Armed Polite Society
September 21, 2020, 11:08:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: R.I.P. Scout26

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jacob Sullum Responds To CATO's Mr. Levy  (Read 2370 times)
csmkersh

« on: May 01, 2013, 07:44:59 PM »

There's a thread running here that was published by CATO's Chairman  Robert Levy.  If you recall Levy touted background checks on all gun sales, not just those through a FFL.  Mr. Sullum's articel titled "A Libertarian Case for Expanding Gun Background Checks? I Am Still Waiting to Hear One" rebutts Levy and can be found here:

http://reason.com/blog/2013/04/30/a-libertarian-case-for-expanding-gun-bac
Report to moderator   Logged
MechAg94
friend

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 06:25:23 AM »

http://kontradictions.wordpress.com/2013/04/20/dear-democratic-gun-control-lobby-how-to-get-better/

Here is another written by a self professed liberal.  The guy was on Gun Talk Radio last weekend. 

I need to make time to read both of them.  (That is what conference calls at work are for!  grin )

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge
cordex
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 06:41:24 AM »

I don't think that represents Reason's official position.
MechAg94
friend

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 07:00:29 AM »

He makes a good point about Levy's compromise.  I recall hearing on one radio show that it only expanded background checks a little bit, but had all sorts of pro-gun extras added.  I think the statement was made that expanded background checks were inevitable. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge
Balog
Unrepentant race traitor
friends

What if we tried more?

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 07:16:17 AM »

I don't think that represents Reason's official position.

I lol'ed. Well played sir.  cheesy

Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.
Tallpine
friends

Grumpy Old Grandpa

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 07:35:06 AM »

http://kontradictions.wordpress.com/2013/04/20/dear-democratic-gun-control-lobby-how-to-get-better/

Here is another written by a self professed liberal.  The guy was on Gun Talk Radio last weekend. 

I need to make time to read both of them.  (That is what conference calls at work are for!  grin )

Dear self professed liberal, if you want people to read what you write, don't use eye-killing white text on black  Face Palm!

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin
MechAg94
friend

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 09:32:34 AM »

Dear self professed liberal, if you want people to read what you write, don't use eye-killing white text on black  Face Palm!
It didn't bother me.  Maybe my iPad view is different.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: