Author Topic: The "Plumbers" are alive and well and working at DOJ.  (Read 1775 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
The "Plumbers" are alive and well and working at DOJ.
« on: May 13, 2013, 06:34:24 PM »
I have some snarky comments about registering journalists like guns, no one needs more than seven phone lines, and background checks need to done on reporters before they can publish a story.   Nah....

http://news.yahoo.com/govt-obtains-wide-ap-phone-records-probe-202010831.html

TL/DR:  DOJ obtains two months of AP's phone records. The DOJ denies it listened to any calls, only got the numbers of incoming and outgoing calls.

If this doesn't turn the MSM into rabid attack dogs going after the administration, I'm not sure what will. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Waitone

• friend
Re: The "Plumbers" are alive and well and working at DOJ.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 06:42:22 PM »
I sense MSM has achieved blood lust.  It is one thing to monitor patriots and TEA party types.  Whole different matter to snoop on our esteemed main stream media.  Tyranny is not enough to poke our media into action.  It is tyranny targeted on our precious media that will create the howls of protest.  Howls I find surprisingly hollow.  Fed.gov just exposed itself for what it is; MSM did the same. 

My comments to the MSM are succinct:  Karma's a bitch, ain't it?  You people are contemptible.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 08:15:28 PM »
The only thing more important to the MSM than its ideological bias is survival. The last week has so damaged the media's credibility, exposing how they've been manipulated by the administration while rolling over for it, that they may actually respond critically. We'll see.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 12:52:16 PM »
Calm down you media folks, no one is trying to take away your free speech! Your first amendment right to recite poetry and sing non-religion specific hymns shall not be infringed! You're just being paranoid!
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln