Author Topic: George Zimmerman Trial  (Read 219241 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: George Zimmerman Trial
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2013, 11:21:10 AM »
Even if, let's say for the sake of argument, he chased Martin.  Unless he physically put his hands on Martin first and tried to detain him or assault him, Martin never had a right to put hands on Zimmerman. 
Period.
And that right there is where De Selby's argument falls flat.

This.

I can follow a suspicious person any damned place I want in my neighborhood.  If that person has a legal right to set feet on the ground, then so do I. 

The fault starts with whomever initiates the fisticuffs.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2013, 11:24:21 AM »
Listen. A white guy killed a black guy. It's a hate crime. String zimmerman up and be done with it.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2013, 11:28:46 AM »
You don't think the prosecution of Zimmerman is politically motivated?

Of course I do. I meant the original, local, appropriate DA, not the political hacks now persecuting him. (Not a typo.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2013, 11:29:11 AM »
Listen. A Hispanic white guy killed a black guy. It's a hate crime. String zimmerman up and be done with it.

FIFY.

Why don't I see "Hispanic white" on the selection of checkboxes for race on the census forms? Could it be that the media just made up the term so they could have a "white guy kills black kid" story?

Nah. They wouldn't do that.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2013, 11:30:50 AM »
FIFY.

Why don't I see "Hispanic white" on the selection of checkboxes for race on the census forms? Could it be that the media just made up the term so they could have a "white guy kills black kid" story?

Nah. They wouldn't do that.

Negative.

You see, "hispanic" is white if the victim is black.

The only time hispanic isn't white is when a hispanic is killed by someone white.

Don't you know anything?
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2013, 11:31:37 AM »
basically, hispanic is white unless it isn't, in which case it isn't.

Clear now?
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2013, 11:32:58 AM »
Negative.

You see, "hispanic" is white if the victim is black.

The only time hispanic isn't white is when a hispanic is killed by someone white.

Don't you know anything?

Right. Come on, Dick. Get with the programming.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2013, 12:04:39 PM »
Uh, the shootee was running away from Zimmerman by his own account - so in what universe was Zimmerman not forcing a confrontation by pursuing him???  If someone is trying to get away from you, and you insist on getting closer, that's forcing a confrontation...and if you try to pretend otherwise, the jury is only likely to be harder on you.

Like I've said before in these threads, if you doubt me, find yourself a local attorney and give the zimmerman facts to him - see if he'd be willing to say you're within your rights to go after someone who ran away from you, and still be in a position to use lethal force.

Zimmerman was told not to follow Martin by the 911 operator and was returning to his car when Trayvon Martin confronted him.  At some point the dynamic you mention reversed itself.  And Martin had no more right to chase down Zimmerman than Zimmerman had to go after Martin.
I have heard claims that Martin was scared and was defending himself when he confronted Zimmerman.  Right.  Except he had a cellphone and should have, by this reasoning, called the police rather than acted as a "vigilante" -- which is what the media seem to want to zing Zimmerman for.
This whole thing has devolved into a media driven cluster****.   
You know, I have family friends who are lawyers....I should at the nest get-together do as you suggest and provide them with the ..."facts" and ask them.
Uh, once we actually figure out JUST WHAT THOSE FACTS ARE.....that is. [tinfoil] :facepalm: ??? :lol:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2013, 01:52:09 PM »
Yeah... Except he wasn't in the hot seat.  The police cleared him.
Getting involved in a national media circus is what landed him in a hot seat.

Apparently the police thought so too.

As well as the DA.

The railroading DA and his folks have the task of arguing against the facts unearthed and examined by the police and local DA.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2013, 04:45:05 PM »
You guys aren't keeping up.

"White Hispanic" was dropped a bit ago as people began to mock how blatant an attempt to continue the "white vigilante / black schoolboy" narrative it was.

If you read closely Zimmerman now "self-identifies as Hispanic."  See, the press wasn't misidentifying him, he's simply been "acting brown" to confuse the issue this whole time.

Fun fact, I believe he's 1/8 black (don't think it's African-American origin).  Plessy of "separate but equal" Plessy v Ferguson was 1/8 black as well.

