Author Topic: Question for Viking on Santorum  (Read 4387 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Question for Viking on Santorum
« on: March 07, 2012, 03:23:42 AM »
One of my Soldiers is into the online game Eve and was on last night as it was mentioned that Santorum was winning such and such primary.  That got a discussion started that several people in the game who live in Europe stated that some news reports are stating if he were to become President that a few countries would not be as friendly towards the U.S. as they currently are.  Some of these countries being Sweden, Finland and Norway.  No specifics were given but seems that on some visits to that part of the World by him, he pissed a few people off.  Have you heard any of this and if so can you give some insight?  Or can you find if there is any substance to the stories if you haven't heard?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 03:36:20 AM by wmenorr67 »
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Question for Viking on Santorium
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 03:34:49 AM »
Santorum took Oklahoma's primary with 34% to Romney's 28%.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Question for Viking on Santorum
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 03:37:21 AM »
Yeah I saw that.  Just curious how the rest of the World views him, because it looks like it is going to be a dog fight to the end.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 07:26:19 AM »
I haven't followed the papers too closely for a while know, but best I can tell, many people here, including those on the right, would be butthurt about anyone but Obama winning. I honestly don't know why they'd think Santorum would be the worst of the so-called conservatives though. I'll dig into it a bit and see what I find...
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 07:37:05 AM »
The media here portrays him as a ZOMG CHRISTIAN RADICAL.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 09:11:47 AM »

He takes his orders from the Pope, dontcha know?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 12:03:47 PM »

Isn't he?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 01:15:23 PM »
Former Pennsylvania senator Rick Santorum is coming under new scrutiny over an old speech in which he said the United States was under threat from Lucifer himself.

"Satan has his sights on the United States of America," Santorum told a Catholic university audience in 2008.

"Satan is attacking the great institutions of America - using those great vices of pride, vanity and sensuality as the root to attack all of the strong plants that [have] so deeply rooted in the American tradition."

I wonder if it is these comments from his "Satan" speech to a US Catholic university in 2008.

It may have offended some less than Catholic non-Americans.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Devil+details+2008+Santorum+political+speech/6196565/story.html
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 02:43:22 PM »
Based on what my Soldier told me it was based on trips he took to Europe.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 04:24:01 PM »
Isn't he?

No, he would be a lower-case "o" orthodox Roman Catholic and Christian.  Of course, being a Papist he's wrong on some of the particulars, but he is honestly wrong on them and in accord with his denomination.  As far as I can tell.

Popery

Potpourri

http://29palms.bookoo.com/item25594489.html?itemId=25594489&src=SEARCH
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 06:18:07 PM »
You are right. He can't be a Christian radical because thinking it over, I don't think he qualifies as a Christian.

"Christian" has to be more narrowly defined here.

Does it mean anyone with a self righteous attitude that calls himself one or should it apply only to those who actually bother to follow the teachings?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 07:06:03 AM »
You are right. He can't be a Christian radical because thinking it over, I don't think he qualifies as a Christian.

"Christian" has to be more narrowly defined here.

Does it mean anyone with a self righteous attitude that calls himself one or should it apply only to those who actually bother to follow the teachings?
If you are saying Catholics are not Christians, this will not go well at all.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 07:32:56 AM »
If you are saying Catholics are not Christians, this will not go well at all.

JB:

I read Blakenzy's response as a round 'bout way of writing, "I am ignorant regarding the topic at hand.  And I like bunnies with pancakes balanced on top of their heads."
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 07:33:45 AM »

Same here.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 07:34:20 AM »
JB:

I read Blakenzy's response as a round 'bout way of writing, "I am ignorant regarding the topic at hand.  And I like bunnies with pancakes balanced on top of their heads."

Same here.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 08:33:54 AM »
Yeah. No.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”