Author Topic: George Zimmerman Trial  (Read 219282 times)

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: George Zimmerman Trial
« Reply #525 on: July 19, 2013, 01:48:39 PM »
Yet someone offered her a full scholarship after the Morgan interview.

Really? You're not kidding?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #526 on: July 19, 2013, 01:51:44 PM »
Many of the challenges they face are self-imposed, as a result of their inherent racism. The Civil War was more than 200 years ago, yet the blacks persist in thinking and referring to themselves as "blacks" or "black Americans" rather than as "Americans."

One objection here, Mr. Ezra Klein, we just recognized the 150th anniversary of the battle of Gettysburg. Not 200 years. ~150 years. Otherwise, point taken.

I believe I even saw an article that immigrant Hispanics are integrating into American culture while native blacks have been balkanizing.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #527 on: July 19, 2013, 02:05:50 PM »
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #528 on: July 19, 2013, 02:32:34 PM »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #529 on: July 19, 2013, 04:00:37 PM »
You just rested MY case, by outlining why black people still have a need to help themselves, by means of private organizations focused on bettering the race (or improving the culture, to put it another way).

They don't need racism-perpetuating organizations like the NAACP to better themselves. They go to the same schools white, red, and yellow skinned children go to. Why is it that only the black students don't learn to speak English? Why is it that only the black students are illiterate (either functionally or completely) after twelve grades of public education? The NAACP isn't helping reverse that. The reason black kids don't learn is that black kids won't learn. They're still stuck 200 150 years in the past, believing that "whitey" owes them something for nothing.

The only people perpetuating racism in the United States today are the blacks themselves.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #530 on: July 19, 2013, 04:01:36 PM »
One objection here, Mr. Ezra Klein, we just recognized the 150th anniversary of the battle of Gettysburg. Not 200 years. ~150 years. Otherwise, point taken.

You're right.

I blame it on the heat frying my circuits ...

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #531 on: July 19, 2013, 07:24:22 PM »
Some of Obama's Deep Thought internal commentary that occured to him as he lectured us all about race, today.

http://isteve.blogspot.com/2013/07/obamas-statement-on-zimmerman-martin.html

You know, when Trayvon Martin was first shot, I said that this could have been my son.

Yeah, I know it was kind of cheesy, but Michelle loved that line.

Of course, if I'd married my old girlfriend, Genevieve, our son would have looked more like George Zimmerman, but, then, Genevieve and I never would have allowed our son to live in some crime-ridden exurban sticksville, so that's irrelevant.

Still, I wonder what Genny's up to? I saw in the Times where she married that Egyptian guy, but that couldn't have lasted, could it?

Another way of saying that is Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago.

When I was preppy at Punahou and a liberal arts major at Oxy, I was quite the badass.
    And when you think about why, in the African- American community at least, there’s a lot of pain around what happened here, I think it’s important to recognize that the African- American community is looking at this issue through a set of experiences and a history that -- that doesn’t go away.

It used to white Southerners like Faulkner who said things like, "The past is never dead. It's not even past." Should I cite Faulkner for the literary cred, or is it too obvious?
    There are very few African-American men in this country who haven’t had the experience of being followed when they were shopping in a department store. That includes me.

Note to self: include a searing chapter in my post-presidential memoir on that security guard at the State Street Marshall Field's who eyeballed me in a suspicious manner while I was in the scarf section. (My agent says an 8 figure advance is possible. Note to self: Find a new agent who will take on the ex-President for the prestige and a 2.5% commission.)

And there are very few African-American men who haven’t had the experience of walking across the street and hearing the locks click on the doors of cars.

As you'll recall, Zimmerman Got Out of the Car After Though the Police Ordered Him Not To. But locking yourself in your car is also racist ...

That happens to me, at least before I was a senator.

Have I ever mentioned how fascinating the young me found the ice machine in motels? I did? Hmmhhmm, my next book about me is going to be a struggle. I should have tried to lead a more interesting pre-Presidential life.

Added bonus: no math allowed in the forthcoming blame-whitey fest dialog about race.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #532 on: July 19, 2013, 07:33:39 PM »
They don't need racism-perpetuating organizations like the NAACP to better themselves.

Don't bother responding, if you won't read the whole post.

You're saying that black people have problems that other groups don't have. Can't you see how that would lead to groups of black people trying to solve those problems? I'm not saying the NAACP is doing a good job of that lately. But you would expect some group to do it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #533 on: July 19, 2013, 07:53:10 PM »
Quote from: Obama

Am I a bad person for thinking what a better place the world would be?
"It's good, though..."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #534 on: July 19, 2013, 08:01:46 PM »
Barry was a drug using thug at 17 ?
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #535 on: July 19, 2013, 08:08:34 PM »

How much do you believe his official biography?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #536 on: July 19, 2013, 08:16:55 PM »
Now, I'm finally pissed off.  El Presidente can have absolutely no other intentions than:

1) Fan the flames so FedGov in general, and Himself in particular, can play at firefighter
2) Push his gun-control agenda

People are going to get hurt, maybe get killed, for no other reason than that sanctimonious jackass is trying to further a political agenda.  This goes double for Eric "My People" Holder.  I'm waaaaay past the "reasonable people can reasonably disagree" stage in my estimation of Himself.  "Tawana" Sharpton, Jesse "apartheid" Jackson and Stevie "Boycott" Wonder can all go straight to hell with the afore-mentioned.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #537 on: July 19, 2013, 08:22:54 PM »
Now, I'm finally pissed off.  El Presidente can have absolutely no other intentions than:

1) Fan the flames so FedGov in general, and Himself in particular, can play at firefighter
2) Push his gun-control agenda

People are going to get hurt, maybe get killed, for no other reason than that sanctimonious jackass is trying to further a political agenda.  This goes double for Eric "My People" Holder.  I'm waaaaay past the "reasonable people can reasonably disagree" stage in my estimation of Himself.  "Tawana" Sharpton, Jesse "apartheid" Jackson and Stevie "Boycott" Wonder can all go straight to hell with the afore-mentioned.

Yeah, if they thought "racism" was bad before ...   ;/  :facepalm:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #538 on: July 19, 2013, 09:25:07 PM »

Don't bother responding, if you won't read the whole post.

You're saying that black people have problems that other groups don't have. Can't you see how that would lead to groups of black people trying to solve those problems? I'm not saying the NAACP is doing a good job of that lately. But you would expect some group to do it.

I read the whole post and I understand your point, but the blacks don't need an organization. All they need is for black parents (although that may be somewhat of an oxymoron) to pay attention to what Bill Cosby has been telling them for many years.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #539 on: July 19, 2013, 10:16:56 PM »

Didn't you read above?  Barry was quite the badass.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #540 on: July 20, 2013, 12:59:38 AM »
I read the whole post and I understand your point, but the blacks don't need an organization. All they need is for black parents (although that may be somewhat of an oxymoron) to pay attention to what Bill Cosby has been telling them for many years.

Gun owners don't need an organization. They just need to pay attention to what Wayne LaPierre has been telling them for years.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #541 on: July 20, 2013, 01:11:42 AM »

Gun owners don't need an organization. They just need to pay attention to what Wayne LaPierre has been telling them for years.

Do you really think that is an apt analogy? 
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #542 on: July 20, 2013, 01:18:45 AM »
Why not? To organize or not to organize is not the question. If the organization were pushing the correct agenda, it would be fine. Good agendas, like gun rights, should be supported by some sort of organization. There are black groups pushing a good agenda. We are not worried about them. The fact that the NAACP is a bad organization doesn't invalidate the idea of organizing.

This whole idea that "they have BET, we should get to have WET," is unrealistic. The races may be equal. Their history and circumstances are not. Whites do not have, and should not have, racially-based organizations in America; because we are the historical majority, and still the largest group. Racial self-help is not relevant to our situation. It could be relevant to minority groups.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #543 on: July 20, 2013, 08:21:58 AM »
I agree with fistful.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: George Zimmerman Trial
« Reply #544 on: July 20, 2013, 09:18:56 AM »
decide
you want to be included do what it takes to make that happen
you wanna play apartheid interupptus quit whining

the things that plague black society can only be fixed from within. exploiting white guilt helps no one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #545 on: July 20, 2013, 11:33:23 AM »

They are just trying to find a way to have Holder pin an assassination on a future president charge on Zimmerman.   ;) 

bob

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #546 on: July 20, 2013, 11:40:55 AM »
Didn't you read above?  Barry was quite the badass.

Hasn't changed a whole lot, has he?  ;)

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #547 on: July 20, 2013, 11:46:40 AM »
Why not? To organize or not to organize is not the question. If the organization were pushing the correct agenda, it would be fine. Good agendas, like gun rights, should be supported by some sort of organization. There are black groups pushing a good agenda. We are not worried about them. The fact that the NAACP is a bad organization doesn't invalidate the idea of organizing.

This whole idea that "they have BET, we should get to have WET," is unrealistic. The races may be equal. Their history and circumstances are not. Whites do not have, and should not have, racially-based organizations in America; because we are the historical majority, and still the largest group. Racial self-help is not relevant to our situation. It could be relevant to minority groups.

Voluntary organizations are part of what made this country great, not libertarian atomism.  Gawk at Democracy in America for a while and folk will have a bit more understanding of their role in civic society.  Everything from churches, to rotaries, to temperance leagues, to homeowners associations, to (yes), neighborhood watches.  They are the glue which holds this country together as something more than just an economy and government.

In short, fistful is correct in that  a voluntary organization is not a bad thing, though organizations that push bad ideas can be.

OTOH, fistul has swallowed the leftist twaddle about how explicitly white/western/european/otherwise organizations are illegitimate(1).  It is kind of pathetic how many in the right and center are willing to give their avowed enemies the veto over what is acceptable.  I call bullshit.  If organizing to better the lives, circumstances, and culture of black men and women is a good & legitimate thing, it is just as good and legitimate to do the same for white men & women(2). 

Given that western culture has been under assault for over a century on the North American continent alone, it is of greater importance, since without the political and cultural innovations generated by whites & europeans since the Magna Carta, all these minorities would still be suffering under their own particular color of despotism.  The vast majority of their brethren still are.

(1) Oddly enough, explicitly white organizations such as those run by urban Irish and Italians are acceptable to the leftists...because they and their members support the Democrat Party.  And the KKK was also legitimate when it was a tool of the Democrat Party and voted en mass for Democrats from the time of Wilson through Truman.

(2) I also get a whiff of condescension toward minorities from the "It is OK for minorities, but not the majority," crowd.  GHWB called something similar "the soft bigotry of low expectations." When it comes to behavior and legitimacy, I have the same standard for all.

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #549 on: July 20, 2013, 12:12:31 PM »
The silver lining being,if we're lucky, maybe we won't pay for it...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch