalled that someone could be so gauche as to quantify the cost to taxpayers.

I must confess that when I read articles from the mainstream media in Europe denouncing immigration restrictionists with hateful rhetoric and little of substance, I sometimes wonder if my leg is being pulled...

...In other words, leaving aside all the hate words used by Spiegel to spice it up, Danish immigration restrictionists have been thoroughly vindicated, with their opponents left with nothing but platitudes, while promising not to undo their reforms if they get elected.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Marianne Jelved, said: "A certain group of people is being denounced and being blamed for our deficit, being made into whipping boys." She added: "We cannot classify people depending on their value to the economy. That is degrading in a democracy that has a basic value of equality."

So, Marianne, are you willing to personally pick up the slack for one of those who do not add to the value of the economy?

I would have no real complaint if someone were economically neutral - returning as much in taxes as they used in government expenditures.  I always thought that was really the goal.  But intentionally brining in folks that are going to cost taxpayers? :facepalm:

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

HankB

• friend
  . . . But intentionally bringing in folks that are going to cost taxpayers? :facepalm:
They're called Democratic Voters.  

Sometimes even before they complete - or even begin - the naturalization process. That's the main purpose of the Diversity Visa program and our de-facto Porous Border policies.

Get with the program.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend

So, Marianne, are you willing to personally pick up the slack for one of those who do not add to the value of the economy?

I would have no real complaint if someone were economically neutral - returning as much in taxes as they used in government expenditures.  I always thought that was really the goal.  But intentionally brining in folks that are going to cost taxpayers? :facepalm:

stay safe.
Don't worry, I am sure she would be in favor of making those recent immigrants ineligible for the social welfare programs.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge