Armed Polite Society
July 16, 2018, 08:04:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupid Forum Software Question  (Read 5238 times)
Ben
Administrator

« on: March 04, 2005, 03:22:31 AM »

I've not used this particular forum software before. Is there a place to learn tips/tricks/? For instance, I haven't found a way to "go to newest post" in a thread like on VBB.

I don't know if it behooves us to have a "Technical Tips and Questions" area here like there is on THR. And I hate to even bring it up, because I'm just happy there's a roundtable again and don't want to cause more work for the admins than necessary. Smiley
Report to moderator   Logged

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."
jamz
friend

bleem

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 03:24:44 AM »

Yeah, I'd like to figure out how to list more than 10 posts in a page too.  I'll keep diggin'!

-James

Everybody loves Magical Trevor
Unisaw
friend

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 04:59:14 AM »

From the forum index page, look in the upper right and click on "View posts since last visit."
Ben
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 06:46:09 AM »

Actually the "posts since last visit" isn't the one I was looking for. I'm trying to find the one that, after you're in a thread that has new posts, lets you go to the first new post in that individual thread. I like that feature for when a thread gets to be multiple pages long.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."
client32
friend

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 07:01:45 AM »

You might go look at www.phpbb.com.

They have some documentation, though I don't know if they will have what you are looking for.

edit to add more specific link:

http://www.phpbb.com/support/guide/#section4

Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.
spinr
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 11:14:04 AM »

If you click on the little icon with the arrow pointing to it, just before the title of the thread, it'll take you to the most recent post in the thread.

...that what you were referring too?

Smiley
Ben
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 12:12:48 PM »

That's it! Muchas Gracias Spin. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: