Author Topic: Yay, another war!  (Read 1939 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Yay, another war!
« on: February 12, 2013, 11:23:03 AM »
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/02/11/presidential-memorandum-presidential-determination-regarding-drawdown-un

Presidential Memorandum -- Presidential Determination Regarding Drawdown Under Section 506 (a)(1) of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, as Amended, for Chad and France to Support Their Efforts in Mali

MEMORANDUM FOR THE SECRETARY OF STATE

THE SECRETARY OF DEFENSE

SUBJECT: Drawdown Under Section 506(a)(1) of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, as Amended, for Chad and France to Support Their Efforts in Mali

Pursuant to the authority vested in me by section 506(a)(1) of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, as amended, 22 U.S.C. 2318(a)(1)(the "Act"), I hereby determine that an unforeseen emergency exists that requires immediate military assistance to Chad and France in their efforts to secure Mali from terrorists and violent extremists. I further determine that these requirements cannot be met under the authority of the Arms Export Control Act or any other provision of law.

I, therefore, direct the drawdown of up to $50 million in defense services of the Department of Defense for these purposes and under the authorities of section 506(a)(1) of the Act.

The Secretary of State is authorized and directed to report this determination to the Congress, arrange for its publication in the Federal Register, and coordinate the implementation of this drawdown.

BARACK OBAMA

Tur'rists!  Tur'rists!  Let's git 'em. ;/

Mali produces over 50 tons of gold a year.  Mali has a huge national reserve of gold.  It's estimated to be as high as 500 tons.  They're the 3rd largest gold producer in Africa.

Germany wants 374 metric tons back from the Fed Reserve.  The Fed Reserve is stalling.

US Production in millions of ounces:

Malian Production in millions of ounces:

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: Yay, another war!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 11:58:57 AM »
Hell yeah!  [ar15] [ar15] [ar15]
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 11:59:40 AM »
No blood for oil gold!

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 02:27:16 PM »
Empire's got the munchies again.

Speeding up the meat grinder!!
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 04:52:18 PM »
let's see....appropriate $50mil for war....so, the war will actually cost $2.5bil.......hmm, 500TONS of gold is....16mil ounces....or aprox $28bil...... =D.     oh wait, what atrocities have they committed that we must go there and alleviate their financial burden? (bah, i'm sure we'll think of somethin').
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 05:22:46 PM »
Well, to be fair it's not really 'War', it is a Multinational Proactive Assistance Joint Counter Terror Natural Resource Relieving Operation with Humanitarian Fallout.

In other words, it does not require Congressional approval.

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 05:35:02 PM »
$50 mil is just to fly half a dozen Predator sorties over the general area, dropping a Hellfire or two on each op.

You KNOW this will escalate into SpecOps strikes and a manned bombing campaign, then occupation of strategic points of interest.  Quarter trillion before we're all done is my guess.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 05:48:00 PM »
$50 mil is just to fly half a dozen Predator sorties over the general area, dropping a Hellfire or two on each op.

You KNOW this will escalate into SpecOps strikes and a manned bombing campaign, then occupation of strategic points of interest.  Quarter trillion before we're all done is my guess.

That's if the Chinese don't begin supplying the opposing side.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 05:50:47 PM »
 :facepalm:

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 07:44:41 PM »
I just knew going to Africa for AT as opposed to Norway was odd. ( for a traditionally cold weather unit)

Myself

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 01:28:28 PM »
AT has now been redesignated Africa Training.