Author Topic: its OK to steal, as long as you're for the enviornment  (Read 992 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
its OK to steal, as long as you're for the enviornment
« on: February 21, 2012, 01:22:03 AM »
globular warming is real - if you're a true believer, you don't need proof.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/02/20/breaking-peter-gleick-admits-he-obtained-fakegate-documents-by-deception/
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: its OK to steal, as long as you're for the enviornment
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 09:54:59 AM »
Seeing advocates who follow the "ends justify the means" philosophy is nothing new. 

Even short of stealing, just the fact that some of these guys feel the need to campaign publicly for AWG and attack the other side demonstrates that they know they don't have facts on their side. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 12:29:40 PM »
They don't need facts when our side is prepared to just passively take it regardless.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 01:30:19 PM »
Lest we forget, the stolen real documents were spiked with some fakes, one of which has been identified.

Guess which doc got the most attention in the media?

For the past few weeks, my bedtime reading has been Robert Service’s Trotsky: A Biography. One of the last major works that Trotsky published was Their Morality and Ours: The Moralists and Sycophants Against Marxism. This was the exiled Bolshevik’s defense of revolutionary ruthlessness, in which he declared that the proletariat “must be completely free from the fictions of religion, ‘democracy’ and transcendental morality — the spiritual chains forged by the enemy.”
Think about that for a moment, and then remember that within two years of publishing that booklet, Trotsky got an ice-ax in the skull from KGB assassin Ramon Mercader, an agent of Stalin who was, needless to say, “completely free from the fictions of religion,” etc.
Once you begin to believe that the success of the Cause justifies deceit and theft, how long until you begin making excuses for other crimes committed on behalf of the Cause? I do not accuse Peter Gleick and his fellow fanatics of any Stalinist ambitions, but when we see them engaged in Stalinist methods — publishing forged documents to smear their critics – aren’t we justified in suspecting that they are not otherwise honest?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton