Author Topic: Buffy the Vampire Slayer to have an abortion after drunken one-night stand  (Read 9793 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer to have an abortion after drunken one-night stand
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2012, 01:47:33 AM »
And anyway, 'dark' doesn't equal 'good' or even 'smart' or 'insightful'.

Racist!
"It's good, though..."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2012, 10:03:29 AM »
And anyway, 'dark' doesn't equal 'good' or even 'smart' or 'insightful'.
Yeah, dark just means the author tries to avoid anything resembling a happy ending.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2012, 11:49:24 AM »
Thanks, but I have no intention of going back to comics.  Too many good books I haven't read. 

As an aside, books like David Drake's Hammer's Slammers stories are dark.  Few comics reach that level.  On the entertainment side, books like Monster Hunter International and Rats, Bats, and Vats are way more entertaining. 

That said, I still have to watch all the comic hero movies coming out no matter how bad. Too buried in my childhood imagination.

??? I never implied you should. I was just refuting the assertion (made by a number of folks) that comics/graphic novel authors never take actual strong controversial stands. Someone in the entertainment industry bashing OWS (and anyone portraying Islam negatively) is taking a real, serious risk to their career (and life).

FTR, I've never been into comics, even as a kid. But it's unfair to paint all people involved in that medium as lightweight intellectual and moral cowards.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2012, 12:14:30 PM »
There are real vampires and zombies out there, but they're not in comic books or escapist action movies. 
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2012, 02:35:41 PM »
There are real vampires and zombies out there, but they're not in comic books or escapist action movies. 

Yea I know, they work for the IRS and in kongress.....
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero