Armed Polite Society
December 11, 2017, 09:18:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: Two explosions close to the finish line of the Boston Marathon.  (Read 69580 times)
Boomhauer
Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
friends

« on: April 15, 2013, 11:29:15 AM »

http://news.yahoo.com/two-explosions-boston-marathon-finish-line-190259876--spt.html

Not a whole lot of information out there, I'm hearing reports of 20-30 casualties, no count on how many of those are dead or wounded yet.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!
Pharmacology
friends

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 11:29:44 AM »

Apparently  two bombs were set off at the finish line of the boston marathon.

There are several people are very badly hurt.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/04/bomb-reported-at-boston-marathon-finish-line.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nymag%2Fintelligencer+%28Daily+Intelligencer+-+New+York+Magazine%29
vaskidmark
National Anthem Snob
friends

WTF?

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 11:30:12 AM »

http://aol.sportingnews.com/sport/story/2013-04-15/boston-marathon-explosion-finish-line-photos-lockdown?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D298640

Two explosions, seconds apart, at the Boston Matrathon finish line.  Several injured, including at least one cop.  Details sketchy.

[tinfoil]It's gotta be the work of those old white guys bitterly clinging to their guns and Bibles Tinfoil Hat Smiley

stay safe.

Mods - go ahead and move it to politics if you must, but I'd like to see how long it can stay focused as a news story.

If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.
Fitz
Face-melter
friend

Floyd Rose is my homeboy

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 11:32:21 AM »

I have a friend whose wife is there running. He's ok, but he can't find his wife. Cell phones are useless right now.

Praying...

Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog
Gewehr98
Administrator

Yee-haa!

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 11:37:02 AM »

Merged three simultaneous threads.

Folks, glad you're attentive to world news, but take a look to see if somebody else is already posting the same topic before you commit...   Wink

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"
Boomhauer
friends

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 11:39:11 AM »

Ah beat you all for once.

I have a friend whose wife is there running. He's ok, but he can't find his wife. Cell phones are useless right now.

Praying...

Completely not a surprise that the cell networks are down. Hope he finds her soon and uninjured.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!
bluestarlizzard
Queen of the Cislords
friend

Oh please, nobody died last time...

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 11:45:51 AM »

I just turned on the TV. Damn.
sad

Fitz, I hope your friends wife is okay.

"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds
Viking
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
friend

Carnist Bloodmouth

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 11:50:29 AM »

How horrible. sad

"He does have all street-theatre players and mime artists thrown into the scorpion pit."
"True. But let's not forget that he has his bad points too."

Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably Priced Love, and a Hard-Boiled Egg!

And ignore the grave shaped thingie in the middle.
Fitz
Face-melter
friend

Floyd Rose is my homeboy

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 11:54:22 AM »

The competitor tracker showed her at midway through the course, so if the tracker is accurate she should be okay

I'll let you know

Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog
lupinus
Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
friends

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 12:07:54 PM »

Hoping she's OK.

Hearing now they've found a third bomb and are debating if it's safest to move, deactivate, or do a controlled explosion in place.

That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.
lupinus
friends

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 12:09:00 PM »

Also just saw on the news flash 2 dead 22 injured.

That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.
bluestarlizzard
Queen of the Cislords
friend

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 12:10:45 PM »

Hoping she's OK.

Hearing now they've found a third bomb and are debating if it's safest to move, deactivate, or do a controlled explosion in place.

The news reported a third explosion and it was reported as a controlled explosion in a cleared area.

"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds
makattak
Dark Lord of the Cis
friend

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 12:12:43 PM »

Hoping she's OK.

Current reports are devices that are unexploded. If so, there was significant planning for this attack. (Not that two devices with one timed to drive more people towards the second explosion does not involve planning.)

