Author Topic: George Zimmerman Trial  (Read 219266 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: George Zimmerman Trial
« Reply #350 on: July 14, 2013, 11:26:10 AM »
https://twitter.com/allahpundit/status/356249021410582528

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #351 on: July 14, 2013, 11:54:33 AM »
Recall that the FBI interviewed 30 of Zimmerman's associates and only found one "Witness 9" who said he "was racist."

Much as the special prosecutor essentially had to criticize the Sanford PD to even bring the indictment, the DOJ will have to dismiss its own agents work to bring a suit.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 01:53:06 PM by Matthew Carberry »
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #352 on: July 14, 2013, 01:51:14 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #353 on: July 14, 2013, 01:56:21 PM »
Wow, they really can't let go. Addiction to race-baiting, I guess.

Senate Majority Leader calls for DOJ to investigate Zimmerman.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
« Reply #354 on: July 14, 2013, 02:11:12 PM »

This trial was about the 2012 election and regardless of the outcome was always going to be about 2014 for the Dems. Gotta motivate that base.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #355 on: July 14, 2013, 02:20:12 PM »

That is absolutely appaling.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #356 on: July 14, 2013, 02:37:33 PM »
This trial was about the 2012 election and regardless of the outcome was always going to be about 2014 for the Dems. Gotta motivate that base.

No doubt.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #357 on: July 14, 2013, 02:58:32 PM »
Justice for Darryl?

If Obama had a son, he'd look just like Darryl's killer.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #358 on: July 14, 2013, 04:34:23 PM »
If Obama had a son, he'd look just like Darryl's killer.

Zing!
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #359 on: July 14, 2013, 05:23:48 PM »
If DOJ intervenes and files some civil rights action, the precedent is dangerous, as they will be put in a position of having to explain why they didn't filenthe same action in the next homicide. And the one after that. And the next one...  Holder is a fool, but I hope even a fool sees the danger in this action...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #360 on: July 14, 2013, 05:34:03 PM »
I am pleased that the jury was allowed to come to the natural decision here, and not somehow influenced to come to another one.

Zimmerman's best interests now lay in expatriating from the country.  Or, at least, moving to fly-over America at a minimum.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #361 on: July 14, 2013, 06:23:59 PM »
If DOJ intervenes and files some civil rights action, the precedent is dangerous, as they will be put in a position of having to explain why they didn't filenthe same action in the next homicide. And the one after that. And the next one...  Holder is a fool, but I hope even a fool sees the danger in this action...

It is a possibility, however remote, that the White House decided race riots would be bad for the Democrat Party's platform of white guilt. And for that reason, the DOJ was told to mollify the hoodies and Skittles set by "investigating" Zimmerman for some civil rights mumbo-jumbo. If they put Biden in charge, we'll know for sure.

I was going to suggest that DOJ was doing it because they simply wanted to keep the peace, but I quickly realized that was too absurd a suggestion.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #362 on: July 14, 2013, 07:34:00 PM »
Any chance we could maybe merge the Multiple Zimmerman threads?
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
« Reply #363 on: July 14, 2013, 07:52:18 PM »
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/14/19467556-obama-honor-trayvon-martin-by-battling-gun-violence

Um, wha?

The only gun involved was produced within the state it was legally purchased, months prior to its lawful use (for which it was explicitly designed), from an FFL, after a NICs check was passed by its non-prohibited person owner, who then lawfully and responsibly carried it after fulfilling all applicable state permitting standards.

Which of the President's stated goals to address "gun violence" have -any- intersect with this case?

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #364 on: July 14, 2013, 08:07:32 PM »
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/14/19467556-obama-honor-trayvon-martin-by-battling-gun-violence

Um, wha?

The only gun involved was produced within the state it was legally purchased, months prior to its lawful use (for which it was explicitly designed), from an FFL, after a NICs check was passed by its non-prohibited person owner, who then lawfully and responsibly carried it after fulfilling all applicable state permitting standards.

Which of the President's stated goals to address "gun violence" have -any- intersect with this case?

Depends. Stated in public or in private and not for the publics ears?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #365 on: July 14, 2013, 08:57:59 PM »

Um, wha?

Zimmerman used a PF-9... interesting.  Had no idea.  I assumed it was something bigger, but didn't really hash it over in my mind.  Just subconsciously accepted it being a service pistol of some sort.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #366 on: July 14, 2013, 09:25:10 PM »
Zimmerman used a PF-9... interesting.  Had no idea.  I assumed it was something bigger, but didn't really hash it over in my mind.  Just subconsciously accepted it being a service pistol of some sort.

That's been know for a while.  Yep, just a cheap little Kel Tec.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
« Reply #367 on: July 14, 2013, 09:33:36 PM »
That's been know for a while.  Yep, just a cheap little Kel Tec.

He should have saved his money and not purchased a pistol that can't go 2,000 rounds without a malf.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #368 on: July 14, 2013, 09:34:19 PM »
How many rounds did he fire in the altercation?
--Lysander Spooner

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #369 on: July 14, 2013, 09:57:14 PM »
One.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
« Reply #370 on: July 14, 2013, 10:19:58 PM »
One.

But, but, unreliable 2nd tier knockoff!!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #371 on: July 14, 2013, 11:26:37 PM »
In Florida could the family of Martin sue for wrongful death?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
« Reply #372 on: July 14, 2013, 11:38:09 PM »
In Florida could the family of Martin sue for wrongful death?

There's some debate over at the Volokh Conspiracy on that. Check out FL s. 760.32. In theory if the killing is justified they can't and in fact may have to pay damages for trying but it hasn't been run through the courts yet on an actual trial I gather.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #373 on: July 14, 2013, 11:38:28 PM »

Interesting how?

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #374 on: July 14, 2013, 11:43:16 PM »

Enough.