Author Topic: Elio  (Read 12606 times)

geronimotwo

• friend
Re: Elio
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2013, 09:40:53 PM »
^^^ I have always wondered if those training wheel setups would be good for an experienced rider who was perhaps starting to experience balance issues from old age or vertigo or something.

unless those trainers are attached to a swing arm any bumps are gonna tear them, and you, up.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2013, 10:18:03 PM »
How the hell are you supposed to lean into the turn with those things on??/rhetorical question

They must not be, but they sure look to me as if they'd be more dangerous than riding without.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2013, 10:23:34 PM »
I've been seeing things like this around town, recently:

Stupid *expletive deleted* safety nazi unskilled untrained devices to give a false sense of security to people that don't learn how to DRIVE A *expletive deleted* MOTORCYCLE PROPERLY.

Hint:  You'll NEVER learn to ride properly if you use these since you'll never learn to counter-steer.

There are indeed training wheels for motorcycles but, that definitely looks like a Photoshop.

And if it's not "shopped" then:

unless those trainers are attached to a swing arm any bumps are gonna tear them, and you, up.

^^^ I have always wondered if those training wheel setups would be good for an experienced rider who was perhaps starting to experience balance issues from old age or vertigo or something.

I have vertigo so the "high end" ones would be right up my alley and I already know how to counter steer.

Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2013, 10:36:03 PM »
I thought outriggers for motorcycles were for riding on snow/ice?
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2013, 06:19:15 PM »
That's not a true Harley.   ;)
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2015, 03:23:40 PM »
Looks like Elio is getting serious again, I have been seeing their ads on the web.

http://www.eliomotors.com/

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2015, 03:37:52 PM »
They keep pushing the release date back, and I don't think the factory is anywhere close to up and running.  That being said, I continue to follow them with interest.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2017, 06:44:18 PM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2017, 07:04:52 PM »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2017, 09:14:28 PM »
That's too bad,  those things were cool looking.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2017, 08:24:11 AM »
http://thehayride.com/2017/05/shreveports-elio-motors-debacle-reaches-end-stages/#ixzz4hgCRn7UJ

This looks close to the final nail in the coffin for Elio.

That's a shame. I can only guess that the shale oil revolution has dampened the enthusiasm for the vehicle. If gas prices were still pushing $4 per gallon, I don't think he'd be having so many problems.

Random thought- I wonder how these would do paired with self-driving technology.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2017, 08:42:19 AM »
It's not the vehicle that's the issue here in Shreveport, LA, it's the shady business practices and lying that has destroyed the faith and trust in the project here locally.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!