Author Topic: Zimmerman Free on Bond  (Read 23097 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Zimmerman Free on Bond
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2012, 12:43:24 AM »

I still couldn't find any confession of criminal activity.  Quote, pls.

Yeah, I don't see it, either. I found what DeSelby's quoting, and I can see why he's taking it that way. But he's jumping to conclusions.

They do a year and dont ever open their mouth to get my *expletive deleted* pinched

Is that a confession that he deserved to get "pinched" and let an innocent take his punishment? No. It could mean his "boys" had a chance to scapegoat him for something they did, and they didn't.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2012, 01:28:48 AM »

I still couldn't find any confession of criminal activity.  Quote, pls.

It was this part
I can hit my boy up to handle a lil somethin with my sister...They do a year and  dont ever open their mouth to get my *expletive deleted* pinched

That's slang for his friends doing prison time without informing on him, which in his words would have gotten him prison time "pinched.".  It's unambiguous that he thinks had his friends opened their mouths during their year, he'd have joined them.

Fistful, there's no reasonable way to interpret that as Zimmerman being happy that "his boys" didn't make up lies about him to get him thrown in jail.   The only reasonable conclusion is that he considers them great friends because they didn't talk to the police when doing so would have gotten him pinched.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2012, 07:41:39 AM »
It was this part
That's slang for his friends doing prison time without informing on him, which in his words would have gotten him prison time "pinched.".  It's unambiguous that he thinks had his friends opened their mouths during their year, he'd have joined them.

Fistful, there's no reasonable way to interpret that as Zimmerman being happy that "his boys" didn't make up lies about him to get him thrown in jail.   The only reasonable conclusion is that he considers them great friends because they didn't talk to the police when doing so would have gotten him pinched.

:lol:

You're assuming a lot.  Reaching desperately.  Pathetic.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2012, 09:24:16 AM »

No, there's no reasonable way they could tell lies about him to make him appear guilty of something he didn't do. NBC did it, but there's no way anybody else could. It could never happen.

And even if your assumption is correct, it still doesn't show that his friends are doing his time for him, as you alleged. They could be equally or even more guilty of whatever the crime is supposed to be.

Well, bragging about beating the two charges on the same page where you brag about other people doing jail time so you dont get pinched ...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 09:31:26 AM by wishes he was a fistful »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2012, 10:56:10 AM »
De Selby,

FWIW, I think most of us agree that the page puts Z in a bad light. And I would agree that his comments probably (but not necessarily) mean that he skated on a charge (of which he was guilty) because his friends didn't implicate him. I'm just not jumping to conclusions.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2012, 11:41:39 AM »
What are you trying to say?? I'm smartier then those worser writers!!

What makes you think you're any betterer than anyone else? [tinfoil] [popcorn] =D :lol: :lol: :angel:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2012, 12:32:47 PM »
It's from 2005? As in SEVEN YEARS AGO? Making him about 20 at the time of the posts? Wow, that's such condemning evidence.

Even if every single assumption you are making is true, it is still completely possible that in the intervening years he has become a more responsible person. The fact that his neighbors asked him to join the neighborhood watch (and possible head the neighborhood watch) suggests to me that he may very well be a well-respected member of their community.

And I will admit I am in the tank for Zimmerman now. The attempted lynching in the media has really earned him a GREAT DEAL of benefit of the doubt from me. 7 year old references to possible crimes from 7 or 8 years ago? Not going to sway me to join the lynch mob.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2012, 01:31:18 PM »
I will admit I am in the tank for Zimmerman now. The attempted lynching in the media has really earned him a GREAT DEAL of benefit of the doubt from me.

Shouldn't we all be hoping that Zimmerman's actions turn out to have been justified? Because if he was in the wrong, what happened that night is much more tragic.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2012, 01:34:29 PM »
Shouldn't we all be hoping that Zimmerman's actions turn out to have been justified? Because if he was in the wrong, what happened that night is much more tragic.

I am hoping that. It's just going to take a significant amount of evidence to convince me it wasn't justified given the actions of the press and the blood-sucking lawyer for the Martin family.

(Meaning not that I hope he gets off even if he was in the wrong but that it's going to take a lot of evidence to convince me he was in the wrong.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2012, 02:47:38 PM »
the page puts Z in a bad light

But that was before he turned his life around  :lol:   :angel:   =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

HankB

• friend
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2012, 02:58:55 PM »
If some compelling evidence (credible witness, security video, conclusive forensic evidence, etc.) surfaces proving that Zimmerman attacked Martin - that is, that HE initiated violence by hitting, kicking, or grabbing Martin - whatever good will he currently has will evaporate in a matter of minutes.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2012, 05:59:45 PM »
Yes, we should do just that.
From a SD standpoint, it would be extremely helpful.

Too many are jumping to conclusions.
Sadly, DeSelby and most of the MSM have already passed judgement by skewing their judgement to match their opinions.

What I see from the rest of gun community here is a very tempered wait and see attitude.
I respect this kind of common sense, and the openness to pass judgement upon the release of more accurate evidence.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2012, 11:37:23 PM »
Yes, we should do just that.
From a SD standpoint, it would be extremely helpful.

From most anyone's standpoint, really. If an innocent young man died because someone started a fight he didn't want, that's terrible. If Zimmerman killed him in self-defense, it might still be terrible, but at least Martin died for his own misdeeds.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2012, 11:00:19 AM »
Has anyone felt there has been a dramatic reduction in MSM time on this topic in the past week or two?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2012, 11:01:37 AM »
Has anyone felt there has been a dramatic reduction in MSM time on this topic in the past week or two?

Oh come on. We have the tanning mom now. Try to keep up.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2012, 01:09:37 PM »
Oh come on. We have the tanning mom now. Try to keep up.

She's guilty I hate her!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2012, 02:19:52 PM »
If Zimmerman shoots the Tanning Mom, would his charges be dismissed?....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.