Author Topic: Bratwurst Pizza  (Read 1374 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Bratwurst Pizza
« on: June 20, 2012, 08:39:42 AM »
I had some leftover Brats from Father's Day and decided to try something new.

So, after checking on some websites for ways of doing this, I incorporated a few ideas into one new pizza.

Bratwurst Pizza:

Pizza Crust(I used homemade, but you can make it however you prefer. Mine was a little thin and crunchy.)

2 Bratwurst, sliced. (Somewhat thin, but not pepperoni thin. I'm not certain one could do that with bratwurst.)
Onions and greens peppers, sliced and grilled. (I used half a large red onion and half a green pepper)
~8oz shredded cheddar cheese. (I added a little more as I like cheese)
Pizza Sauce (again, your preference, but I made my own- one can tomato paste, one can tomato sauce, 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced, italian seasonings, paprika, and fennel)

Spread the pizza sauce on the crust.
Add bratwurst and pepper and onions as desired (I put bratwurst first with the onions and peppers spread on top)
Cover with cheddar cheese and bake at 425ºF for 10-15 mins.

Serve alone or with some dijon mustard (or your preference) for dipping.

I may have a new favorite pizza.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 10:39:18 AM by makattak »
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Bratwurst Pizza
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 09:17:20 AM »
I'll be over at 6 pm. What can I bring, drinks-wise?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 10:12:54 AM »
That sounds... excellent.

Just so long as it's REAL bratwurst, with visible spices, and a coarse grind, and not the stuff that's grey tubes of.. something, bratwurst mix ground to the consistency of hot dog filling I see sold in some places outside Wisconsin or no major Germanic populations.  [barf]
I promise not to duck.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 10:24:31 AM »
That sounds... excellent.

Just so long as it's REAL bratwurst, with visible spices, and a coarse grind, and not the stuff that's grey tubes of.. something, bratwurst mix ground to the consistency of hot dog filling I see sold in some places outside Wisconsin or no major Germanic populations.  [barf]

Good point. I didn't specify that, but yes, don't use "hotdogwurst". And as I somewhat alluded to, this is a great way to use any bratwurst leftovers. (On the rare occasion you end up with brat leftovers.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 10:35:17 AM »
I will have to try that with some mettwurst.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.