Author Topic: George Zimmerman Trial  (Read 219336 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: George Zimmerman Trial
« Reply #600 on: July 22, 2013, 12:22:01 PM »
Yep, definitly a 'shop.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #601 on: July 22, 2013, 12:46:43 PM »
1)  He's at a Cubs game, so he's a idiot to begin with.

2)  "The NAACP made me the success I am today" said no black person ever.   In fact if you talk to blacks who have been very successful; Herman Cain, Charles Payne, Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice, Clarence Thomas; they all basically turned their backs on the NAACP and the other race baiters/victimizers and went they own way.

3)  I have two hoodies.  One (gray) from the 2005 White Sox world series win and a nice bright yellow one I bought at IGOLD (Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day) a few years back.   I where then when it's in the 40's outside or around the house in the winter to keep warm.  I guess I'm not a racist.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 11:45:59 AM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #602 on: July 22, 2013, 02:59:36 PM »
Why is it that only the black students don't learn to speak English? Why is it that only the black students are illiterate (either functionally or completely) after twelve grades of public education?

I've known a loootttttt of white folks who can't speak English properly, and graduate high school as functional illiterates. They often (shockingly!) are from poor white trash families who place no cultural value on education or bettering oneself. Also, compare the results of the English welfare state, and all of the (white) illiterate hooligans it has spawned.

So, yeah. I know folks on the right get falsely accused of racism for every thing we believe, but that isn't helped by the, you know, actual racism on display above.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #603 on: July 22, 2013, 03:39:30 PM »
I've known a loootttttt of white folks who can't speak English properly, and graduate high school as functional illiterates. They often (shockingly!) are from poor white trash families who place no cultural value on education or bettering oneself. Also, compare the results of the English welfare state, and all of the (white) illiterate hooligans it has spawned.

So, yeah. I know folks on the right get falsely accused of racism for every thing we believe, but that isn't helped by the, you know, actual racism on display above.

I grew up in a small town in the middle of the country. There are former classmates who would qualify for your statement. Heck, I have FAMILY who would qualify. (Though, even given that, the VAST majority of what I refer to as the ne'er-do-well side of the family are self-supporting, even if not well-educated.)

I will ask one pertinent question: What's the percentage breakdown of illiterate inner-city (read: black) graduates and illiterate rural (read:white) graduates?

I would venture to guess that at best (for your argument) the raw numbers may be equivalent. What does that say about the percentage breakdown?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #604 on: July 22, 2013, 03:47:56 PM »

Every once in a great while, I agree with Balog.

I agree with Balog.

The issue here is confusing a socio economic thing and a sub culture thing with a race thing.

The examples of those who take pride in poverty and ignorance at the expense of the nation as a whole is not limited to race. You want proof of that, just drive through the more impoverished rural areas in the south.

If you want to accuse Zimmerman of a prejudice, I think the only one that could apply is class prejudice, and, sad to say, some of it would be justifiable, as it is true that in those socioeconomic based subcultures, criminal behavior is much more prevalent.

I don't think this wouldn't have happened had Martin been white. I just think we wouldn't have heard about it.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #605 on: July 22, 2013, 03:51:57 PM »
Profiling based on class: applied statistics.

Sucks, but it is what it is.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #606 on: July 22, 2013, 04:18:09 PM »
I grew up in a small town in the middle of the country. There are former classmates who would qualify for your statement. Heck, I have FAMILY who would qualify. (Though, even given that, the VAST majority of what I refer to as the ne'er-do-well side of the family are self-supporting, even if not well-educated.)

I will ask one pertinent question: What's the percentage breakdown of illiterate inner-city (read: black) graduates and illiterate rural (read:white) graduates?

I would venture to guess that at best (for your argument) the raw numbers may be equivalent. What does that say about the percentage breakdown?

What percentage of whites are part of white trash culture? What percentage of blacks are part of ghetto culture? Do you think those numbers are solely the result of race, or could other factors (like say, moving from oppression and slavery into a world of perverse incentives) play a role in the formation of that culture? When you have generational, cultural problems with white folks, that's an irrelevant data point having nothing to do with race. When you have the same thing with blacks, it's because of their genetic inferiority. Funny how that works innit? I guess the multi-generational British welfare sponge families must all be secretly black.

It's easy to conflate race and culture since they are so often highly correlated, but they really aren't the same thing. Nonsensical “but twin studies elventyone!!1!” notwithstanding.

Now, it has been correctly pointed out that almost all of the most successful cultures (wherein “success” is defined as preserving the base culture for a long time) have been racially homogenous. This is an undeniably true, historic fact. The interesting corollary that I never really see brought up is that those same cultures were also almost all some form of hereditary monarchy with limited mobility outside one’s born class, extremely limited freedoms etc.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #607 on: July 22, 2013, 04:34:32 PM »
What percentage of whites are part of white trash culture? What percentage of blacks are part of ghetto culture? Do you think those numbers are solely the result of race, or could other factors (like say, moving from oppression and slavery into a world of perverse incentives) play a role in the formation of that culture? When you have generational, cultural problems with white folks, that's an irrelevant data point having nothing to do with race. When you have the same thing with blacks, it's because of their genetic inferiority. Funny how that works innit?

It's easy to conflate race and culture since they are so often highly correlated, but they really aren't the same thing. Nonsensical “but twin studies elventyone!!1!” notwithstanding.

Now, it has been correctly pointed out that almost all of the most successful cultures (wherein “success” is defined as preserving the base culture for a long time) have been racially homogenous. This is an undeniably true, historic fact. The interesting corollary that I never really see brought up is that those same cultures were also almost all some form of hereditary monarchy with limited mobility outside one’s born class, extremely limited freedoms etc.

I did not and do not claim it was genetic and I also don't think that the person you originally called a racist was claiming that genetics determined black illiteracy. Further I believe that the successes blacks achieved prior to the Great Society rather prove that it is clearly not a genetic failing. The black population as a whole has regressed on many cultural factors since that time, which belies the claim that slavery is the cause of current ills.

My problem was that you took his clearly true statistical point and immediately cried racism.

Now, unless math is racist (and I've actually heard arguments that it is), his point is not racist. Had he suggested that blacks were genetically inferior and therefore are destined to be illiterate welfare dwellers, I'd agree that was racist. But he didn't say that.

You also point out that race and culture are not the same. This is clear. However, there is also clearly a "Black Culture" as blacks have increasingly rejected "White Culture" and become more balkanized. To try to claim that "Black Culture" is not the product of the choices of a majority of the black population is infantilizing the population.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #608 on: July 22, 2013, 04:58:54 PM »
My problem was that you took his clearly true statistical point and immediately cried racism.

Why is it that only the black students don't learn to speak English? Why is it that only the black students are illiterate (either functionally or completely) after twelve grades of public education?

You claim this is "clearly statistically true." Feel free to provide evidence that no white/hispanic/asian students are functionally illiterate post high school. I'll wait.

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #609 on: July 22, 2013, 05:16:07 PM »
Zimmerman helps rescue family from overturned vehicle, police say   :O

ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - George Zimmerman, who was acquitted earlier this month of murder and manslaughter in the death of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin, helped rescue a family from an overturned vehicle in Florida last week, authorities said on Monday.

Zimmerman, 29, helped get them out of the overturned sport utility vehicle last Wednesday, barely four days after the not-guilty verdict, the Seminole County Sheriff's Office in central Florida said.

http://news.yahoo.com/george-zimmerman-helps-rescue-family-overturned-vehicle-police-182100652.html

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2013/07/22/no-way-george-zimmerman-emerges-from-hiding-torescue-truck-crash-victim-n1646406
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 05:29:26 PM by Chester32141 »
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #610 on: July 22, 2013, 05:27:53 PM »
Also, you'll note I placed the blame on the perverse incentives ie .gov programs post slavery, not on slavery.

Which is why I keep bringing up the British welfare state. People of all races generally prefer whatever is the lowest effort path to an acceptable (in their view) standard of living. Just human nature.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #611 on: July 22, 2013, 05:42:10 PM »
Found the article interesting by the Washington Post.  Two Americas?  I think there may well be two or three Americas relative to the kinds of break down they give.  The damning statement was that people felt that if the tables were turned and Z had been killed by M, that M would have been found guilty.  Food for thought.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/07/22/how-the-trayvon-martin-case-reveals-our-two-political-americas/?wpisrc=nl_pmpol

Few nationally would have even heard of the case if it wasn't a white on black "crime".  The same goes if it was black on black, or white on white self defense.  So, from a media point of view, race places a huge part.  But from a legal point of view, it should play no role what so ever.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 05:46:43 PM by slingshot »
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #612 on: July 22, 2013, 06:56:46 PM »
Few nationally would have even heard of the case if it wasn't a white on black "crime". 

It really wasn't.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #613 on: July 22, 2013, 08:28:29 PM »

Well, he IS an Aggie, after all.  :facepalm:
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #614 on: July 22, 2013, 08:38:06 PM »
I've never seen a A&M hat with the logo in that spot.  It's also crooked.  (it's still funny, and it might be an Aggie, but it's been 'shopped)
"It's good, though..."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #615 on: July 22, 2013, 08:57:39 PM »
Now, it has been correctly pointed out that almost all of the most successful cultures (wherein “success” is defined as preserving the base culture for a long time) have been racially homogenous.

Imperial Rome?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #616 on: July 22, 2013, 09:45:05 PM »
Do we know how Zimmerman was carrying his pistol? IWB, shoulder holster, ect.?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Re: Re: Re: George Zimmerman Trial
« Reply #617 on: July 22, 2013, 10:17:13 PM »
Do we know how Zimmerman was carrying his pistol? IWB, shoulder holster, ect.?

Iwb according to one of the witnesses.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #618 on: July 22, 2013, 10:19:03 PM »
I heard he was aiming it from a helicopter, like Sarah Palin.

cordex

• Administrator
Re: Re: Re: George Zimmerman Trial
« Reply #619 on: July 22, 2013, 10:32:48 PM »
Iwb according to one of the witnesses.
Cheap floppy IWB:

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #620 on: July 22, 2013, 11:25:01 PM »
Do PF9s barrels normally look like that?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #621 on: July 22, 2013, 11:45:42 PM »

Yes, it's a common Keltec design element. My P32 looks just like it, save for the diameter of course.
I promise not to duck.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #622 on: July 22, 2013, 11:48:16 PM »
Yes, it's a common Keltec design element. My P32 looks just like it, save for the diameter of course.

I think the Ruger LCP has a barrel similar, and I have a Sig Sauer P-290 that has a large "bell" shaped end...a sort of "bushing" I guess; helps it fit very well and flush in the barrel.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #623 on: July 22, 2013, 11:49:13 PM »

Modified for extra killing-ness.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #624 on: July 23, 2013, 12:06:00 AM »

Looks just like my P3AT
"It's good, though..."