Author Topic: Yep, it's racism  (Read 2120 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Yep, it's racism
« on: December 19, 2011, 11:15:06 PM »
I found another gem of a letter to the editor this evening:

Cartoon was racist

The political cartoon by Chip Bok the Journal Sentinel published Dec. 14 was blatantly racist, and editors should be deeply ashamed of themselves for allowing such trash in the newspaper.

Presenting the president as ignoring the "white working class" is not just a political lie. It is obscene. It is also an open endorsement of the undertone of racism that has accompanied all of the right-wing attacks on this presidency.

Editors owe this community an apology.

Michael H. Gillick
Milwaukee

After reading it, I just had to search for the cartoon to see what sort of blatant racism was being shown. After all, Mr. Gillick is talking about lies and obscene and racism (not to mention right wing racism).

And here's the cartoon:

Damn, that's one racist image.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Yep, it's racism
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 01:38:42 AM »
Democrat Rule no. 14: It's ALWAYS racist unless it involves a Democrat, then it's not. All conservatives/Republicans/Libertarians/Tea Partyiers are KKK members with hoods and robes in their closets and itching to get on with lynching.
Prime example:

Black dude at Tea Party rally with a rifle slung: Racist KKK member filled with HATE!
Robert "Sheets" Byrd: Not racist. Despite actual affiliation with the Klan.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 01:49:41 AM »
The cartoon was inspired by an opinion piece from a major news organization, excerpted below:

For decades, Democrats have suffered continuous and increasingly severe losses among white voters. But preparations by Democratic operatives for the 2012 election make it clear for the first time that the party will explicitly abandon the white working class.

All pretense of trying to win a majority of the white working class has been effectively jettisoned

What conservative mouthpiece, full of thinly-disguised racism, published the above? The New York Times.
http://campaignstops.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/11/27/the-future-of-the-obama-coalition/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 02:17:29 AM »
Day by day we inch closer to the radioactive subject of race in America and how it has impacted culture, economics, and society in ways not sanctioned by the academic and political elites.  Obama will, in time, become the catalyst for a new and far more raw discussion.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 10:08:48 AM »
Day by day we inch closer to the radioactive subject of race in America and how it has impacted culture, economics, and society in ways not sanctioned by the academic and political elites.  Obama will, in time, become the catalyst for a new and far more raw discussion.

The "race" issue really isn't a race issue in America anymore.

It's a culture issue.

Racism is both morally, and logically indefensible. Culturalism however can be debated. It's hard to see how a culture that has a higher propensity for lawlessness, poverty, illiteracy, unwed births, etc. etc. etc. couldn't be examined, and possibly criticized.

The PC/Left knows this, so at the tail end of the Civil Rights Movement, there's been a constant push to identify certain cultural traits as being "race" rather than the earlier definition of race as simple biological fact of ancestry and the color of one's skin.

It's even gone so far, that in some quarters, not being a hoodlum, speaking understandable English, and bettering one's self is seen as "selling out", or being "race X" instead of their own.

I promise not to duck.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 10:20:09 AM »
AJ I'm sure remembers this. About three or four years ago, a captain at a Milwaukee district station in one of the worst parts of the city sent an email out to his officers, saying "let's get the thugs".

There was an outcry from the poverty pimps charging him with being a racist. He was transferred to a no-power job by the PC police chief, and resigned not long after.

The old saying, "when the law is with you, argue the law; when the facts are with you, argue the facts; when neither is with you, pound the table" has been replaced with "when neither is with you, cry racism".

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 10:41:49 AM »
Yep, even in their own minds "thug" means "black".

And "defending one's right to be a thug" is anti-racist.
I promise not to duck.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 01:02:27 PM »
The "race" issue really isn't a race issue in America anymore.

It's a culture issue.

Racism is both morally, and logically indefensible. Culturalism however can be debated. It's hard to see how a culture that has a higher propensity for lawlessness, poverty, illiteracy, unwed births, etc. etc. etc. couldn't be examined, and possibly criticized.

The PC/Left knows this, so at the tail end of the Civil Rights Movement, there's been a constant push to identify certain cultural traits as being "race" rather than the earlier definition of race as simple biological fact of ancestry and the color of one's skin.

It's even gone so far, that in some quarters, not being a hoodlum, speaking understandable English, and bettering one's self is seen as "selling out", or being "race X" instead of their own.

I agree with you, it's really about culture, but we have a government that parses by "race" and "ethnicity" and avoids any substantive discussion of mores and culture because the government itself is implicated in the problems.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.