Author Topic: The Great Big Fast & Furious (Eric Holder should be in jail) Thread.  (Read 12669 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012/08/13/Fast-and-Furious-Issa-sues-Holder/UPI-55711344837700/

Now there is a law suit being brought upon Holder. Let's see how long he can hide behind "executive privilege".

It seems there is a lot more to F&F than just "tracking guns to the Drug Cartel higher-ups". The US Justice department may have been cozily in bed with, actively assisting the Sinaloa Cartel in getting the upper hand over other players... in exchange for info?

http://www.businessinsider.com/fast-and-furious-guns-sinaloa-cartel-2012-8
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Fast and Furious won't go away
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 10:12:48 PM »
I'm tired of the blatant lies:

Fast and Furious, conducted from late 2009 to early 2011 by Phoenix-based ATF agents, was part of a strategy begun during the George W. Bush administration to combat Mexican drug and organized crime cartels.

It was NOT begun under GWB.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 05:52:01 AM »
I'm tired of the blatant lies:

It was NOT begun under GWB.

From what I've read, while there are some similarities, there are many more differences between Wide Receiver and Fast & Furious.

Carl N. Brown

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 08:04:25 AM »
Wide Receiver (2006-2007), the Medrano Case (2008) and Fast & Furious (2010 or late 2009 thru Jan 2011) had one person in common: Phoenix ATF SAC Bill Newell identified by many as the chief advocate of walking guns to try to get evidence on cartel heads.

The Hernadez Case (2007) was an example of "controlled delivery"--contacting the Mexicans with a heads-up to interdict the guns. When that failed, ATF HQ William Hoover ordered gunwalking stopped 6 Oct 2007.

That PDF linked in the Business Insider link ( http://narcosphere.narconews.com/userfiles/70/Pleadings.Sinaloa.Zambada.pdf  ) reads like the plot of last season of Sons of Anarchy.

The federal government has become a self-perpetuating leviathan juggernaut and the blame-Bush, blame-Obama, blame-the-next-figurehead misses the point: Phoenix ATF Field Office and Phoenix District USAO engaged in some pretty stupid stuff and the White Houses were probably unaware until it rose to the level of embarrassment triggering the usual cover-up. Notice how the Clinton Admin. handled Waco (full-tilt protection) versus Ruby Ridge (GHW Bush's baby) when both incidents involved lies by ATF, over-reaction by FBI HRT Commander Dick Rogers and many of the same ATF-USMS-FBI HQ personnel and decision makers. Federal agencies develop a culture that is passed down in training to the next generation of agents regardless of who is President.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 11:25:19 AM »
He will go to jail when Corzine does.

Don't hold your breath.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 10:48:21 PM »
He will go to jail when Corzine does.

Don't hold your breath.

That is the whole truth.  The investigation was just dropped by the Justice Department concerning John Corzine.  Political buddies count because they keep you out of jail. 

And....  the Democrats accuse the Republicans.  I am so sick of this stuff.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 11:28:00 PM »
The federal government has become a self-perpetuating leviathan juggernaut and the blame-Bush, blame-Obama, blame-the-next-figurehead misses the point: Phoenix ATF Field Office and Phoenix District USAO engaged in some pretty stupid stuff and the White Houses were probably unaware until it rose to the level of embarrassment triggering the usual cover-up. Notice how the Clinton Admin. handled Waco (full-tilt protection) versus Ruby Ridge (GHW Bush's baby) when both incidents involved lies by ATF, over-reaction by FBI HRT Commander Dick Rogers and many of the same ATF-USMS-FBI HQ personnel and decision makers. Federal agencies develop a culture that is passed down in training to the next generation of agents regardless of who is President.

Any why in tarnation do we have these alphabet 'law' enforcement agencies that are beholden to noone?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 04:53:55 PM »
Question for our local legal weasels (hey now, at least they don't get sucked into jet engines!): If Romney gets elected, can he strip executive privilege away from Holder?

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 05:25:20 PM »
Question for our local legal weasels (hey now, at least they don't get sucked into jet engines!): If Romney gets elected, can he strip executive privilege away from Holder?

