Author Topic: couple more reasons to hate romney  (Read 3485 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
couple more reasons to hate romney
« on: October 24, 2011, 09:29:31 AM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/romneys-problematic-claims-about-illegal-immigration-in-texas/2011/10/22/gIQAjCfg6L_blog.html?hpid=z3

We got a bit distracted at the end of last week, debunking dubious GOP and Democratic claims regarding dueling jobs bills. But we want to weigh in on a pair of charges that Mitt Romney threw at Rick Perry during the contentious debate last week in Las Vegas.

Romney obviously came well-prepared with these “facts,” as his campaign immediately e-mailed reporters with specific references to the data that he cited. But the more we looked into his claims, the shakier they became.

he sucked to me before  just sucks more now
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: couple more reasons to hate romney
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 11:29:11 AM »
Meh.

I already have lots of reasons to dislike Romney.  Hammering Perry on illegals is one of the very few things he has done that makes me have any hope for the RINO.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 12:05:08 PM »
Meh.

I already have lots of reasons to dislike Romney.  Hammering Perry on illegals is one of the very few things he has done that makes me have any hope for the RINO.

And it has made absolutely no change in my opinion of him. He will say ANYTHING to get elected. I don't believe him on this anymore than I believe him on abortion.

SHOW ME. You can tell me whatever you want, Mr. Romney. Until you have any actions whatsoever to back your stated positions up (and to counterbalance the fact that your actions in the past are opposed to your current positions) you will never get my vote.

Oh, and telling your contractor "We can't have illegals here, for Pete's sake, I'm running for office!" REALLY doesn't go over very well for the sincerity of your position.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 04:50:39 PM »
Romney isn't much good, issues-wise... but he has mad debating skillz.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 05:02:21 PM »
Romney isn't much good, issues-wise... but he has mad debating skillz.

He is damned sharp.  I wish he weren't a gun-grabbing, socialized medicine-implementing, flip-flopping RINO of the first order.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 05:18:05 PM »
He is damned sharp.  I wish he weren't a gun-grabbing, socialized medicine-implementing, flip-flopping RINO of the first order.

And those are his good qualities.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 05:25:06 PM »
Well, if you had been running for president for most of the last decade, you might be better at debate also.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 07:13:03 PM »
Well, if you had been running for president for most of the last decade, you might be better at debate also.
McCain's been debating for decades, and he was full of suck and lose. I think Romney got his skills from the private sector. In a place where you toss millions of dollars like confetti, I figure you can either argue your point really well or you GTFO.

This.

I LOL'd hard in the debate when Perry said he'd lost all respect for Romney due to hiring illegals for lawn care. Romney should've said "then you have no heart."  >:D

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 11:07:37 PM »

I LOL'd hard in the debate when Perry said he'd lost all respect for Romney due to hiring illegals for lawn care. Romney should've said "then you have no heart."  >:D
So he has a heart if he hires them to do lawn care, as long as he doesn't help them go to college.   =D

Romney has no credibility on the issue.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 11:21:30 PM »
Romney has no credibility on the issue.

FTFY
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 09:44:00 AM »
It is pretty obvious, Republicans are not comfortable with Mit Romney otherwise he would poll at 40%+.  But is the answer Perry?  I think the answer lies elsewhere but the other candidates will be easier for the Democrats to run Obama against in the general election.

Like the last presidential election, it will probably come down to voters having to choose the lesser or two evils.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 10:51:28 AM »
Anyone who has "credibility" has a message a majority of American voters really don't want to hear.  The problem is cultural, not political.  The way out is for those who care about reality to separate themselves from the phantasts.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.