Author Topic: The women in your life and their guns  (Read 15800 times)

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: The women in your life and their guns
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2012, 10:47:13 PM »
My wife....she grew up a New York liberal.. She will  shoot with me....sometimes. She does really well with the Beretta 92, so it became our home defense handgun.  CCW?    Not a chance....but that works for us, as I drop her off and pick her up at the door of her office due to gas prices. wish she would.    I think it's hot!
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2012, 12:11:41 AM »
My wife carries either a Springfield XD .45 or a Kel-tec P-3AT for concealed-carry, has a Ruger Bearcat for fun, and will soon be getting a 20 gauge Remington 870 Express for home defense use.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2012, 01:07:46 AM »
My lovely wife just totes me around and hopes I'm armed.  She don't shoot.

ditto...
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2012, 11:46:32 AM »
Wife likes to shoot a 1911 with a .22LR conversion kit, did pretty well in a training class with a CZ-75B in 9mm but doesn't carry anything (although she does have a lifetime pistol permit).

Best friend's wife carries one of those little, aluminum-framed Kimber 1911s.

Wife's grandma keeps a NAA .22 mini-revolver handy.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2012, 02:24:37 PM »
My wife:

Nothing.

Won't shoot.

Does not carry.

Probably does not want me to carry, which is why I don't tell her when I do. (which is generally when I'm wearing pants, not drinking, and not stepping foot on my kids school grounds.)
I promise not to duck.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2012, 03:18:33 PM »
Aren't the situations in which you are not wearing pants exactly the situations in which you should be carrying? Or at least have it within arm's reach?   :angel:

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2012, 03:49:43 PM »
When I'm not wearing pants, it's in reach in my pants on my bedside, and there's another firearm in the GunVault under my nightstand, or the pants are in the bathroom with me while I'm taking a shower.

Drinking, and school? Well, that sucks, but better to be vulnerable, rather than risk losing all RKBA...
I promise not to duck.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2012, 04:36:42 PM »
Aren't the situations in which you are not wearing pants exactly the situations in which you should be carrying? Or at least have it within arm's reach?   :angel:

And what about kilts?......  =|
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2012, 10:24:06 PM »
I'm doing an informal survey to learn more about what women carry and use, for market research. If your wife, girlfriend, significant other, mother, sister, daughter, or all of the above carry a gun or use a gun, please tell me what it is and what caliber.

Surely you jest.

One woman I dated for about ten years had previously been married to a police officer. They lived on a small lake. The day he left the force, she took his guns, rowed out to the middle of the lake, and dropped them overboard.

My wife despises guns. Fortunately for me, I had (most of) my guns before I met her so she knows she can't demand that they go away, but she makes it clear that she DOES ... NOT ... LIKE ... GUNS. Visiting her family last Christmas, I was mildly astonished to discover that her son owns guns and shoots, her brother owns guns and shoots, her nephew shoots (I don't think he owns) -- the whole fan damily seems to be into guns. Gotta wonder what happened to my wife ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2012, 11:20:25 PM »
Surely you jest.

One woman I dated for about ten years had previously been married to a police officer. They lived on a small lake. The day he left the force, she took his guns, rowed out to the middle of the lake, and dropped them overboard.

My wife despises guns. Fortunately for me, I had (most of) my guns before I met her so she knows she can't demand that they go away, but she makes it clear that she DOES ... NOT ... LIKE ... GUNS. Visiting her family last Christmas, I was mildly astonished to discover that her son owns guns and shoots, her brother owns guns and shoots, her nephew shoots (I don't think he owns) -- the whole fan damily seems to be into guns. Gotta wonder what happened to my wife ...

She was adopted but hasn't been told.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2012, 11:43:31 PM »
My mom, when she carries, carries a Smith .357 with .38s loaded. I have two other female friends who carry, One a hammerless Smith .38 and the other a Ruger LCR, I think.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2012, 11:53:33 PM »
My mom has a Ruger M77 in 7mm-08 and a Browning Auto-5 in 20 gauge, but she hasn't used either of them for 20 or 30 years. My sister doesn't own any guns, but will occasionally shoot one of mine or one of my father's. (Actually, same goes for my brother). They don't mind guns, they just aren't "into" them.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2012, 12:51:19 AM »
<vader>Impressive.</vader>

Why, thank you sir.  =)

Ladies, thank you for posting your comments.

I'm adding gun make model, caliber, and use to a spreadsheet and will post the results when I'm done collecting data. As you can see here, it's a bit all over the board. I'm going to put something up on facebook too and sometime soon will have a full questionnaire for women shooters. And when the time comes APS will be the first to know what I'm doing and why! :)

You're welcome and I'm looking forward to the questionnaire. 
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).