Author Topic: Two explosions close to the finish line of the Boston Marathon.  (Read 166966 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Two explosions close to the finish line of the Boston Marathon.
« Reply #200 on: April 18, 2013, 02:42:44 PM »
All the alex jones tin foil hattery....and yet in the last "team gathering" picture, they are still wearing those backpacks.  Um..Uh... :facepalm:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #201 on: April 18, 2013, 02:46:37 PM »
If you're going to do a false flag op, wearing gear with your company logo on it seems like a pretty glaring mistake.

And AZ, if you think that you'd have noticed and been able to prevent it for certain you're kidding yourself. Even the best special ops folks are still just humans with all the limitations that implies.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #202 on: April 18, 2013, 02:49:38 PM »
If you're going to do a false flag op, wearing gear with your company logo on it seems like a pretty glaring mistake.

And AZ, if you think that you'd have noticed and been able to prevent it for certain you're kidding yourself. Even the best special ops folks are still just humans with all the limitations that implies.

But that's what makes it so brilliant!  Do it in plain sight!!!!!  :facepalm:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #203 on: April 18, 2013, 02:51:18 PM »
Hell, to the infowars crowd doing it in uniform and claiming responsibility is probably the best proof that the group represented didn't actually do it.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #204 on: April 18, 2013, 03:05:56 PM »
set-up?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #205 on: April 18, 2013, 03:22:43 PM »
set-up?

More like internet commandos with no clue of reality wildly speculating based on a few photos and a large tub of cheese puffs.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #206 on: April 18, 2013, 03:23:44 PM »
More like internet commandos with no clue of reality wildly speculating based on a few photos and a large tub of cheese puffs.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 03:30:24 PM by Fitz »
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #207 on: April 18, 2013, 03:28:57 PM »
Tub or backpack full of Cheesy Poofs?  =D
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #208 on: April 18, 2013, 03:37:14 PM »
Tub or backpack full of Cheesy Poofs?  =D
Pressure cooker inside a backpack full of cheesy poofs  :rofl:
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #209 on: April 18, 2013, 03:41:16 PM »
My HMMWV got blown up while I was on route clearance duty. Does that mean I'm incompetent because we missed one IED out of many many more that we found?

Well....we have to send the bill to someone....

=D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #210 on: April 18, 2013, 03:58:48 PM »
My HMMWV got blown up while I was on route clearance duty. Does that mean I'm incompetent because we missed one IED out of many many more that we found?

Well, you actually did find it  ;)

Also ... I heard that there were people running in the street in Boston before the first blast  =|  [tinfoil]  :angel:

sorry, couldn't help myself
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #211 on: April 18, 2013, 06:00:37 PM »
Feds have released pictures and video of two suspects, although their website has been crashing off and on from the load. http://www.fbi.gov/news/updates-on-investigation-into-multiple-explosions-in-boston/updates-on-investigation-into-multiple-explosions-in-boston

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #212 on: April 18, 2013, 06:03:17 PM »
Crap
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #213 on: April 18, 2013, 06:04:42 PM »
Feds have released pictures and video of two suspects, although their website has been crashing off and on from the load. http://www.fbi.gov/news/updates-on-investigation-into-multiple-explosions-in-boston/updates-on-investigation-into-multiple-explosions-in-boston

OWS punk?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #215 on: April 18, 2013, 06:07:29 PM »

Also here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M80DXI932OE

Not sure what the suspicion is  ???  Looks like they both had their backpacks with them in all the clips.  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #216 on: April 18, 2013, 06:13:15 PM »
Or AQ who got their idea of American dress from movies about frat boys. Or a sleeper cell of local jihadis like Roubini mentioned. http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/04/roubini-sleeper-cell-behind-boston-attack-161845.html

But honestly, this is confusing. If it was a defitional "terrorist" attack ie attempting to affect political change via infliction of terror then you'd see someone claiming responsibility. If it was a random crazy dude ala the Unabomber there wouldn't be two of them. It's not an obvious and symbolic target like a building or gathering to support an ideology. I don't get the targeting, I don't get the methodology, I don't get the suspects. On 9/11, it was pretty clear why they did what they did even if their "logic" was absurd and evil. But this? Just feels like an openning act...

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #217 on: April 18, 2013, 06:15:12 PM »
Or AQ who got their idea of American dress from movies about frat boys. Or a sleeper cell of local jihadis like Roubini mentioned. http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/04/roubini-sleeper-cell-behind-boston-attack-161845.html

But honestly, this is confusing. If it was a defitional "terrorist" attack ie attempting to affect political change via infliction of terror then you'd see someone claiming responsibility. If it was a random crazy dude ala the Unabomber there wouldn't be two of them. It's not an obvious and symbolic target like a building or gathering to support an ideology. I don't get the targeting, I don't get the methodology, I don't get the suspects. On 9/11, it was pretty clear why they did what they did even if their "logic" was absurd and evil. But this? Just feels like an openning act...

Dc snipers

Two dudes who just wanted to kill folks
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #218 on: April 18, 2013, 06:18:34 PM »
Dc snipers

Weren't they two Islamists?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #219 on: April 18, 2013, 06:19:39 PM »
Let's think through the groups that might have done this.

AQ or similar: Boston marathon not a symbolic target, no claimed responsibility.

OWS types: marathon not a right wing or capitalist institution, no claimed responsibility.

Domestic right winger ala Chris Matthews wet dreams: Boston marathon not symbolic of anything they'd be pissed about, no claimed responsibility.

Random crazy person: not usually a group, no manifesto.

I mean, what does that even leave? Radical environmentalists?

It just keeps bugging me. If this was an ideological statement, there would have been responsibility claimed.

Dc snipers

True... But they weren't even competent to change cars. Something like this suggests a higher order of competence. I dunno...

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #220 on: April 18, 2013, 06:21:33 PM »
But this? Just feels like an openning act...

Imagine if someone wanted to truly demonstrate the futility of government (especially reactive government) and was willing to throw their life away to do so.  Show the ultimate folly of Patriot Acts to their final goal.

Bombings with no explanation or claims of responsibility or demands.  Chemical plant explosions.  Poison sent in the mail to lawmakers.  Maybe some attacks on transportation infrastructure, next?

No goal other than to compel people to choke themselves on an excess of ineffective rules.

ETA:  No, I'm not your guy.  I was physically in my office in Scottsdale that day, and as frustrated as I am with the system, I'm not at that point. =D
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 06:25:52 PM by AZRedhawk44 »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #221 on: April 18, 2013, 06:26:06 PM »
Ricin boy has been ID'ed, he's a Democrat Elvis impersonnator from MS. Hardly the anarcho-topian sort you're fapping about over there.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #222 on: April 18, 2013, 06:28:40 PM »
I don't understand why anyone would target the Boston Marathon, either. It doesn't even get much news coverage or have that high of a profile. I'm thinking it must have been someone looking for a large group of people, but something easier to get into than your usual sporting event or concert. Someone local.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #223 on: April 18, 2013, 06:35:24 PM »
Radicalized college students like we saw in the 60's, perhaps?