Author Topic: Pardon my French, but  (Read 4127 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Pardon my French, but
« on: June 26, 2013, 04:50:42 AM »
What the Fity F are those Fers thinking if they are Fing thinking with anything but their 4th point of contact?

http://www.wowktv.com/story/22674521/prosecution-attempts-to-silence-jared-marcum-with-gag-order-reporter-covering-story-threatened-with-arrest

First they try to get a gag order to keep the kid, his dad, and his attorney from saying anything anout the case in public, because that "would be in his best interest".  WHAT???????????????!!!!!???

And then -

Meanwhile, Jared met with prosecutors who withdrew their petition for a gag order, on the condition that Jared's parent waive the confidentiality that bars the prosecution from speaking freely about his case, due to him being a minor.

So now it seems to be coming out - the prosecution is getting its backside kicked in the court of public opinion before the trial even starts, and if they can't shut up the kid they want to be able to try the case in the court of public opinion too.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/vaskidmark/headshake_zps57056871.gif

This is so good all by itself I won't even mention the TV reporter who
had prepared a petition to intervene for the gag order hearing but before Charlo could present her argument or even deliver her petition to the court clerk, she was thrown out of the Logan County Courthouse, twice, by a bailiff, who said the judge presiding over Jared's case, Eric O'Briant requested it.

Why does the phrase "Rope.  Tree.  Some assembly required." keep popping up in my head?

stay safe.

If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Pardon my French, but
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 04:59:50 AM »
Grandad used to tell us that if you find yourself in a hole ya need to quit diggin'.

Sounds like those clowns are gonna double down on their full retard play.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 06:20:04 AM »
I haven't found any reference anywhere to a legal defense fund for this kid. GOA and another group I've never heard of -- GOF (Gun Owners Foundation) -- claim to be accepting contributions for Jared's defense, but nowhere do they say that the contributions will go into a separate fund earmarked for Jared Marcum, so I don't trust them. Last night, after reading this report, I was so incensed that I Googled up what I hope is the name and address of his lawyer's firm and I wrote them a check, to be applied directly to Jared's account.

The prosecutor wants to be free to talk, yet when asked by the press to talk declined to do so. That says to me that the prosecutor is not interested in objectivity or justice, he wants to be allowed to release lies and innuendo while not answering any questions about that the public wants (and needs) to know.

Tar and feathers are too gentle.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Pardon my French, but
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 08:34:36 AM »
Tar and broken glass might work though

Sent via tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Pardon my French, but
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 09:13:42 AM »
Tar and broken glass might work though

Sent via tapatalk

That would be in their best interests.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 09:33:00 AM »
Is this the NRA t-shirt case in west virginia  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 09:46:21 AM »
Is this the NRA t-shirt case in west virginia  ???

Yes.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 09:54:52 AM »
Initial statements from authorities were that the obstruction charge came because the student would not talk to police - his silence was considered "obstruction."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/17/west-virginia-teen-arrested-for-nra-shirt-officially-charged/
Arresting officer James Adkins claimed that Marcum’s refusal to talk obstructed his ability to do his job.

The linked article now says that the "obstruction" charge came about because the kid wouldn't STOP talking.
. . .  an obstruction charge that police say hinges on the fact that he refused to stop talking when they arrived at Logan Middle School to arrest him . . .

Sounds like they're making things up as they go along.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

erictank

• friends
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 01:15:16 PM »
Initial statements from authorities were that the obstruction charge came because the student would not talk to police - his silence was considered "obstruction."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/17/west-virginia-teen-arrested-for-nra-shirt-officially-charged/

The linked article now says that the "obstruction" charge came about because the kid wouldn't STOP talking.
Sounds like they're making things up as they go along.

Actual charge = contempt of cop.

"RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAH, KID!!!!"

Reports I've seen state outright that the kid's shirt DID NOT violate school code, he was sitting calmly at the lunch table talking with his buds when the *expletive deleted* teacher came up to him and started pitching a hissy fit, ramping up when the kid actually knew that the teacher was in the wrong. Sent to the principal's office, he didn't change his mind or back down (good for him!), but didn't get aggressive or shouty either, and the cop blew a gasket when the kid pointed out that this was something outside of his legitimate authority. Don't know what the prosecutor's excuse for his idiocy is, outside of insanity.

And regardless of whether information comes out which might change any aspect of that relating of the event - if a cop can't handle a non-violent 14 year old who isn't shouting or being disruptive but just won't shut up when ordered by authoritah, he needs to go the hell home and leave law enforcement to actual professionals. Regardless of anything else that may or may not have happened, Adkins' reported behavior was simply disgraceful.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 02:49:39 PM »
Sounds like they are circling the wagons and ramping up the stupid/doubling down on the 'tard.  Not sure if the prosecutor is a an elected or appointed position, but if the former, he needs to be shown the door the next cycle.  If appointed, the good people of WV need to flood the Governor's office with "Fire him NOW!!" letters and e-mails.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 03:07:17 PM »
Sounds like they are circling the wagons and ramping up the stupid/doubling down on the 'tard.  Not sure if the prosecutor is a an elected or appointed position, but if the former, he needs to be shown the door the next cycle.  If appointed, the good people of WV need to flood the Governor's office with "Fire him NOW!!" letters and e-mails.

I think they split the stupid and then doubled down on the 'tard and it appears that Prosecutor is elected.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 03:11:09 PM by adively »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 03:48:36 PM »
Actual charge = contempt of cop.

"RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAH, KID!!!!"

Reports I've seen state outright that the kid's shirt DID NOT violate school code, he was sitting calmly at the lunch table talking with his buds when the *expletive deleted* teacher came up to him and started pitching a hissy fit, ramping up when the kid actually knew that the teacher was in the wrong. Sent to the principal's office, he didn't change his mind or back down (good for him!), but didn't get aggressive or shouty either, and the cop blew a gasket when the kid pointed out that this was something outside of his legitimate authority. Don't know what the prosecutor's excuse for his idiocy is, outside of insanity.

And regardless of whether information comes out which might change any aspect of that relating of the event - if a cop can't handle a non-violent 14 year old who isn't shouting or being disruptive but just won't shut up when ordered by authoritah, he needs to go the hell home and leave law enforcement to actual professionals. Regardless of anything else that may or may not have happened, Adkins' reported behavior was simply disgraceful.

where did you read your reports?
this source, using the kid himself indicates otherwise
http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/23/eighth-grader-arrested-over-nra-shirt-returns-to-school-in-same-shirt/

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Education/2013/0421/Argument-over-NRA-T-shirt-gets-eighth-grader-jailed.-Dress-code-run-amok
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 03:59:47 PM »

where did you read your reports?
this source, using the kid himself indicates otherwise
http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/23/eighth-grader-arrested-over-nra-shirt-returns-to-school-in-same-shirt/

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Education/2013/0421/Argument-over-NRA-T-shirt-gets-eighth-grader-jailed.-Dress-code-run-amok

Umm... C&SD? I don't see anything in those reports that contradicts his argument. I don't see anything about the police officer one way or another, but the first link, at least, claims the teacher began yelling at the student which matches with Eric's interpretation.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 04:25:59 PM »
missed the picture of the shirt?
sadly in todays world images of guns are a bozo nono
more so refusing to turn shirt inside out
kid stepped in it  admire his spirit   hope it doesn't cost him
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 05:54:50 PM »
The big question is why the hell this is even a legal issue and not a strictly administrative issue with the school. If the shirt violates the dress code and the kid wouldn't take it off/turn it inside out then kick hm out of school and have his parents come get him. End of issue. Why the sam hell did the cops get called in the first place?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 06:07:09 PM »
Why the sam hell did the cops get called in the first place?

Because there was a scary gun on his shirt!  :O

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 06:29:14 PM »
missed the picture of the shirt?
sadly in todays world images of guns are a bozo nono
more so refusing to turn shirt inside out
kid stepped in it  admire his spirit   hope it doesn't cost him

That's the second time and second thread you've said that without any actual evidence that it's so.  Have you found the dress code yet?  It may or may not actually say "images of guns are forbidden". 

I asked my neighbors with a high school aged kid to see their hand book and it said "clothing can not be indecent, obscene or disruptive"  It then went on about gang colors.  I'd bet they're operating on some BS "nothing disruptive" clause.  If so it was the adult being disruptive, not the kid.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2013, 06:31:59 PM »
. Why the sam hell did the cops get called in the first place?
Because they are *expletive deleted*ing morons
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2013, 07:36:38 PM »
In WV, prosecutors are elected. Usually, all that's required is be a D-rat, no other D-rat running against you. Many real conservatives ( including yours truly) are registered D-rats simply because there's no Rummy's to vote for in the primaries. Hell, I knowingly voted for a convict in the primary, though the WH said we didn't know.

As I said in another thread, suspect dad pissed somebody off.
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2013, 10:46:35 AM »
Apparently there is someone in the DA's office with more then two brain cells to rub together.   I guess they read the tea leaves and checked the weather gauge and saw that they were about to be royally screwed by public opinion and the voters (if not in court).

http://www.wowktv.com/story/22709537/criminal-charge-against-8th-grade-student-arrested-after-nra-t-shirt-confrontation-dropped

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2013, 11:36:13 AM »
Apparently there is someone in the DA's office with more then two brain cells to rub together.   I guess they read the tea leaves and checked the weather gauge and saw that they were about to be royally screwed by public opinion and the voters (if not in court).

http://www.wowktv.com/story/22709537/criminal-charge-against-8th-grade-student-arrested-after-nra-t-shirt-confrontation-dropped
Note that in the linked article it states that the Logan County School District publicly stated that Jared's shirt did NOT violate the district's dress code.

From the article, this nonsense is all the doing of Logan Middle School band teacher David Burroway (Remember that name - David Burroway) who decided to make an issue out of an IN COMPLIANCE T-shirt.

A lawsuit against the school appears to be pending - GOOD. They need to pay for the trauma they put the kid & his family through.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2013, 11:42:34 AM »
Note that in the linked article it states that the Logan County School District publicly stated that Jared's shirt did NOT violate the district's dress code.

From the article, this nonsense is all the doing of Logan Middle School band teacher David Burroway (Remember that name - David Burroway) who decided to make an issue out of an IN COMPLIANCE T-shirt.

A lawsuit against the school appears to be pending - GOOD. They need to pay for the trauma they put the kid & his family through.

Wish there would be a lawsuit against the police officer as well, but they are immune to punishment for their actions.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2013, 04:02:48 PM »
Wish there would be a lawsuit against the police officer as well, but they are immune to punishment for their actions.

Mmmmm, not necessarily.   A section 1983 might be in order.  (Violating civil rights under color of law.)

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2013, 09:38:23 PM »

Thanks for the post, Hank. C&SD, that article backs up nearly everything I've read on the case to date. One of the INITIAL ARTICLES on the case, like the day after the kid was arrested{ETA - it occurred to me a little while after writing this that it was actually after the initial-arrest article was released; the actual event had occurred perhaps a month previously?}, stated that the school said his shirt was not in violation of the published dress code and that multiple students backed up Marcum's account that the teacher, not him, was the one causing a disturbance. This whole thing is on that teacher, the principal, and the police officer. In a perfect world, they'd be paying Marcum's way through college out of their own personal resources. As it is, I expect the county's taxpayers will be seeing a slightly higher bill next spring.

Mmmmm, not necessarily.   A section 1983 might be in order.  (Violating civil rights under color of law.)

From your lips to God's ears, as it were...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 01:44:39 AM by erictank »