Author Topic: I LOVE CAMPUS POLICE!!!  (Read 10091 times)

Black92LX

I LOVE CAMPUS POLICE!!!
« on: March 04, 2005, 02:32:52 PM »
So i was across the state border to get some beverages for the evening. With the state store crap here in Ohio Kentucky is far cheaper for alcohol purchases. Especially when it's only a 7 minute drive to the best liquor store around.
I was in line with my 3 kegs on the cart thingy and i hear someone say so you go to (... University). Puzzled i turn around to see one of the campus police officers. He must have thought i did not recognize him. And he immediatly says "So where is the party?" HA what a dude. So i quickly responded "Like I am going to tell you."
Then he thought he would be slick and write the liscence plate down. Hmm last time i checked i have a mustang registered in my name and not a Tahoe. So they'll be headed to the wrong place :p
Funny Stuff!
But my dreams they aren't as empty
As my conscience seems to be
I have hours, only lonely
My love is vengeance
That's never free

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
I LOVE CAMPUS POLICE!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 03:23:33 PM »
Way to stick it the man!

So, where IS the party?  Wink
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

theCZ

• friend
    • http://www.hunewill.com
I LOVE CAMPUS POLICE!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 03:47:41 PM »
Wow, 3 kegs.  That must be one hell of a party.  How can you afford it?

yesterdaysyouth

• friend
I LOVE CAMPUS POLICE!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 03:55:25 PM »
sell books!!! how else... :mrgreen:

i get off work @ 8am, will anyone be awake then?? Wink

Black92LX

I LOVE CAMPUS POLICE!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 04:11:38 PM »
Wow, 3 kegs.  That must be one hell of a party.  How can you afford it?

we split it. then ask for small donations from the GUYS ONLY at the party. couple bucks here couple bucks there. and usually ends up costing up maybe $50 a peice. Not really bad.

i get off work @ 8am, will anyone be awake then??

hopefully i will be getting up for work about that time[/quote]
My love is vengeance
That's never free

Chuck Jennings

I LOVE CAMPUS POLICE!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 07:37:33 PM »
Back in the day, when we had keg parties at my place we always came out ahead moneywise.  I used the money to buy books!

OEF_VET

I LOVE CAMPUS POLICE!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 09:09:40 PM »
Years ago, (cue hazy screen, taking us back to a memory) I lived in Durham, NH, the home of UNH.  My roommates' family owned one of the bigger stores in the area and sold a significant amount of beer to the students.  The weekend of graduation '94, Todd and I were asked to deliver an additional 5 kegs to a party just outside of town.  Apparently, 10 kegs weren't enough!  The house was occupied by a bunch of students and they paid their rent by throwing keg parties.  Evidently this had been going on for years.

Oh, and it was a great party.  They had a band on the back deck and a bonfire in the backyard.  There were probably a good 400 people there when we arrived.

wasrjoe

I LOVE CAMPUS POLICE!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 09:11:01 PM »
Oh, and it was a great party. They had a band on the back deck and a bonfire in the backyard. There were probably a good 400 people there when we arrived.

Meh, I can't imagine being in a crowd of 400 (much less 400 drunks!) to be a good time. But, to each his own. I'm not a fan of large crowds.
Disenchanted with the Libertarian party and seeking practical ways to promote personal liberty.

I LOVE CAMPUS POLICE!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2005, 12:59:29 AM »
Why would the campus police care if you were having a party? Is there some rule about that over there or something?

bytor94

I LOVE CAMPUS POLICE!!!
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2005, 02:26:28 AM »
So...just where is/was this party Black92LX???.  :mrgreen:   It's been a long time since I attended a college party.

Black92LX

I LOVE CAMPUS POLICE!!!
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2005, 03:45:20 AM »
Why would the campus police care if you were having a party? Is there some rule about that over there or something?

that's all there is to do for the campus police. i go to a pretty small school and nothing really happens here. so they like to bust parties for noise violations and then use that as a reason to get into the house and bust underage consuption.
and yes parties are agianst city ordinances after 11:00pm here. No i am not joking. The definatition is 5 or more people gathered in or around a home where not all of the people live at the residence. we learned this last year by watching a DVD on the front porch. They sent 3 off us home at 11:15 on a fridaynight. we were not being loud or anything. the police just drove by and saw us all sitting on the porch.

That's why for our parties we have invested in Black sheets to cover all the windows, so they can't see in as they drive down the road.
My love is vengeance
That's never free

Gary

I LOVE CAMPUS POLICE!!!
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2005, 06:46:54 AM »
Just don't overdo it on the booze.  Alcohol poisoning is no fun.

Drizzt

I LOVE CAMPUS POLICE!!!
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2005, 12:48:33 AM »

Heck, I remember the Baylor SWAT Team (not really, but the Baylor Police were pretty gung ho) looking for parties off campus.  Gotta make sure nobody was dancing, ya know.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
I LOVE CAMPUS POLICE!!!
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2005, 06:29:00 AM »
did you know a VW thing can haul 5 half kegs and a CO2 system?

that particular weekend we ran 43 kegs

:shock:
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

uvakat

• friend
I LOVE CAMPUS POLICE!!!
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2005, 01:52:08 PM »
Just don't overdo it on the booze.  Alcohol poisoning is no fun.

Oh don't I know that... nothing like waking up in the ER with vague memories of what happened the night before... *shrudders at the memory*
Nothing like a couple hundred rounds down range to make a girl feel better.  

Phantom Warrior

• friend
I LOVE CAMPUS POLICE!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2005, 03:09:40 PM »
I seriously question the benefits of campus police.  The school pays for a headquarters, staff, officers, and BRAND SPANKING NEW squad cars so that we can have our own police force to do nothing but drive around campus and bust people for stuff like public intoxication and minor consumption.  What about major crimes you say?  For the handful of serious crimes committed on campuses I see no reason why the local municipality couldn't handle the investigation.  The college is part of the city, right?

hoji

I LOVE CAMPUS POLICE!!!
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2005, 01:24:26 PM »
At the University of Texas there is a saying"you cant spell stupid without UTPD{University of Texas Police Department for any Aggies out there Cheesy }

Black92LX

I LOVE CAMPUS POLICE!!!
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2005, 01:39:50 PM »
The college is part of the city, right?

Well not exactly. I go to a private university. therefore upon your arrest you don't have to be turned over to the local authorities. but the school can deam  almost any punishment it sees fit.

Larger campuses i don't see a problem with having a state certified police force or if a school is in the middle of nowhere. I see a campus security but i think the major stuff should be handled by the city which has a district station not even 1 mile down the road.
My love is vengeance
That's never free