"Political correctness is communist propaganda writ small... the purpose of communist propaganda was not to persuade or convince, nor to inform, but to humiliate; the less it corresponded to reality the better...To assent to obvious lies is to co-operate with evil, and in some small way to become evil oneself. One's standing to resist anything is thus eroded, and even destroyed. A society of emasculated liars is easy to control."
Boomhauer
friends

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 12:14:32 PM »

And note that it is April 15

Fitz
Face-melter
friend

Floyd Rose is my homeboy

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 12:15:12 PM »

Tiff is safe

Multiple devices, coordinated effort... Whether the source is domestic or foreign, this is very bad.

Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog
lupinus
friends

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 12:17:39 PM »

No, but a third means that much more. And quite possibly more than one nut job.

Which on that note, is it wrong that I'm already hoping it's not some domestic whack job? Because something about tax day in Boston seems to be just a little to convenient FU and your excessive taxes gesture  undecided

makattak
Dark Lord of the Cis
friend

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 12:17:45 PM »

Tiff is safe

Multiple devices, coordinated effort... Whether the source is domestic or foreign, this is very bad.

Indeed. I will note that this is a common Al Queda tactic. (I.e. multiple devices, driving the crowd toward the bigger bomb.)

Not that other groups can't learn from those tactics, but it may suggest an Al Queda attack.

"Political correctness is communist propaganda writ small... the purpose of communist propaganda was not to persuade or convince, nor to inform, but to humiliate; the less it corresponded to reality the better...To assent to obvious lies is to co-operate with evil, and in some small way to become evil oneself. One's standing to resist anything is thus eroded, and even destroyed. A society of emasculated liars is easy to control."
AZRedhawk44
I don't always carry two pistols;
friends

But when I do, I prefer dos XDs.

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 12:17:47 PM »

And note that it is April 15

Suggesting some sort of bitterclinger anarchopatriot is going to bomb marathon runners as a tax protest?

Doesn't further an agenda.  Other than deliberate New England style nannystatism.

An IRS building, Congress, FBI HQ, something like that makes sense for that sort of allegation.  Not a sporting event of international repute.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!
lupinus
friends

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2013, 12:20:03 PM »

Tiff is safe
Excellent news!

lupinus
friends

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2013, 12:20:45 PM »

Suggesting some sort of bitterclinger anarchopatriot is going to bomb marathon runners as a tax protest?

Doesn't further an agenda.  Other than deliberate New England style nannystatism.

An IRS building, Congress, FBI HQ, something like that makes sense for that sort of allegation.  Not a sporting event of international repute.
No. But people who set off pop shots aren't often the most rational folk.

SADShooter
friend

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2013, 12:22:11 PM »

Could be a spurned Kenyan lover/ex foe all we know right now. My question is how closely details of the investigation will be held a la Benghazi, Newtown, et al. to control the narrative going forward.

"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch
bluestarlizzard
Queen of the Cislords
friend

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2013, 12:22:54 PM »

I find it intresting. I've flipped through three diffrent channels (abc, cbs and nbc) and the reporters are being very careful about making absolute statements.

Which is a complete 360 from the last big news story that they broadcasted live.

lupinus
friends

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2013, 12:25:28 PM »

Fox news now reporting TWO unexploded devices, not one.

vaskidmark
National Anthem Snob
friends

WTF?

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2013, 12:28:47 PM »

I find it intresting. I've flipped through three diffrent channels (abc, cbs and nbc) and the reporters are being very careful about making absolute statements.

Which is a complete 360 from the last big news story that they broadcasted live.

That would be a 180 - but we know what you mean.

Or did the solar flare last night screw up geometry as well as the Northern Lights?

stay safe.

If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.
Balog
Unrepentant race traitor
friends

What if we tried more?

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2013, 12:29:02 PM »

Best live feed coverage I can find http://live.boston.com/Event/Live_blog_Explosion_in_Copley_Square

Seemingly reliable reports of two more unexploded IED's, and ball bearings on the street near the explosions. The two we know of were near the medical aid tent. Suggestive of coordinated anti-personnel attack. I'm hoping the evacuation routes aren't mined.

Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23
  Print  

Jump to: