Author Topic: Zimmerman Free on Bond  (Read 23037 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Zimmerman Free on Bond
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 07:52:51 PM »
There's been talk of a federal hate crime charge for a while now. Here's a story from a month ago.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/03/25/u-s-could-bring-hate-crime-charge-against-trayvon-martins-shooter/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2012, 09:25:24 PM »
I read somewhere, but can't remember where, that Holder's DOJ is looking at this. Maybe they'll go for violating Martin's civil rights if Zimmerman isn't convicted of something.

Will the LAPD deputize him first?.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2012, 05:51:09 AM »
They call themselves "original gangster" how about they get an original ghetto?
They'd only get an original ghetto if they were Jewish.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghetto
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2012, 07:59:12 AM »
Angela Corey won her bid for re-election this week.  She was unchallenged and won by default.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/20/2759374/fla-prosecutor-in-martin-case.html#storylink=cpy

I think the reason that the prosecuter appeared to be so unprepared was because he didn't have any facts to present.  

Same w/ the co-lead investigator.  They both knew that the charging of Zimmerman was simply to buy time to let things cool down and thought that Zimmerman's counsel had gotten the memo and was onboard w/ the plan.  They should have realized that O'mara was not a pushover.  I suspect that now that Zimmerman is out on bail Omara will put on the brakes and do everything he can to make sure the trial does not take place til after the national elections.  No more Obama/Holder=no more hate crime charges.  I suspect that if the DOJ hadn't gotten involved there would have been no charges.  

Injuries to the back of the head tend to indicate either struck from behind or back of head struck on something ... I'm sure Omara would not have brought up medical records to support injuries if they were not available.  Based on physical evidence it sounds like a textbook case of self defense.  I'll bet Omara has an investigator digging into Trayvons background right now.  I doubt we'll learn what he finds before the trial or until the book comes out.  I would love to see genuine photos of Martin taken w/in the past six months, sure saw a bunch of him as a child.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 08:04:02 AM by Chester32141 »
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2012, 09:09:08 AM »
Angela Corey won her bid for re-election this week.  She was unchallenged and won by default.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/20/2759374/fla-prosecutor-in-martin-case.html#storylink=cpy

I think the reason that the prosecuter appeared to be so unprepared was because he didn't have any facts to present.  

Same w/ the co-lead investigator.  They both knew that the charging of Zimmerman was simply to buy time to let things cool down and thought that Zimmerman's counsel had gotten the memo and was onboard w/ the plan.  They should have realized that O'mara was not a pushover.  I suspect that now that Zimmerman is out on bail Omara will put on the brakes and do everything he can to make sure the trial does not take place til after the national elections.  No more Obama/Holder=no more hate crime charges.  I suspect that if the DOJ hadn't gotten involved there would have been no charges.  

Injuries to the back of the head tend to indicate either struck from behind or back of head struck on something ... I'm sure Omara would not have brought up medical records to support injuries if they were not available.  Based on physical evidence it sounds like a textbook case of self defense.  I'll bet Omara has an investigator digging into Trayvons background right now.  I doubt we'll learn what he finds before the trial or until the book comes out.  I would love to see genuine photos of Martin taken w/in the past six months, sure saw a bunch of him as a child.

I bet you also toss around hatefacts with abandon, too. 

No lynching justice no peace!
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2012, 12:07:19 PM »
So go back to the old style ghetto? 

Sadly, it's time that we realized that we have a bunch of "Gaza Strips" in the cities all over the US.  :(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Chester32141

• friend
Reuters on George Zimmerman
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2012, 07:50:37 AM »

Reuters ... He was raised in a racially integrated household and himself has black roots through an Afro-Peruvian great-grandfather - the father of the maternal grandmother who helped raise him.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/25/us-usa-florida-shooting-zimmerman-idUSBRE83O18H20120425
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Reuters on George Zimmerman
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2012, 09:57:29 AM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/25/us-usa-florida-shooting-zimmerman-idUSBRE83O18H20120425

