Author Topic: GOP POTUS Candidate Shinola Sandwich: Mustard or Ketchup?  (Read 16380 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: GOP POTUS Candidate Shinola Sandwich: Mustard or Ketchup?
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2012, 09:19:00 PM »
So what you are saying is that if you can't Save the Country in the next 4 years, we might as well give up and stay home (for as long as you have it).  Sounds like you really care.

Correct. I really care. Thus I am not staying home. I am voting for the candidate who best mirrors what I believe, whether he has an "R" next to his name or not. I voted using your "best option" for nearly thirty years. No more.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2012, 10:18:49 PM »
No, what everybody seems to be saying is that if we elect a failcandidate that has an R next to his name, that will actually make Saving the Country [or whatever] harder in the long run.

Yup.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2012, 10:32:09 PM »
No, what everybody seems to be saying is that if we elect a failcandidate that has an R next to his name, that will actually make Saving the Country [or whatever] harder in the long run.

What electing an R does is BUY US TIME.  Nothing more.  But buying time is important.  We are going to need a militant and large and organized conservative movement that has both clarity and resolve.  We are going to need a powerful civil rights movement willing to lay it all on the line.  We are going to have to accept that fact that civil disobedience may be necessary to make ourselves properly heard and respected.  Do we have this now?  No.  Will re-electing Obama be the cold bath that will expeditiously create all the aforementioned?  Doubtful.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2012, 11:57:27 PM »
4 years of Romney or Santorum will not result in conservative types getting ready to fight Civil War II.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2012, 02:04:11 AM »
But it may buy the time needed to AVERT Civil War II.  That is my point.  There are things that haven't been tried yet, as I mentioned.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2012, 03:14:10 AM »
What electing an R does is BUY US TIME.  Nothing more.  But buying time is important.  We are going to need a militant and large and organized conservative movement that has both clarity and resolve.  We are going to need a powerful civil rights movement willing to lay it all on the line.  We are going to have to accept that fact that civil disobedience may be necessary to make ourselves properly heard and respected.  Do we have this now?  No.  Will re-electing Obama be the cold bath that will expeditiously create all the aforementioned?  Doubtful.

Electing the RIGHT (R) might buy us time to effect the change we need, to start the country back towards governance in accord with the Constitution.  Electing Mr. Mitt Obama-lite or Mr. Rick Theocrat, simply because they have an (R) by their name on the ballot, will not help this nation in the slightest - not even by buying time. On the contrary - they'll hasten the collapse. Do not validate the powers-that-be, in both wings of the Modern American Political Machine, by telling them that their pitiful offerings are okay.  Demand better.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2012, 11:33:31 AM »
I do demand better, but what I demand is that WE go about building a mass civil rights movement that will then find its valid representatives.  None of the people running--none--are going to do anything to slow the unraveling. 

Frankly, no matter who reaches the White House in November the facts on the ground remain: the nation is ungovernable and riven to the marrow.  Neither Romney nor Santorum nor Gingrich nor Obama will able to achieve anything that requires a majority support in America, and that means whatever happens will happen by force--and be resisted by force.

I'd ask "Is that what you what?" but it doesn't matter, it's going to happen regardless of what either of us wants.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.