Author Topic: If Clinton and Biden Switched Jobs  (Read 3459 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
If Clinton and Biden Switched Jobs
« on: October 26, 2011, 10:12:09 AM »
I can't actually tell if this reporter is being a little tongue in cheek or a little nuts. However, it seems reasonable that if Obama talked Clinton into running as his VP, he would likely get a tremendous boost in his base. On the other hand, if Biden became Secretary of State, I'd immediately grab a shovel and start digging a bomb shelter.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/10/26/are-hillary-clinton-and-joe-biden-trying-out-for-new-jobs/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: If Clinton and Biden Switched Jobs
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 10:51:59 AM »
On the other hand, if Biden became Secretary of State, I'd immediately grab a shovel and start digging a bomb shelter.

You ain't kiddin'. It would be just like this administration to put old Foot-in-Mouth in charge of foreign relations. Twould be just as prudent as all their other decisions.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

griz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 12:10:56 PM »
At the risk of complimenting a Clinton, she at least limits how far she puts her foot in her mouth.  If Biden had the job I think his foot in mouth gaffes would only be limited by the size of his thigh.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 12:13:09 PM »
Clinton or Biden?  Biden or Clinton?  Does it really matter any more?  You have Samantha Power and Susan Rice and Hillary's harem-girl making foreign policy.  Biden will never crack that circle, trust me.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 12:37:09 PM »
Has Clinton done a good job?  I doubt Biden would be worse...or better for that matter.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 12:39:37 PM »
Has she done a good job, ever?  I say no.  It's all lies and soft-focus and zealotry.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 05:05:49 PM »
I have no idea if Hillary Clinton has done a good job.  How would you judge such a thing?

The concern is if Obama gets to January and is looking at not getting re-elected, he could do a LBJ.  That would open the door for Hillary and I would prefer to fight the political fight based on the Obama preformance not somebody that would be on the same footing as a Republican candidate.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 07:14:12 PM »
On the other hand, Biden would look better in a dress.

[barf]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 02:00:23 AM »
On the other hand, Biden would look better in a dress.

[barf]

That isn't saying much.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 06:55:35 PM »
That isn't saying much.

yup, hillary is lookin kinda rough these days.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 10:56:12 AM »
It's exhausting being that "smart," you know.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 01:04:03 PM »
Has she done a good job, ever?  I say no.  It's all lies and soft-focus and zealotry.

Having watched her ever since her Arkansas Exile days, I'd say that hit the nail on the head.  Maybe toss in some remunerative influence peddling.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton