Author Topic: Where do you find meaning in your life?  (Read 13280 times)

spacemanspiff

Where do you find meaning in your life?
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2005, 01:55:44 PM »
42 is the answer to the Meaning of Life, the Universe and Everything
well, almost.
"There are three totally different kinds of humans on the Earth, meaning that they perceive the One reality in three different ways, interpreted differently. The first kind of human has a chromosome composition of 42+2. They comprise a unity consciousness that does not see anything outside themselves as being separate from themselves. To them, there is only one energy - one life, one beingness that moves everywhere. Anything happening anywhere is within them, as well. They are like cells in the body. They are all connected to a single consciousness that moves through all of them. These are the aboriginals in Australia. There might be a few African tribes left like this. Then, there is our level, comprising 44+2 chromosomes. We are a disharmonic level of consciousness that is used as a steppingstone from the 42+2 level to the next level, 46+2...These two additional chromosomes change everything." -Drunvalo Melchizedek

The human genome - the complete set of human genes - is composed of twenty three separate pairs of chromosomes. Twenty-two, of which, are numbered in order of size, from the largest (1), to the smallest (22). The remaining pair consists of the sex chromosomes. Therefore, we have 44+2 chromosomes.

According to the teachings of Drunvalo Melchizedek, who is the founder of the flower of life teachings, and the originator of this theory, there are three grids for human consciousness around planet Earth, which correspond directly with the chromosomes in the human body. The first one is forty-two plus two, the second is forty-four plus two (our current evolutionary position), and a third which consists of forty-six plus two chromosomes. The third grid contains "Christ" consciousness.
Wear a Yellow Armband!

Ron

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2005, 02:02:17 PM »
Off topic a bit,  check this out Barbara   http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/index.html

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2005, 03:41:01 PM »
I gave up on that concept a long time ago.
- Mike Irwin

Agree.

Answers to stuff like this come from within each person.  Each person is unique and different.  Like Mike, I gave on this concept a l-o-n-g time ago. I don't put people, places or things on a pedastle...that way if the pedastle gives way - nothing gets shattered.

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2005, 03:49:10 PM »
GoRon. Smiley

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2005, 03:50:18 PM »
I think I must be the only person in the world who gets more idealistic as they get older.

I feel like I'm running out of time to do everything I want to do. I don't even want to sleep anymore. Smiley

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2005, 05:07:51 PM »
I get up early in the morning and paint. When I get stuck, I paint some more. When I really get stuck, I take a break.

I'm not sure I'm a measurably better painter today than I was a year ago, and I'd be very surprised ever to receive much public recognition as an artist, but the effort takes me worlds beyond all my cares and concerns and quibbles and quarrels.

Target shooting is another Zen-esque pursuit, although it's more expensive, less readily accessible in the winter, and hard on my hearing.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Bemidjiblade

• friend
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2005, 02:35:14 AM »
At the end of my life, looking back, I think there are only three things that will matter.

Who I've loved.
Who has loved me.
How I have served my God.

Pursuing those three things is what gives meaning to my life.

Pebcac

• friend
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2005, 04:42:30 AM »
And the Earth is the computer that almost derived the question, until the Vogons arrived.
Problem exists between computer and chair.

cfabe

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2005, 05:09:02 AM »
Quote from: RevDisk
My life goal.  To save up enough cash to buy a decent amount of land, and then built my own house.
This is what's keeping me going right now.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2005, 07:54:20 AM »
Winston,

It is the search for meaning that gives my life it's meaning.

A good book I just read is God's Debris, by Scott Adams (the "Dilbert" guy).  I think it is available for free at his website.  It'll give you something to chew on.

Keep questing!
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Stickjockey

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2005, 08:57:36 AM »
Typhoon,

The question is, "Why?"

The answer: "Because." Cheesy
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2005, 08:57:53 AM »
Barbara,
I think I must be the only person in the world who gets more idealistic as they get older.

I feel like I'm running out of time to do everything I want to do. I don't even want to sleep anymore.
It isn't just you. I hate the fact that I waste nearly 8 hours a day on sleep.

As for life's meaning?
For me, it is found here:Shiloh
Hi.