Wow. That was a good, in-depth, and pretty unbiased article. Surprising from Reuters. Kudos to the reporter for actually reporting.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
Re: Reuters on George Zimmerman
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2012, 11:06:48 AM »
Wow. That was a good, in-depth, and pretty unbiased article. Surprising from Reuters. Kudos to the reporter for actually reporting.
+1

But suggest you take a look at the comments at the Reuters site . . . most are positive about this article, but a few people seem to be downright angry that they're not painting Zimmerman as the murderer they know him to be.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2012, 09:58:20 AM »
http://www.newsmax.com/US/zimmerman-trayvon-shooting-gun/2012/04/25/id/437099

A pit bull named Big Boi began menacing George and Shellie Zimmerman in the fall of 2009.

The first time the dog ran free and cornered his wife Shellie in their gated community in Sanford, Florida, George called the owner to complain. The second time, Big Boi frightened his mother-in-law's dog. Zimmerman called Seminole County Animal Services and bought pepper spray. The third time he saw the dog on the loose, he called again. An officer came to the house, county records show.

"Don't use pepper spray," he told the Zimmermans, according to a friend. "It'll take two or three seconds to take effect, but a quarter second for the dog to jump you," he said.

"Get a gun."

That November, the Zimmermans completed firearms training at a local lodge and received concealed-weapons gun permits. In early December, another source close to them told Reuters, the couple bought a pair of guns. George picked a Kel-Tec PF-9 9mm handgun, a popular, lightweight weapon.

By June 2011, Zimmerman's attention had shifted from a loose pit bull to a wave of robberies that rattled the community, called the Retreat at Twin Lakes. The homeowners association asked him to launch a neighborhood watch, and Zimmerman would begin to carry the Kel-Tec on his regular, dog-walking patrol - a violation of neighborhood watch guidelines but not a crime.

Few of his closest neighbors knew he carried a gun - until two months ago.

But a more nuanced portrait of Zimmerman has emerged from a Reuters investigation into Zimmerman's past and a series of incidents in the community in the months preceding the Martin shooting.

Based on extensive interviews with relatives, friends, neighbors, schoolmates and co-workers of Zimmerman in two states, law enforcement officials, and reviews of court documents and police reports, the story sheds new light on the man at the center of one of the most controversial homicide cases in America.

The 28-year-old insurance-fraud investigator comes from a deeply Catholic background and was taught in his early years to do right by those less fortunate. He was raised in a racially integrated household and himself has black roots through an Afro-Peruvian great-grandfather - the father of the maternal grandmother who helped raise him.

A criminal justice student who aspired to become a judge, Zimmerman also concerned himself with the safety of his neighbors after a series of break-ins committed by young African-American men.

Though civil rights demonstrators have argued Zimmerman should not have prejudged Martin, one black neighbor of the Zimmermans said recent history should be taken into account.

"Let's talk about the elephant in the room. I'm black, OK?" the woman said, declining to be identified because she anticipated backlash due to her race. She leaned in to look a reporter directly in the eyes. "There were black boys robbing houses in this neighborhood," she said. "That's why George was suspicious of Trayvon Martin."
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2012, 05:22:31 PM »
According to the race-hustler "one drop" rule that prevails, if Zimmerman's found guilty, would be classified "black on black" crime?

Good gravy, this is turning out to be a mess & a half.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2012, 02:42:49 AM »
I suspect that having confessed to criminal conspiracies on MySpace in the past won't help his case:http://www.myspace.com/onlytobekingagain

...I can hit my boy up to handle a lil somethin with my sister...They do a year and  dont ever open their mouth to get my ass pinched.

http://www.myspace.com/onlytobekingagain/blog/43907650

http://www.myspace.com/onlytobekingagain/blog/45086227

Two felonies eh?  I wonder if he's as proud of this latest charge.

"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2012, 08:29:21 AM »
I suspect that having confessed to criminal conspiracies on MySpace in the past won't help his case:http://www.myspace.com/onlytobekingagain

http://www.myspace.com/onlytobekingagain/blog/43907650

http://www.myspace.com/onlytobekingagain/blog/45086227

Two felonies eh?  I wonder if he's as proud of this latest charge.

What does being charged with two felonies prove?

You're getting desperate and it shows.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2012, 08:34:25 AM »
What does being charged with two felonies prove?

You're getting desperate and it shows.

Well, bragging about beating the two charges on the same page where you brag about other people doing jail time so you dont get pinched can't be a plus when your current felony charge is murder.

Of course that manslaughter case is made out by the tapes - this piece (which his lawyer confirmed) is more for the people who are shouting about what a nice guy he was, amd how his victim got suspended from school and wore hoodies.   If thuggish internet comments mattered to them from the dead half of this story, these ones should too.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2012, 08:53:34 AM »
The only thing his myspace page proves is he sounds like your average american 20 something moron.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2012, 09:14:55 AM »
So where can we see these comments, and where does his lawyer confirm any of this?

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2012, 09:16:12 AM »
lol  so zimmermans stuff convicts him  but poor trayvon is just a innocent boy funning on the internet?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2012, 12:48:32 PM »
The only thing his myspace page proves is he sounds like your average american 20 something moron.
Exactly my thoughts when reading his prose. He is definitely a maroon.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2012, 01:33:47 PM »
The only thing I get from the myspace page is he has worser writing skills then C&S daddy & he thinks the other person that went to jail or something deserved it. Being that he is not guilty I might hazard a guess that he wasn't guilty.

Nope, looks like Chester32141  and the others are right and our resident myspace miner is wrong yet again.
I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2012, 07:37:31 PM »
The only thing I get from the myspace page is he has worser writing skills then C&S daddy & he thinks the other person that went to jail or something deserved it. Being that he is not guilty I might hazard a guess that he wasn't guilty.

Nope, looks like Chester32141  and the others are right and our resident myspace miner is wrong yet again.
I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.
:police: :facepalm:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2012, 09:42:33 PM »
So where can we see these comments, and where does his lawyer confirm any of this?

I actually only found it because it was on msnbc with a story about how his lawyer confirmed it - http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/02/11503803-george-zimmermans-old-myspace-page-includes-slurs-against-mexicans?lite

I don't think this is relevant to establishing the facts around the shooting.  What I do find interesting is that many Zimmerman supporters, including on this board, thought that trawling the net for pictures of trayvon Martin and gangsta style chat posts by him was relevant to the defence, but outright confessions of criminal activity on Zimmerman's website don't seem to carry much sway.

Why the difference in uptake between the victims Internet life and the shooter's?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2012, 09:51:55 PM »
Oh, OK. Still don't see the comment you quoted, though. Without the context, I'm not sure what he's talking about.

Same with the "anti-Mexican slurs" that the article leads with. He says some things about Mexicans doing bad things, but they hardly seem to be slurs against Mexicans in general. At least without context.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2012, 10:00:54 PM »
Oh, OK. Still don't see the comment you quoted, though. Without the context, I'm not sure what he's talking about.

Same with the "anti-Mexican slurs" that the article leads with. He says some things about Mexicans doing bad things, but they hardly seem to be slurs against Mexicans in general. At least without context.

I agree, which is why I didn't bother repeating the "anti mexican" malarkey.

The comment is included in that long rant on the right hand side of his first page, in "about me".

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2012, 12:31:12 AM »
I actually only found it because it was on msnbc with a story about how his lawyer confirmed it - http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/02/11503803-george-zimmermans-old-myspace-page-includes-slurs-against-mexicans?lite

I don't think this is relevant to establishing the facts around the shooting.  What I do find interesting is that many Zimmerman supporters, including on this board, thought that trawling the net for pictures of trayvon Martin and gangsta style chat posts by him was relevant to the defence, but outright confessions of criminal activity on Zimmerman's website don't seem to carry much sway.

Why the difference in uptake between the victims Internet life and the shooter's?

I still couldn't find any confession of criminal activity.  Quote, pls.
JD

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2012, 12:35:29 AM »
:police: :facepalm:

What are you trying to say?? I'm smartier then those worser writers!!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."