Just 50 odd years ago neither Martin nor Zimmerman would likely have been welcome in that neighborhood. But now we've evolved to where even an octoroon can be in such a position of white privilege and power that he can actually be racist in the critical theory sense.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2013, 04:52:06 PM »
Zimmerman would have had a better chance if he'd taken his defense fund money & pulled a Snowden....he's a dead man walking now....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2013, 05:27:01 PM »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2013, 07:41:04 PM »
his chances are better than some think
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/27/busted-teen-witness-george-zimmerman-trial-cant-re/

Indeed, after seeing some of the youtubage and reading some of the reports.  Seemed like every state witness had a poison pill for the state.  And this Jeantel "star witness"...WTH? 

Were I of the tinfoil persuasion, I might think that the prosecution is throwing the case on purpose or it will be used as a rallying cry to get the Dem base riled up for 2014.

How is the MSM covering it?  Are they showing what a horrorshow the prosecution's case has become?  Or will the acquittal come as a surprise to the low-information voter crowd?

I do wonder about jury deliberation hysterics, though.  I think that the prosecution's best bet and wonder if they did some polling beforehand to see what demographics would be most likely to prosecute.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2013, 10:05:18 PM »
Indeed, after seeing some of the youtubage and reading some of the reports.  Seemed like every state witness had a poison pill for the state.  And this Jeantel "star witness"...WTH?  

Were I of the tinfoil persuasion, I might think that the prosecution is throwing the case on purpose or it will be used as a rallying cry to get the Dem base riled up for 2014.

How is the MSM covering it?  Are they showing what a horrorshow the prosecution's case has become? Or will the acquittal come as a surprise to the low-information voter crowd?

I do wonder about jury deliberation hysterics, though.  I think that the prosecution's best bet and wonder if they did some polling beforehand to see what demographics would be most likely to prosecute.

Everything I've seen has been in this bent.  I imagine that an acquittal will result in wailing, gnashing of teeth, and rending of garments by the usual suspects who make money from screams of racism.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

brimic

• friends
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2013, 01:46:35 AM »
I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that 'hispanic' vs 'white' is determined by if engrish is the first language or not. FWIW, the US government pretty much says that anyone in the western hemisphere that isn't from Canada, the US, Iceland, or Greenland is hispanic.
A good friend of mine's family came from South America a generation ago- he can claim he's hispanic even though he's a heck of a lot whiter and much closer to European descent than I am.  :rofl:

« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 01:52:24 AM by brimic »
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2013, 02:01:33 AM »
Wonder if we'll see Rodney King-esque riots if the white Hispanic gets acquitted?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2013, 02:44:28 AM »
Wonder if we'll see Rodney King-esque riots if the white Hispanic gets acquitted?

Look on the bright side: the burning, beating, and looting would be mostly contained in the rioters' neighborhoods, those that aren't are not going to be well received by people who have been stockpiling guns and ammo for the last year in case of such event, the third option is that the rioting spills into lefty enclaves where guns are forbidden.

All of this would happen on Obama's The Messiah's watch.

Win.Win.Win.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2013, 04:35:38 AM »

I hope so. The more people get to see the better.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2013, 05:34:51 AM »
I'd almost guarantee it. And the race baiters will be fanning the flames the whole way. POTUS probably chief among them.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2013, 05:53:15 AM »
I'm betting against serious riots. Anyone willing to take my bet?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
Re: Re: George Zimmerman Trial
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2013, 07:40:59 AM »
What stakes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2013, 07:51:49 AM »
I'm betting against serious riots. Anyone willing to take my bet?
We would have to define terms.

• friends
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2013, 07:59:38 AM »
burning?  death toll?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2013, 11:12:23 AM »
The Nooz has been pushing Zimmerman as a Caucasian from day one. They still are.

I vote riots if acquitted.  Serious riots, spreading within a day or two from Florida to NY, LA, Houston, Atlanta, and probably a few other places.  Let's just say, I'll be keeping a rifle in the truck from the moment the jury is sent to deliberation to about 3 days after the verdict is read.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”