Author Topic: Prosecutor rules out grand jury in Trayvon Martin case  (Read 22761 times)

De Selby

• friend
Re: Prosecutor rules out grand jury in Trayvon Martin case
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2012, 11:46:45 PM »
Zimmerman will be the sacrifice made to keep the rabble peaceful...

.....I wonder if the MSM will ask Barabbas for a comment?......

As predicted, the "oh the injustice!" train is starting up - and when he's convicted we will see more of the same.   

Here's a guy who is the poster child for anti carry, anti gun types (roaming around armed with no training, looking for "suspects" and dreaming of one day being a cop), and we've compared him to Jesus.

Expect some changes to the law as a result.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2012, 12:37:55 AM »

Do you think the laws in Florida are at fault here?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2012, 01:06:13 AM »

Do you think the laws in Florida are at fault here?

I don't think so at all.  It's more this public perception that SYG means "ok to play batman and shoot people."

This idea that it's ok to go chasing people for wearing hoodies and "looking suspicious" will lead to demands for reform.  Support for Zimmerman is often expressed that way, which contributes to the problem. 

Nevermind that the law doesn't allow it and Zimmerman is now facing serious time for what he did.  The invented disputes about his conduct will be enough to drive changes to the law.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2012, 01:25:15 AM »
No.

Thanks Avenger for the info on the trademark situation.  =)
Suffice it to say I'm on the verge of getting PO'd at practically all parties involved in this case.
However, I'm still waiting on more facts to come out, if they ever do.  =|
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2012, 01:39:05 AM »
I don't think so at all.  It's more this public perception that SYG means "ok to play batman and shoot people."

As usual, you have your facts wrong. Batman doesn't shoot people.  :P

I though perhaps that's what you meant.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2012, 02:16:14 AM »
When the prosecutor made the decision not to go the GJ I figured this was a likely outcome (the charges).  If she didn't file charges she'd have (public) hell to pay. 

Zimmerman was a dumbass.  If he had not pursued Martin, most likely the confrontation never would have occured, and none of this would be going on.  But, had Martin also not been a dumbass it's highly unlikely the confrontation would have turned lethal. 

I doubt the prosecutor will plea bargin to manslaughter (nevermind something even lower like agg. assault or reckless endagerment) even if Zimmerman wants to.  That would be seen by the MSM and the Al Sharpton brigades as an injustice. 

My prediction is that Zimmerman gets convicted at trial and has the conviction overturned on eventual appeal.  If he lives long enough to see that play out.

And if he's smart he'll refuse to post bail even if it's offered and demand protective custody.  Anything else and he's most likely a dead man.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2012, 02:36:15 AM »
If he offers a manslaughter plea of guilty and agrees to serve hard time on it, this case will be over tomorrow.

Sumpnz, you can't predict the odds of an appeal before trial.  If the trial is procedurally correct and he's convicted, he's toast.  He'd be better off practicing his speech for the parole board.  Major errors that lead to a mistrial are likely to be recognized straight away.  They'll just retry him if that happens.

He's now a defendant in a 2nd degree murder case.  I stand by the proposition that chasing people with a CHL presents an incredibly high risk of this outcome.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2012, 02:50:10 AM »
I can predict anything I want.  Even the (unlikely) possibilty of us agreeing on something.

My point is that the political environment will all but guarantee he gets convicted at trial.  Most people old enough to serve on a jury remember the aftermath of the Rodney King beating trial and won't want to feel responsible for anoher massive riot like that.  An appeal can result in that conviction being overturned if the courts determine that self defense does apply and that the trial jury wrongly convicted him.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2012, 05:57:52 AM »
Next question: do you think Zimmerman will come out of hiding & turn himself in?  I'm thinking not.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2012, 06:19:09 AM »
Next question: do you think Zimmerman will come out of hiding & turn himself in?  I'm thinking not.....
He turned himself in very shortly after the announcement and is in custody.

The prosecutor didn't want to cause rioting, so the charges should come as no surprise. Let's pay attention and see what additional information was developed by authorities - right now, from an interview televised last night, even Zimmerman's new lawyer doesn't know what the prosecutor's case against him is.

Hmmm . . . wonder if the prosecutor deliberately filed the most serious charge possible to placate the (radical) masses, knowing that by over-charging Zimmerman a conviction is less likely. It will be interesting to see if they stick to the Murder 2 charge, or ultimately give the jury the option to convict on some lesser count.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2012, 07:01:56 AM »
As predicted, the "oh the injustice!" train is starting up - and when he's convicted we will see more of the same.   

Here's a guy who is the poster child for anti carry, anti gun types (roaming around armed with no training, looking for "suspects" and dreaming of one day being a cop), and we've compared him to Jesus.

I warned you, didn't I?
We had an agreement, didn't we?
You just can't help being a *expletive deleted*bag, can you?
You are a whining liar who I will not trust again.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2012, 07:19:45 AM »
I warned you, didn't I?
We had an agreement, didn't we?
You just can't help being a *expletive deleted*, can you?
You are a whining liar who I will not trust again.

You "warned" him, eh?

I'm closing this. 

Chris