Author Topic: Chicago has to pay the NRA. :D  (Read 1911 times)

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
Chicago has to pay the NRA. :D
« on: February 01, 2013, 12:10:05 PM »
If this should be in politics feel free to move it.  This made me smile a lot.

:rofl:

"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Chicago has to pay the NRA. :D
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 12:13:48 PM »
Beauty. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 12:54:51 PM »
That picture would make some nice art work to hang on the wall.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 01:24:37 PM »
Oh man....    Sweet sweet schadenfreude....  While I imagine that the checks weren't actually directly signed by Rahm Emanuel, et al, I can daydream about it, right?   How much he must have hated to sign those checks...
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 04:58:29 PM »
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Lee

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 06:06:58 PM »
That's idiotic. Who would take a check from them?  I'd ask for a settlement in cash.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 07:56:24 PM »
It would be nice if Emanuel would have to pay with his own cash, rather than taxpayer money. Still, the victory is sweet.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 08:02:52 PM »
It would be nice if Emanuel would have to pay with his own cash, rather than taxpayer money. Still, the victory is sweet.

While I agree in theory I don't think Emanual had any previous direct interaction with the gun laws that were beaten in the law suits. The living legislators that enacted and enforced the laws should have to pay out of their pockets.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 10:26:04 PM »
That's idiotic. Who would take a check from them?  I'd ask for a settlement in cash.

Oh, no!

Passing a bad check, forging a bad check, and/or the $30 penalty for writing a bad check.  Pick any three. =D

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 10:38:59 AM »
While I agree in theory I don't think Emanual had any previous direct interaction with the gun laws that were beaten in the law suits. The living legislators that enacted and enforced the laws should have to pay out of their pockets.

that would be sweet!   and the case law would lead to a lot less fiddling with the 2nd ammendment!
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2