Author Topic: A Home for RevDisk  (Read 84306 times)

Nick1911

• Administrator
Re: A Home for RevDisk
« Reply #200 on: April 19, 2012, 02:30:50 PM »
Any recommendations on a lawn tractor?  It'd be handy for moving large stones, moving soil around and whatnot.

I went with one that I got for $100.  If I were to actually buy something I intended to keep and run for some time, it would likely be a Deere of some sort.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #201 on: April 19, 2012, 02:31:03 PM »
John Deere 955. I like the 70A loader instead.

Those average around $10k.  Bit much for working on an acre. I support I could rent as necessary, but...  eh.  Want a slight step down and would like permanent.  Not just for moving dirt, rock but also snow and the like.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #202 on: April 19, 2012, 07:55:45 PM »
Those average around $10k.  Bit much for working on an acre. I support I could rent as necessary, but...  eh.  Want a slight step down and would like permanent.  Not just for moving dirt, rock but also snow and the like.

That's about as cheap as you're going to get, I'm afraid. Some of the sub-compact ones might go for a bit cheaper, maybe. Start adding in options like a front-end loader and a mower and it's going to get a bit higher.  Might be able to find a used one for cheaper, though.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #203 on: April 20, 2012, 06:07:20 PM »
Once you've used a front end loader, you won't want anything less. It is the single best investment we have made. Brought ours back in oh, '97 and we fire ours up once a week on average.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 09:10:01 PM by Avenger29 »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #204 on: April 20, 2012, 08:05:33 PM »
Once you've used a front end loader, you won't want anything less. It is the single best investment we have made. Brought ours back in oh, '97 and we fire hours up once a week on average.

Yup. It's the Swiss Army Knife of tractor attachments. Ours gets used damn near every time we use the tractor for anything.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #205 on: April 17, 2013, 05:50:16 PM »
Before

After

(yea, the edger came on a roll. I will heat it up to make it smooth. Part of cosmetic touchups I'll have to do.)

My spare guest room / work room. I plan on stocking with a futon, fridge, microwave, workbench, TV/computer, storage closet and the quasi safe from Harbor Freight that got posted. Obviously fridge will be stocked with water, good beer, birch beer, etc. Storage closet will have prepackaged clothing, prepackaged toiletries, towels, and other "spares" that folks stopping by would need. Ammo (small amount), lockpicks, small toolset, etc.

Can anyone else think of anything missing from the prepositioned hospitality of Casa de RevDisk's guest quarters?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 06:01:16 PM by RevDisk »
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #206 on: April 17, 2013, 06:05:39 PM »
Sounds like the hospitality goes above and beyond.  I'm not sure I'd trust anyone who didn't stop by with thier own ammo.
Showing up at my house armed is a sign of respect.  It means you're willing to defend my home and my property as if it were your own.
Showing up unarmed or without ammo....you're now another burden.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #207 on: April 17, 2013, 06:20:09 PM »
Sounds like the hospitality goes above and beyond.  I'm not sure I'd trust anyone who didn't stop by with thier own ammo.
Showing up at my house armed is a sign of respect.  It means you're willing to defend my home and my property as if it were your own.
Showing up unarmed or without ammo....you're now another burden.

Folks might be in a hurry and might be needing to restock. Oh, medical stuff. Obvious that, can't believe I forget to mention it. Prepackaged trauma kits and whatnot.

http://www.amazon.com/Dorel-Home-Products-Futon-Black/dp/B005QLJDBA/

Looks to be a good choice. Don't want the bed to be TOO comfy, want folks eager to move on. 

Stetson

• friends
« Reply #208 on: April 17, 2013, 06:36:45 PM »
That futon will be very comfy.  I shopped for them last weekend.  Anything raised off the floor is comfy.  Ikea has one that folds out onto the floor, not as comfortable.

Here:  http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70087108/

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #209 on: April 17, 2013, 07:28:49 PM »
Before

After
How the hell did someone put a heat vent in that crooked? :O I hope its not lined up with the floor joists? ???
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #210 on: April 17, 2013, 10:01:17 PM »
How the hell did someone put a heat vent in that crooked? :O I hope its not lined up with the floor joists? ???

You beat me to the question.   :laugh:  But enquiring minds want to know.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #211 on: April 17, 2013, 10:06:38 PM »

It's concrete slab. Don't ask, no clue.  I am sealing them up.