Author Topic: New House- Moving to Maine!  (Read 3478 times)

jamz

• friend
  • bleem
New House- Moving to Maine!
« on: April 03, 2005, 06:58:46 AM »
That's right, we're getting out of Massachusetts and moving to a free state. Cheesy

Pic of the house:

BLING

Hoping there's some good hunting right  behind the house. Smiley

-Love, James
Everybody loves Magical Trevor

Dave Markowitz

• friend
    • http://blogostuff.blogspot.com/
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 08:42:33 AM »
Looks nice.  Congrats!

Warbow

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 12:19:34 PM »
Looks like a beautiful house! Congratulations.

Iain

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 12:48:35 PM »
Nice looking house. It's rude to ask about property prices, but British property prices scare me a lot right now, things seem cheaper over there.

Sky is pretty blue in those pics - is that typical for Maine?
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

jamz

• friend
  • bleem
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2005, 01:24:54 PM »
Ian, Maine is just like the rest of New England.  If you don't like the weather, it's okay, because it changes every 15 minutes. Smiley

None of that furniture is mine by the way, it all belongs to the current owner.

As far as price goes, property prices everywhere are pretty silly right now, so it's a bad time to be getting into it.  Suffice it to say that we sold our crappy somewhat run down 3 bedroom ranch in MA for almost a half million, and this place is in the low 300's.

Love, James

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 01:31:29 PM »
Jamz, beautiful place. Do you mind my asking where it is? How many acres you have with it? You might be able to hunt from the upper window of your garage at deer under that apple tree if the Maine deer are still as bold as I remember them. My grandad shot 30 in his bean patch in one night.

Ian, coastal Maine has a lot of clouds that scuttle in off the water, but nothing like the drizzly gloom of a lot of places. Property prices vary dramatically between 'down east' and the rest of the state. Still nothing like you see in the UK I suspect.  How much are do you want to spend, and how far north are you willing to go? I saw a 23,000 acre tract with an asking price of 9.5 million on the web recently:)
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

jamz

• friend
  • bleem
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 02:10:16 PM »
Stand_Waite, the house only has 1.3 acres, but there's farm in the front, farm across the street, and farm in the back, so I get the vantage of a lot of room without the hassle. Wink  I plan to get to know the farmers and let them know that I'd be available for any "culling" they might need. Cheesy  It's in Gorham, which is just west of Portland.  The upper level of the garage is going to be my home office, so it would REALLY be great to be working, and just pick up a rifle every now and again to scan the fields.

Love, James

Iain

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 02:36:32 PM »
Oh that I had a spare $9.5m lying around. Oh that I had a spare £9.50 lying around.

Assuming that there is roughly 1.9 $ to the £, you'd have to pay $190,000 for a very basic Victorian terrace house (2 up, 2 down or thereabouts) in a decent-ish area in a medium Midlands town right now.

Someone showed me a link to an online realtor with a decent looking house in Berlin, NH for $89,000 and I was nearly sick.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

garyk/nm

• friend
  • shovelbum
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2005, 03:54:56 PM »
James,
Congrats on the beautiful new home! Glad you are getting out of Mass.

Iain,
Check this out:
http://www.socorronmproperty.com/
Go west young man!  (I am not affiliated with this brokerage, just on my favorites list)