Author Topic: You Thought the DHS Ammo Hoarding Was Bad?  (Read 8797 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
You Thought the DHS Ammo Hoarding Was Bad?
« on: July 08, 2013, 09:47:11 AM »
You though the ammo shortage from DHS buying it all up was bad? Now FEMA is buying up all the bottled drinking water and stiockpiling it. I'm going to Costco right now before it all sells out. They won't catch me dehydrated whenever they execute whatever it is they're up to.

http://www.gsnmagazine.com/node/30412?c=disaster_preparedness_emergency_response
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: You Thought the DHS Ammo Hoarding Was Bad?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 09:50:20 AM »
Gonna have to start drinking out of muddy hoofprints again.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 09:55:25 AM »
Because you know, buying bottled water for distribution during hurricane season....who'd have thunk that FEMA might actually do it's job..... :facepalm:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 10:07:50 AM »
I'd rather have them spending money on water than rural land and train cars.  [tinfoil]
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 10:20:39 AM »
Because you know, buying bottled water for distribution during hurricane season....who'd have thunk that FEMA might actually do it's job..... :facepalm:
But . . . if they were to actually distribute it to stricken areas . . . they wouldn't have the stockpile any more.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 10:23:23 AM »

For an alphabet agency to do anything besides harassing the citizenry is getting to be just rare enough to raise suspicions. What are they up to?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 10:25:20 AM »
For an alphabet agency to do anything besides harassing the citizenry is getting to be just rare enough to raise suspicions. What are they up to?

[tinfoil] Gearing up for mass waterboarding sessions!

Barack Obama

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 10:28:36 AM »
Meh.  5.4 million bottles of water is all of about a 3 day supply for a disaster-stricken population of less than half a million people.

No parity whatsoever to umpteen billion rounds of ammo.

I still think FEMA needs to be de-funded and destroyed, and the National Guard take over this duty.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 10:39:00 AM »
Will they leave it out in the elements to be slowly destroyed like they did with all those mobile trailers?

I still think FEMA needs to be de-funded and destroyed, and the National Guard take over this duty.

As long as the disaster doesn't hit on a Monday.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 10:57:45 AM »
Will they leave it out in the elements to be slowly destroyed like they did with all those mobile trailers?

Those mobile trailers were fail from the beginning. 

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Trailer+failure%3a+more+FEMA+follies.-a0210519838
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 11:22:47 AM »
Gonna have to start drinking out of muddy hoofprints again.

" If ever I meet one of you Texas waddies who ain't drunk from a hoofprint, I think I'll… I'll shake their hand, or buy them a Daniel Webster cigar! How long you boys down there been mounted on sheep?"

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 11:23:31 AM »
If you stock up at home get the freeze dried water, it keeps better.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 11:26:59 AM »

I don't get it.  'Splayn, plz.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 11:31:46 AM »
If you stock up at home get the freeze dried water, it keeps better.

On the way to Costco it hit me that, where am I going to put all these pallets of water? So I had to stop at the local storage place and get one of the big garage sized lockers. It's going to cost me $600/mo, but it'll be worth it to be "the water guy" when the SHTF and FEMA won't give out any of their water. I'm thinking I should be able to at least double my money.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2013, 11:47:49 AM »
On the way to Costco it hit me that, where am I going to put all these pallets of water? So I had to stop at the local storage place and get one of the big garage sized lockers. It's going to cost me $600/mo, but it'll be worth it to be "the water guy" when the SHTF and FEMA won't give out any of their water. I'm thinking I should be able to at least double my money.

Think bigger.
Imagine the harem of hawt 'water poor' 18-20 year olds you could maintain with all of that water. >:D

Barack Obama

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 11:55:57 AM »
I don't get it.  'Splayn, plz.

Most National Guard folks work a regular job also, so that means the majority of them work M-F. Hence why they are jokingly called "Weekend Warriors".

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 11:58:10 AM »
Actually, I was referring to the "Sequester" cuts.  Starting soon, most full-time Guardsmen (AGR/Technicians) will have Mondays off for several months.  This while Obama spends $100 mil to pander to African nations.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013, 12:03:45 PM »
Why rent a storage locker? Is your garage still full of those MRE's you stocked up for the Y2K disaster?   ;)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2013, 12:06:26 PM »
Why rent a storage locker? Is your garage still full of those MRE's you stocked up for the Y2K disaster?   ;)

Don't be silly. They all expired and I replaced them with new MREs in preparation for SuperVolcano.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2013, 12:32:01 PM »
I can see why DHS is stocking up on bottled water for disasters.

It's not like Walmart is going to send semi-trailers full of bottled water to the disaster area just for free  :P

DHS should also be stocking up on ice.  They could store it in a secure parking lot somewhere  =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2013, 02:49:58 PM »

It's not like Walmart is going to send semi-trailers full of bottled water to the disaster area just for free  :P

I did some rough math based on the following assumptions (all numbers are guestimated):
A 63' long semi trailer is 8 feet wide by 10 feet tall. Pallets of water are 6' tall.
A flat of water has 24 bottles and is 18" long by 12" wide by 8" tall.
Pallets are 3' x 4'
1 layer of water flats on a pallet consists of a 3x5 pattern, 15 flats of 24 bottles or 360 bottles per layer.
One semi truck holds about 30 pallets in a 2x15 arrangement, or 98,400 bottles.

Roughly 100,000 bottles per 63' semi truck.

So we're talking about 50 to 60 semi trailers full of water.

That's really not that much.  I imagine it will be stored in probably half a dozen different distribution centers around the US.  And that FEMA/DHS anticipates being able to depend on support from Walmart, Waffle House, Home Depot and other major chains that provide prominent assistance during disaster relief.
--Lysander Spooner

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2013, 04:11:05 PM »
A 63' long semi trailer is 8 feet wide by 10 feet tall. Pallets of water are 6' tall.

Didn't know we had 63' van trailers. Are you thinking 53'?

Also they are 8'-6" wide and 9' tall.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2013, 04:47:11 PM »
Sorry, you're right.  Misremembered.  So, take about 15% away, that's still around 85,000 bottles per truck.
--Lysander Spooner

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2013, 05:19:30 PM »
I'd rather have them spending money on water than rural land and train cars.  [tinfoil]

And shoddy house trailers insulated with formaldehyde ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2013, 06:09:32 PM »
“All bottles of water must contain an expiration or ‘best if used by’ date that is no sooner than 24 months from the date of delivery…,”

It should not be difficult to get the label printer to put a date far enough out to meet that requirement.

The el cheapo thin-walled bottled water has a 2-year "best by" date.  That is still well within the "safe useage" range.  But that's not the problem we will be facing when served FEAM water.
http://www.npr.org/2011/03/02/134196209/study-most-plastics-leach-hormone-like-chemicals
http://www.pamf.org/teen/health/environment/your/plastic.html
http://www.livestrong.com/article/141950-plastic-bottles-toxins/ (read especially what they say about bottles exposed to heat - especially for prolonged periods)

It's easy to see the direction of this insidious government plot.  They buy up bottled water and store it for use following a disaster.  We drink the bottled water, thus ingesting the hormone-like chemicals, and voila! our softer, more compliant side comes out.

If you have a source of water of undetermined quality, stuff like this is probably going to keep you ODing on FEMA hormone-like chemicals -

http://espwaterproducts.com/emergency-preparedness-water-disaster-relief.htm

stay safe.

If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.