Author Topic: whats this about?  (Read 4530 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
whats this about?
« on: August 31, 2011, 03:26:57 PM »
http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2011/08/30/cops-confiscate-lakewood-ladys-arsenal-motive-pending

cops seize ladys guns?  no reason? wtf?   is lakewood one of "those" hoods?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

dogmush

• friend
Re: whats this about?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 05:31:45 PM »
Wow. 

No apparent warrant. Employee of the condo opened the door for them.  Took stuff that's legal and refuse to give it back.  I can only imagine how spitting mad she must be.

Why are there not criminal charges for this?

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 05:39:18 PM »
 :mad:

So, the police won't react without judicial orders, but they won't discuss the case because of pending legal action.  If you've got a case, get an indictment, don't hide behind a procedural smokescreen. Rank hypocrisy and cowardice.

:mad:
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 05:45:09 PM »
I've seen this case discussed on other boards.

Lots of missing info, namely the reason/cause of the initial contact.

Not knowing that initial and somewhat important detail, it seems like another all-too-familiar case of cops eyes bugging out at the proverbial "wall-o-guns" and thinking "this can't all be legal", and the rodeo starts from there.

Most of us here have a more than adequate collection to set off the similar media/LEO response, unless we're blessed with living in an area that's sufficiently "red state" that they don't have this mentality.

All the more reason to have a safe for the guns, and secure as possible storage for ammo and magazines too. It's not just burglars, and mischievous kids you have to worry about.

I promise not to duck.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 05:56:34 PM »
I've seen this case discussed on other boards.

Lots of missing info, namely the reason/cause of the initial contact.

Are you saying that there is lots of missing info in general, or are you saying that this particular article is missing lots of info, which you have learned from other boards?
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 05:57:30 PM »
I was curious about this quote:
Her cache somehow caught the attention of Lakewood Police

But even still, IMO the PD doesn't get to steal stuff until their sure it's illegal.  I can see staying there until the rookie runs back to the shop and looks up the applicable laws, but they need to be sure before they leave with my crap.  Otherwise it's armed robbery.

Qualified immunity pisses me off.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 05:59:43 PM »
I'm sure she'll get them all back eventually- rusted and broken.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 06:31:36 PM »
the PD doesn't get to steal stuff until their sure it's illegal

Apparently they do in Ohio  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

• friends
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 07:13:32 PM »
whats got me real interested is the absence of bombast and nonsense from this lady.  shes got a landshark and they seem to be on very strong ground. and it seems everyone knows it.  who ever let the cops in better have a very good explanation.  the only thing i can imagine remotely flying is if she had threatened to off herself and family had called the cops.  and thats real marginal.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 07:46:08 PM »
I'm sure cassandraandsarasdaddy will tell us why the cops were in the right. Where is he?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 08:30:21 PM »
whats got me real interested is the absence of bombast and nonsense from this lady.  shes got a landshark and they seem to be on very strong ground. and it seems everyone knows it.  who ever let the cops in better have a very good explanation.  the only thing i can imagine remotely flying is if she had threatened to off herself and family had called the cops.  and thats real marginal.
Who are you, and what did you do with cassandra and sara's daddy?

=D
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

• friends
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 08:32:59 PM »
real malfeasance has always offended me. much of whats presented as such on you tube?  its not and it doesn't

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 11:25:53 PM »
Are you saying that there is lots of missing info in general, or are you saying that this particular article is missing lots of info, which you have learned from other boards?

Lots of missing context and info in this article, and it's the same one the other boards are working from too.
I promise not to duck.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 05:49:20 AM »
I would have been out of the condo also and told them why.  There is probably a breech of contract from them that would get her some $.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 08:41:27 AM »
I wonder if she has insurance?  File a theft claim and let the hilarity ensue.
"It's good, though..."

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 10:17:54 AM »
If she rents, I'm sure there's an entry clause in the lease. Probably something similar in the the condo assn. rules if she owns. I do like bob's idea tremendously. Let the Chief tell an insurance investigator to piss off.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 12:14:04 PM »
Lots of missing context and info in this article, and it's the same one the other boards are working from too.

Yeah, my outrage meter is not going off yet because there is not enough info.  If this article is accurate and there are not other important mitigating bits of info we are not aware of then it is definitely a big deal.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 01:22:20 PM »
"It's good, though..."

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 01:46:41 PM »
Say what else you will, the lady's collection is diverse and interesting.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 01:52:13 PM »
http://www.lovelakewood.com/pdf/law/110817_guns.pdf

According to that, action should have been taken one way or another by now, anyone know if she got her stuff back?

Barack Obama

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 02:22:34 PM »
Asked on one of the other boards... "What the hell is an 'SKS M21 Sniper Rifle'?:laugh:
I promise not to duck.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 02:23:51 PM »

I reposted this on another forum, and one of the members there noted that on page 6, the items were seized on September 25th 2011.  
 :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2011, 02:28:50 PM »
"What the hell is an 'SKS M21 Sniper Rifle'?"

This whole thing is getting wierder and wierder.

Its almost starting to sound like some 'alternative' news source is trying to punk the gun community.

Barack Obama

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2011, 02:34:06 PM »

I reposted this on another forum, and one of the members there noted that on page 6, the items were seized on September 25th 2011.  
 :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

LOL...

My gut feeling now is that the police entered for some spurious or only mildly inimical reason, such as a welfare check or something on the behest of a relative, or even some kind of mistake, saw the wall-o-guns, freaked, and took them.

Now, no matter what reasoning they may or may not have, they're afraid to release them, pending a judges order as a CYA move. They want the cover of a judicial order for fear she'll later be involved in some kind of harmful act, whether such fear is substantiated, or legally relevant or not.

Essentially, the PD is a bunch of pansies that's quaking in their 5.11's at the prospect the plaintiff might commit suicide, or shoot someone else at some future date, and does not feel a simple statement to the media that "We returned the firearms because we had no legal cause of action to have kept them." would suffice.

M21 SKS Sniper Rifle... "M21" was a designation for some Norinco export SKS's that came in around the late 80's and early 90's before the Clinton E.O.'s put a stop to them. I think they had no Chinese military arsenal markings etc.

The "Sniper" part probably just refers to being Tapco-F***** and having a scope and bi-pod on it.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 02:37:10 PM by AJ Dual »
I promise not to duck.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2011, 03:24:01 PM »
Chris is in Ohio and a Magistrate, maybe he can shed some light.

Paging Chris to the white courtesy phone.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!