Author Topic: Yellowstone: Locked IN THE HOTEL UNDER ARMED GUARD over shutdown  (Read 4835 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
http://www.newburyportnews.com/local/x1442580373/Gestapo-tactics-meet-senior-citizens-at-Yellowstone

Yes, that's right.

Shutting down the parks, the Xanterra PRIVATE hotels included.  Not just asking people to leave... holding them under ARMED GUARD and prohibiting them from leaving until the Gestapo say you are now allowed to leave.

Dangerous, holding people under false arrest.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Yellowstone: Locked IN THE HOTEL UNDER ARMED GUARD over shutdown
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 03:15:09 PM »
When recreating is outlawed, only outlaws will recreate.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 03:32:24 PM »
I hope they sue the *expletive deleted*it out of those scumbags. Sounds like unlawful detention to me, but then, the government can pretty much get away with a lot of stuff we'd go to jail for.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 03:37:58 PM »
I hope they sue the *expletive deleted* out of those scumbags. Sounds like unlawful detention to me, but then, the government can pretty much get away with a lot of stuff we'd go to jail for.

I guess that they figured that a bunch of foreign senior citizens visiting the USSA wouldn't fight back ....   ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 03:38:05 PM »
Bullies certainly like to pick on the weak don't they?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 04:33:36 PM »
That line is getting very close.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 04:42:50 PM »
who is head of nps?  someone particularly obamactive?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 10:06:33 PM »
Why don't they just use the local sheriffs to lock up the park service guys on false arrest or whatever charges?
After all they are still in a given state and thats states laws apply.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 10:14:51 PM »
I gotta wonder how close we are to a park ranger needing to shoot some illegal recreater in one of the closed national King's Parks.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 10:19:24 PM »
I gotta wonder how close we are to a park ranger needing to shoot some illegal recreater in one of the closed national King's Parks.

The king's deer indeed. They want a challenge, close national forest and BLM to hunters. Screw the debt ceiling, the end of October will be way more entertaining then.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 10:28:12 PM »
Folks, revolution has been bred out of the American population.  Bitching and moaning however, is still doable.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 10:30:50 PM »
It's already bow season here. Haven't heard of any hunting areas closed yet. (I had heard that the local COE lake had locked off the unattended boat ramps but I've since seen that is not the case.)

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 11:00:02 PM »
Why don't they just use the local sheriffs to lock up the park service guys on false arrest or whatever charges?

This. Very much this.
I promise not to duck.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 11:35:10 PM »

It would be interesting. A Northern CA Sheriff did something similar (some months before this current nonsense) after a National Forest LEO kept busting people on bogus firearms charges. I haven't looked into it since I first read about it, but the Sheriff basically forbade the Forest Service from exercising LEO functions in his county.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2013, 11:57:13 PM »
"Officer, unless you are going to shoot me and a bunch of elderly tourists, on camera, for taking pictures go ahead and FOAD. We'll be back on the road in a minute."

Then film her reaction. [popcorn]

• friends
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 09:07:12 AM »
"Officer, unless you are going to shoot me and a bunch of elderly tourists, on camera, for taking pictures go ahead and FOAD. We'll be back on the road in a minute."

Then film her reaction. [popcorn]
Would have to be a feisty American in the group the Asians? Never. The Europeans doubtful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 09:53:34 AM »
Several of those detained were from Japan & other nations. There may be some international blowback as well...

Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 10:03:15 AM »
Several of those detained were from Japan & other nations. There may be some international blowback as well...

If so, it will be interesting to see which direction the blowback blows.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2013, 01:03:32 PM »
Would have to be a feisty American in the group the Asians? Never. The Europeans doubtful.

Like the Asian who ran over a bunch of thugs on bikes? Most Asians are very polite and considerate people. I also think their sense of family trumps their sense of PC behavior, and that if and when they perceive a real threat they are not going to hesitate. Remember the Koreans in LA a few years back?

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2013, 04:21:52 PM »
Like the Asian who ran over a bunch of thugs on bikes? Most Asians are very polite and considerate people. I also think their sense of family trumps their sense of PC behavior, and that if and when they perceive a real threat they are not going to hesitate. Remember the Koreans in LA a few years back?

Sorry, but he is merely of Asian extraction.  Not folks who live in various/sundry countries comprising Asia.  Like comparing apples and ourangatans.

And it really does not matter how outraged/traumatized or not the individual tourist was - what matters is how outraged/traumatized their government feels.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2013, 05:30:53 PM »
Were the Chinese conducting a final inspection of their latest property acquisition?
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

• friends
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2013, 05:36:46 PM »
Were the Chinese conducting a final inspection of their latest property acquisition?

not sure we should ask

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2013, 08:08:32 PM »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Plus, in all likelihood they would be reluctant to commit to civil disobedience in a foreign country. I know I would be hesitant to do so on someone else's turf.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2013, 11:55:40 PM »
I was actually thinking the tour guide should be fiesty.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2013, 09:12:30 AM »
I was actually thinking the tour guide should be fiesty.

Probably getting minimum wage to haul around a bunch of tourists and answer the same questions over and over and over. 

I don't think so.