Author Topic: George Zimmerman Trial  (Read 219409 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: George Zimmerman Trial
« Reply #425 on: July 16, 2013, 12:36:07 PM »
The federal/DOJ lynch mob might have some problems getting the verdict they want:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/15/trayvon-martins-family-has-little-chance-for-recou/

Montre Carodine, a law professor at the University of Alabama Law School who specializes in U.S. race relations, says the burden of proof in a federal hate crime prosecution would require the Justice Department to show that Mr. Zimmerman killed Trayvon because of his race, and that such a standard is “higher than what state prosecutors were unable to prove in a second-degree murder case.”

IIRC, I remember reading that Zimmerman grew up with two foster siblings that were black.  He also volunteered as a mentor of two black teenagers, in a really bad part of town.  He also went all Don Quixote against the Sanford Police Dept after the beating of a homeless black man by the son a SPD officer.  

Proving racism is gonna be a tough putt. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #426 on: July 16, 2013, 12:45:35 PM »
If .gov argues that Zimmerman shot Martin because the latter was black, I can see the defense asking "So . . . if a white hispanic person were beating the snot out of Zimmerman, breaking his nose and pounding his head against the concrete, you're saying Zimmerman would have held his fire and absorbed the ground-and-pound beating to avoid harming a white hispanic? He only shot to defend himself because his attacker was black?"
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #427 on: July 16, 2013, 01:49:55 PM »
So here's the real question:
If the DOJ, run by a black man, who's boss is also black, declines to press any kind of federal charges, will the race baiters shut the *expletive deleted*ck up finally?  Arguably the two most powerful black men in the world, I might add. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #428 on: July 16, 2013, 01:55:02 PM »
If the DOJ, run by a black man, who's boss is also black, declines to press any kind of federal charges, will the race baiters shut the *expletive deleted* up finally?  Arguably the two most powerful black men in the world, I might add. 

Nope. Too much money in it for them to give up their cash cow.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #429 on: July 16, 2013, 02:39:02 PM »
Second, some idiot just said that there needs to be a law that requires half of the jury to be the same race as the victim.  Think that will work next time a white person is the victim,  and blacks are excluded fromnthe jury pool...

Judged not by the color of their skin but the content of their character... What's the rest of that again?
If the DOJ, run by a black man, who's boss is also black, declines to press any kind of federal charges, will the race baiters shut the *expletive deleted* up finally?  Arguably the two most powerful black men in the world, I might add. 

Fail, we'll just declare them not really black enough.

I'm wondering if Zimmerman has enough meat for a lawsuit of his own against everyone for false arrest. When you have the original police and DA not hauling him in it should be a pretty clear shot that he was a political prisoner. Then there is the former police chief and the It guy, I hope everyone who pressed this case home gets hammered.

The rioting mob of incomplete thought is not demanding justice for Trayvon, they are demanding injustice for Zimmerman. If he had been found guilty I would have took it as further proof you don't go to court to get justice, I have to be exceedingly careful about what I consider self defense, and that the fix was obviously in. Short of griping on APS I don't see myself rioting because a court didn't deliver the right verdict. All the Jamie Foxx types are crying that the fix was in from the start when it is obvious that they only ever saw one outcome.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #430 on: July 16, 2013, 02:57:21 PM »
The news keeps referring to Martin as "unarmed." Apparently, if people have weapons, it's OK to shoot them. We should all start carrying throw-downs.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #431 on: July 16, 2013, 02:59:54 PM »
He had arms damnit
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #432 on: July 16, 2013, 03:05:34 PM »
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #433 on: July 16, 2013, 03:07:14 PM »
Another question. Is "he shouldn't have gotten out of the car," a little like, "she shouldn't have been dressed like that, in that neighborhood"?

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #434 on: July 16, 2013, 03:15:40 PM »
Another question. Is "he shouldn't have gotten out of the car," a little like, "she shouldn't have been dressed like that, in that neighborhood"?

I have silenced a few people on another board I frequent who are using the logic that GZ should have stayed in his car, and this would have never happened, by stating if TM had stayed home on that dark, rainy night, none of this would have happened. Funny, but, I haven't gotten a single reply to that yet.  ???

bob

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #435 on: July 16, 2013, 03:48:23 PM »
Here is an amazing article from huffingtonpost... [barf] http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/15/6-decisions-trayvon_n_3600690.html
At least most of the commentators are tearing it apart.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #436 on: July 16, 2013, 04:58:52 PM »
A friend posted this on FB today:

4, count em, FOUR people on the planet, and Cain goes and kills Abel. It's not a race thing, it's a people thing.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #437 on: July 16, 2013, 05:04:04 PM »
FOUR people on the planet, and Cain goes and kills Abel. It's not a race thing, it's a people thing

Did Abel jump out of the bushes and knock Cain down and start beating him  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #438 on: July 16, 2013, 05:12:38 PM »
Did Abel jump out of the bushes and knock Cain down and start beating him  ???

Jealousy
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #439 on: July 16, 2013, 05:16:58 PM »
It's getting worse and worse  :facepalm:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/16/holder-wades-deeper-into-zimmerman-battle-calls-for-review-stand-your-ground/

My god - what kind of a bizarro world did I walk into  ???

Jealousy

Might have turned out different if Abel had a gun  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #440 on: July 16, 2013, 05:24:55 PM »

My god - what kind of a bizarro world did I walk into  ???

Apparently the kind where the concept of self defense is "senseless".

it's time to question laws that senselessly expand the concept of self-defense and sow dangerous conflict in our neighborhoods," Holder said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/16/holder-wades-deeper-into-zimmerman-battle-calls-for-review-stand-your-ground/#ixzz2ZFJx54di
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #441 on: July 16, 2013, 05:25:50 PM »
I guess when you're giving machine guns to Mexican drug lords I can see why you'd worry that Americans being able to shoot back could lead to dangerous conflicts.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #442 on: July 16, 2013, 06:07:09 PM »
If I didn't know better I'd almost think they are trying to provoke states into standing up and telling the feds to FOAD.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #443 on: July 16, 2013, 06:36:52 PM »
Holder can say all he wants.  State law issue.  Unless he's ready to do what my step-grandmother has been predicting this administration would do, declare the USA to be the First American Empire, and declarenall state laws void to be replaced by the Imperial Code, then he can have a nice day and go away.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #444 on: July 16, 2013, 07:00:17 PM »
I thougt Bush was going to do that ???
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #445 on: July 16, 2013, 07:05:27 PM »

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #446 on: July 16, 2013, 07:08:17 PM »
What a lovely 'shop. Totally conducive to the racial healing in these troubled times.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #447 on: July 16, 2013, 07:19:08 PM »
 :rofl:

Wanna talk about cundice to the racial healing in these troubled times? An associate professor at the University of Pennsylvania's Department of Religious Studies thinks God is a white racist. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/16/upenn-professor-goes-on-blog-rant-over-zimmerman-verdict-claims-god-is-white/?intcmp=trending
Apparently she is as much an associate professor, what is different between an associate professor and a professor?, of religious studies as Obama is on Constitutional law.
 :facepalm:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 07:22:15 PM by freakazoid »
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #448 on: July 16, 2013, 07:58:07 PM »
At least the picture is humorous, in its own particular, race-baiting way.

As someone said earlier, about Obama, the left is not the least bit interested in racial harmony. They only want more hatred and division.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #449 on: July 16, 2013, 08:04:05 PM »
Holder can say all he wants.  State law issue.  Unless he's ready to do what my step-grandmother has been predicting this administration would do, declare the USA to be the First American Empire, and declarenall state laws void to be replaced by the Imperial Code, then he can have a nice day and go away.

I think that the Obama Junta already think that's the way it is.