Author Topic: Is this insulting or am I reading to much into this? Response from state rep.  (Read 2417 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Sent the standard form letter from Ruger's site to my various reps again.  The response from one of them:

I intend to vote NO on all legislation during this legislative session dealing with guns and gun owenership, Bill.

I am not aware of any legislation before the Montana Legislature that would in any way restrict gun-owner rights if enacted.

There are several bills dealing with concealed weapons and guns on college campuses and high school grounds. If any of them progress to point in the process where I can cast a vote on them, I am a NO vote.

I am working on several bills dealing with improved access to mental health services.

Thank you for your assistance as a law-abiding gun-owner in helping enact both of these bills:

http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/2013/billpdf/HB0101.pdf

http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/2013/billpdf/HB0102.pdf
Respectfully,

Dave Wanzenried

Note he left out any "Mr 41magsnub" or "thank you for your input or something".  In the letter he was called the "Honorable David Wanzenried"

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
I wouldn't be insulted to get that. 

standard form letter from Ruger's site to my various reps again. 

I ran through that once.  I don't recall seeing any check box to exclude anybody.  My state rep and state senator are, thankfully, sound on RKBA issues, and I'd like to either exclude them from the nagging, or dun them with a different type of letter.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

zxcvbob

• friend
You sent him a form letter, and he sent one to you.  I don't see a problem.  Focus on the content; you got a letter that actually says something.  Most are polite but don't really say anything, or they give a little salute to the 2nd Amendment and then talk about "sensible" or "reasonable" gun bans and/or registrations.  Consider yourself lucky.
"It's good, though..."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Seemed firm and to the point, like he was displaying his convictions on the matter to a constituent. And maybe to keep it short. Because on average, the longest reply letters, form or not, seem to come from antis or moderates using excessive verbiage to try and explain away their position or couch it more deeply.  =|

I do see how someone could take it as condescending in the manner of "Let me use small words for you..." but I don't think it was the intent.
I promise not to duck.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out.  I'd just be happy that the guy was on my side.

What does hack me off a bit is when my politeness isn't returned to me, especially by people in retail.  Once in a great while I'll even go as far as to say, "Excuse me, I've been saying please and thank you for this entire conversation, and you haven't used either of them once.  I'm beginning to think you don't really care about my business."

This results in wide eyes and an apology.  Some people just get into a mode and forget to be polite.  Oh, and "yup" and "mmm-hmm" are not acceptable substitutes.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

41magsnub

• friend
I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out.  I'd just be happy that the guy was on my side.

What does hack me off a bit is when my politeness isn't returned to me, especially by people in retail.  Once in a great while I'll even go as far as to say, "Excuse me, I've been saying please and thank you for this entire conversation, and you haven't used either of them once.  I'm beginning to think you don't really care about my business."

This results in wide eyes and an apology.  Some people just get into a mode and forget to be polite.  Oh, and "yup" and "mmm-hmm" are not acceptable substitutes.

He is not on our side at all.  He is planning to vote against all of the positive gun bills in this session.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
He is not on our side at all.  He is planning to vote against all of the positive gun bills in this session.

Yeah, I couldn't figure out why anyone here didn't get that  ???  ;/  :facepalm:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
Well, not being intimately familiar with Montana's gun laws, I just made an assumption.  :P
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.

Ah, gotcha. I thought any bills that came up would have been "bad" and he was against them all.
I promise not to duck.

zxcvbob

• friend
You still got a straightforward answer; not like the wishy-washy crap my senators and US rep sent to me.  (My state senator sent me a decent reply, and I never heard anything from my state rep)
"It's good, though..."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
How has he been on 2A issues in that past?   Seems like he's saying he'll vote NO on all gun bills; good, bad, and indifferent.

Although I love this guy in Wyoming.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/24/by-all-means-leave-the-amazingly-blunt-response-one-state-rep-gave-a-citizen-who-wrote-him-opposing-concealed-carry-in-schools/
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

41magsnub

• friend
How has he been on 2A issues in that past?   Seems like he's saying he'll vote NO on all gun bills; good, bad, and indifferent.

Although I love this guy in Wyoming.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/24/by-all-means-leave-the-amazingly-blunt-response-one-state-rep-gave-a-citizen-who-wrote-him-opposing-concealed-carry-in-schools/

Not good.  He is a fudd in the classic definition of the term.