Author Topic: IRS hands out money to Illegal aliens.  (Read 4792 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
IRS hands out money to Illegal aliens.
« on: June 22, 2013, 11:50:43 AM »
You know they could have just given these addresses to the INS/ICE and they could have deported over 100,000 illegals.  ;)

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/21/irs-sent-46-million-in-tax-refunds-to-23994-unauthorized-aliens-all-at-the-same-address-in-atlanta/
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: IRS hands out money to Illegal aliens.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 01:23:03 PM »
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 02:35:09 PM »
Yeah, but it wasn't their money.  Chances are it was all/mostly EITC refunds.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 02:59:37 PM »
I actually posted a dupe that I deleted, because I read this and was so mad that I didn't look to see if anyone else had posted. To me, this is possibly more egregious than the "conservative targeting". With all the data mining and analysis capabilities in the IRS, how do they not have flags for something like this? They can audit someone for having one too many "business lunches", but they can't flag more than "X" refunds to a single address in a single reporting year?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 04:42:44 PM »
I actually posted a dupe that I deleted, because I read this and was so mad that I didn't look to see if anyone else had posted. To me, this is possibly more egregious than the "conservative targeting". With all the data mining and analysis capabilities in the IRS, how do they not have flags for something like this? They can audit someone for having one too many "business lunches", but they can't flag more than "X" refunds to a single address in a single reporting year?

You're just being racist  :P   =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 05:59:06 PM »
Just democrats buying votes, and using tax money to do it.  Nothing to see here...
"It's good, though..."

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 11:59:45 PM »
For lack of a better place to put this.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 09:33:09 PM »
Hell, just a flag for a certain number of tax filings at one address.  The auditors must all be looking for conservatives or something.

I just can't imagine that this was unnoticed.  This had to be some sort of inside scam, if not a semi-official govt money laundering effort to someone.  I also assume there were many more of these, this was just the biggest.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 08:53:59 AM »
Actually, with the Earned Income Tax Credit, tax refunds have been used as a form of wealth redistribution for a while now.  It doesn't work that way for everyone, but it does for some.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 09:19:57 AM »
Actually, with the Earned Income Tax Credit, tax refunds have been used as a form of wealth redistribution for a while now.  It doesn't work that way for everyone, but it does for some.

We had an employee in Virginia. Single mother three kids. All three by different father's.  She got more money back then she contributed in taxes each year.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 02:10:52 PM »
EITC is one of the biggest tax scams there is.   All you need a little earned income (and you can lie about that: Hair Stylist, Day Care, etc.) and a 1-3 kids and you get all what you "paid" in taxes back, plus up to $5,900 in refundable credits.   I was amazed that many people knew exactly how much they had to "make" to get the max amount. 

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 04:02:11 PM »
EITC is one of the biggest tax scams there is.   All you need a little earned income (and you can lie about that: Hair Stylist, Day Care, etc.) and a 1-3 kids and you get all what you "paid" in taxes back, plus up to $5,900 in refundable credits.   I was amazed that many people knew exactly how much they had to "make" to get the max amount. 

It doesn't matter whether you file for it or not - you will get EIC automatically if you qualify and have kid(s).

The year that our baby died, the IRS said we made a mistake and sent us extra money.  (claiming her as a dependent was legal and reasonable considering the medical bills)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2013, 11:07:35 PM »
A good electorate is a paid-for electorate.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2013, 11:33:31 PM »
[emily_litella]But, at least illegal aliens that break our laws will not be allowed to stay.  Or if they do, will pay for their crimes.[/emily_litella]

[news_anchor]Actually, they can have several misdemeanors or an assortment of felonies pending against them and they will be wiped clean[/news_anchor}

[emily_litella]Never mind.[/emily_litella]

Best put any breakable objects out of reach, as the following link and image shows how the amnesty bill will codify in law that illegal aliens who commit a slew of offenses, to include felonies punishable by years in jail and beau coup fines, get a break not offered to mere citizens.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/illegal-immigrants-who-commit-crimes-face-lesser-punishment-than-u.s.-citizens/article/2532306

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2013, 11:43:13 PM »
[emily_litella]But, at least illegal aliens that break our laws will not be allowed to stay.  Or if they do, will pay for their crimes.[/emily_litella]

[news_anchor]Actually, they can have several misdemeanors or an assortment of felonies pending against them and they will be wiped clean[/news_anchor]

[emily_litella]Oh. Well that's different![/emily_litella]

[news_anchor]Yes...[/news_anchor]

[emily_litella]Never mind.[/emily_litella]

You left out 2 crucial lines. ;)
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2013, 10:27:47 AM »
I have Fox Business on the boob tube running in the background. I just now heard that not only did these refunds go to the same address, but were also all transferred to the same bank account. If that is true, then it is almost unbelievable that the IRS has no automated alarm for that.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 10:36:10 AM »
. . .  Best put any breakable objects out of reach, as the following link and image shows how the amnesty bill will codify in law that illegal aliens who commit a slew of offenses, to include felonies punishable by years in jail and beau coup fines, get a break not offered to mere citizens. . . . 
Criminals have been a "favored" class at least since SCOTUS determined that convicted felons were exempt from prosecution when it comes to gun registration violations.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 11:04:40 AM »
I have Fox Business on the boob tube running in the background. I just now heard that not only did these refunds go to the same address, but were also all transferred to the same bank account. If that is true, then it is almost unbelievable that the IRS has no automated alarm for that.

Lots of laws that illegal aliens are more likely to get a pass.  How's about the perpetual fraud not going after employers whose employees' TIN and SSN do not match?  All that fraud, all that ID theft that Joe Middle Class would take it up the poop chute if he tried.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2013, 12:54:38 PM »
... convicted felons were exempt from prosecution when it comes to gun registration violations.
That is a fifth amendment issue. You can't require anyone to register something they can not legally own.

Note that federal gun laws say "possession of an unregistered noun." That was a work around that was added after the courts ruled that the previous scheme violated the fifth amendment.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2013, 06:45:54 PM »
Why would we expect the Obama IRS to do anything other than this?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife