Main Forums > The Roundtable

Puns for the literate

<< < (3/6) > >>

HankB:
A fellow was traveling across the Australian outback, and happened to stop at the small town of Mercy.

He entered the local eating establishment, and asked the waitress what was good . . . she recommended he have a cup of their famous tea. So that's what he ordered.

In due course it arrived, and indeed, it was most excellent tea. In fact, our intrepid traveler thought it was the BEST cup of tea he'd ever had.

Until he reached the bottom, and rather than tea leaves, he found hair. Lots of it. So he called the waitress over and said "Miss, there's hair in my tea."

She looked over, nodded, and said "Yes, sir, indeed there is."

"Miss" he repeated, "there's HAIR in my tea!"

"Well, of course there is. That's from the koala bear we dip into each pot."

"YOU PUT A KOALA BEAR IN MY TEA?!?!?"

"He's very clean sir, and adds a certain flavor to the brew. Is there some problem? Didn't you enjoy the tea?"

"I did until I found the hair."

"Well, sir, it sort of comes with the territory, and there's not much we can do about it."

The traveler mulls this over a bit, and asks "Can't you at least strain the hair out?"

"Sir!!!" says the now-outraged waitress "I must tell you that THE KOALA TEA OF MERCY IS NOT STRAINED!!!"

grampster:
In reading the new puns, my voice has become horse from roaning. =D

ArfinGreebly:

Should be marked "For Mature Audiences Only."

Everyone knows that puns are groan-up jokes.

Tallpine:
Once there was a Pun Contest.

Since I really wanted to win, I sent in 10 of my best original puns - sure that one of them would win the contest.

As it turned out, no pun in ten did  =(

brimic:
Gah :facepalm:
This thread. It hurts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version