Would he?  I'm guessing no.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 05:43:21 PM »

IIRC, only POTUS can claim EP.

So, the answer is YES.

Will he?  Maybe.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 07:17:52 PM »
On the slim chance that Romney is elected, I suspect he will be replacing Holder with his own nominee.  That kind of makes the discussion moot.  The AG is a political appointee.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 07:28:25 PM »
I think that Presidents don't rat out on Presidents (or their close staff). It's a self preservation tactic, as a guarantee that he will not be prosecuted after he leaves office he turns a blind eye at everything his predecessor may have allegedly done. Obama did it for W, and the vicious cycle carries on.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 08:29:21 PM »
I think that Presidents don't rat out on Presidents (or their close staff).

Probably true which goes to the argument that prosecutions even during the presiden't term of office are more political than criminal in the minds of Congress.  However, Obama started out wanting to rat out quite a few of the Bush folks.  I hope the truth comes out and I don't care where the chips fall whether it be during the Obama tenure or after.

I think Romney has an excellent chance of winning this time. His message will gain strength like a snow ball gaining size and momentum.  I frankly don't believe the polls anymore.  But the news people wouldn't have much to talk about during an election cycle if there were no polls.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 12:27:11 AM »
I suspect that Obama will grant a blanket pardon to Holder when he leaves office (if there is such a thing).  IANAL
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 08:06:05 PM »
Fast and Furious Congressional hearing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nML-_obI9t8

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 11:08:09 PM »
Why, just today, Obama stated on UniVision that Fast and Furious was begun under......wait for it....you know it is coming....you can feel it in your bones.........

"The Previous Administration"

And as soon as the current AG found out about it, he discontinued it.

Yep, that is what he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/president-obama-falsely-claims-fast-and-furious-program-begun-under-the-previous-administration/

bob

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012, 11:46:12 PM »
 :facepalm:

Well, I don't much approve of the "previous administration" nor do I intend to cut it any slack, but you have to admit that W. has indeed become the Fistful of US politics, minus the lovable charisma. =D

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2012, 12:03:09 AM »
Didn't we call fistful "George W Fistful" for awhile?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2012, 02:10:47 PM »
It won't go away?

Want to bet?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 10:45:10 PM »
Like a necropost, Fast and Furious keeps coming back...
Now massacres in Mexico are being tied to it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/01/report-claims-to-have-found-57-more-guns-tied-to-operation-fast-and-furious/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fpolitics+%28Internal+-+Politics+-+Text%29

Thought we already knew that. Or are you saying new massacres are occurring with F&F guns?

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 10:48:48 PM »
And according to Rush Limbaugh (listened to him on my way back from the Lawyers office), Univision did a huge expose on F&F.  Not as a whitewash job, but got the facts accurate and called out Eric Holder and Obama to come clean.

"I think up to 100 Mexicans might have died (in Operation Fast and Furious) and also American agent Brian Terry," Univision reporter Jorge Ramos said to President Obama during a recent interview.

"There's a report that 14 agents were responsible for the operation, but shouldn't the attorney general, Eric Holder ... have known about that? And if he didn't, should you fire him?"

Read More At IBD: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/100112-627744-univision-reveals-fast-and-furious-murders.htm#ixzz286dweS6S

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
Fast & Furious: Below the Radar and Above the Law
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2012, 04:58:43 AM »
Here's the preview for the documentary of the above name. Putting it in Politics section for the obvious course the discussion is like to take.

http://youtu.be/_NDT7am2VWw

Curious to see what the take of our current domestic regime and/or the media will be. My bet is silence.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Fast & Furious: Below the Radar and Above the Law
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2012, 07:36:49 AM »
My bet is silence.

Along with deflection, obfuscation, denial and bald face lies.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2012, 07:39:21 AM »
They are just doing the journalism American journalists won't do.

[^^^May be first time this meme is factually correct.]

More seriously...it seems Univision and Al Jazeera, with wholly alien motivations and perspectives, are more fair and objective in their reporting than CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, and many other MSM outlets.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton