Author Topic: Improper search  (Read 22737 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Improper search
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2013, 04:38:37 PM »
Seriously. What were the people involved thinking? Did the doctors not think they'd lose their medical licenses? Why didn't a nurse pick up a phone and call the legal department or administration? While the cops know they have immunity, you would think that as human beings they might consider what they were doing as wrong. Warrantless invasive surgical practices should NOT be the line in the sand they crossed, but it's a fairly blatant one.

Or the risk manager on call.  Ahem.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2013, 11:51:58 PM »
The solution to this type of problem is simple, economical and readily available. Evil prevails because we continue to let it.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2013, 09:44:50 AM »
The solution to this type of problem is simple, economical and readily available. Evil prevails because we continue to let it.

Significant difference between outrage and bombast from a keyboard and actually doing something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2013, 10:47:07 AM »
The interesting thing was how far they pushed it- a freaking colonoscopy can have deadly consequences- the just could not admit they had made a mistake- actually,he was lucky it was done with the Doc's there-other wise they WOULD have "found" some drugs.

Perforated colons and sepsis are no fun. I have personal experience with the "sepsis" part, and have signed the consent form for colonoscopy three times (yes, it does mention "perforated colon"). I hope he didn't sign a consent form.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2013, 11:27:31 AM »
http://www.lewrockwell.com/2013/11/william-norman-grigg/politely-stand-up-for-your-rights/

I guess this becomes a non-event after LRC and Grigg report it  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2013, 11:27:32 AM »
And a pattern emerges...  http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3210356.shtml?cat=500#.UnqbGxBnAy5

Same scenario, same drug dog alerts on the seat of the car.  Cops get a warrant and the guy is violated in the same way at the same medical center, nothing is found.
This also mentions the drug dog is required to recertify every year and had an expired certification.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2013, 07:38:58 PM »
And a pattern emerges...  http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3210356.shtml?cat=500#.UnqbGxBnAy5

Same scenario, same drug dog alerts on the seat of the car.  Cops get a warrant and the guy is violated in the same way at the same medical center, nothing is found.

Coincidence.

Nothing to see here, move along ... move along.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2013, 07:47:32 PM »
Coincidence.

Nothing to see here, move along ... move along.

Just another isolated incident  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2013, 08:31:20 PM »

It doesn't mention who the officers were in this "Isolated Incident" but, I'd say that department needs some serious looking into and offenders jailed, especially those at the top who allow such BS to go on.

Could say a lot, but I'll just boil it down to this: Were someone to face trial for taking the law into their own hands after this kind of mistreatment, I would dearly love to be on the jury.

Save me a seat. :mad:
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2013, 03:49:33 PM »
I'd be very interested to see how that unnamed officer who asserted the suspect had a history of hiding things in his anal cavity works out.  David Eckert? Ohhh, I thought we were talking about Dave Edwards!  Oh ho ho, honest mistake.    :police:
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2013, 04:06:19 PM »
And yet another reason to wonder why we don't see more killdozer type events.

'Dorner' is the new killdozer.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

• friends
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2013, 04:07:14 PM »
'Dorner' is the new killdozer.

Your choice in heroes is special

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2013, 10:03:40 AM »
Your choice in heroes is special

The irony is strong in this one.
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2013, 11:30:15 AM »
No one said hero. But that kind of event; someone with a grudge against Law enforcement/ gov going off with a few weapons and targeting the avatar of their angst is much more likely to be common then a killdozer. If only because of the lower capitol investment needed.

In some cases it's even understandable. Not condoning it mind you, but I could understand it.

• friends
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2013, 11:34:27 AM »
No one said hero. But that kind of event; someone with a grudge against Law enforcement/ gov going off with a few weapons and targeting the avatar of their angst is much more likely to be common then a killdozer. If only because of the lower capitol investment needed.

In some cases it's even understandable. Not condoning it mind you, but I could understand it.

i can too
i could even condone hunting someone who did you a real wrong.  someone who guns down a guys kid and her fiancee?!  different folks have different moral standards i guess. and i've never considered mine to be very high but they are too high for that

zahc

• friend
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2013, 11:42:50 AM »
But that kind of event; someone with a grudge against Law enforcement/ gov going off with a few weapons and targeting the avatar of their angst

You mean like the recent LAX shooting? I think we can expect more such poorly-directed blowback by the less-well-adjusted in the future.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2013, 02:50:23 PM »
i can too
i could even condone hunting someone who did you a real wrong.  someone who guns down a guys kid and her fiancee?!  different folks have different moral standards i guess. and i've never considered mine to be very high but they are too high for that

FTR, that "kid"was an adult, not a 13YO toting an airsoft.

Still an innocent party used as a tool in Dorner's revenge plan, but at least Dorner got positive ID before opening fire.  Which is more than the local yokels can claim.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2013, 07:09:07 PM »
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2013, 09:36:09 PM »
I have to wonder what judge/magistrate would authorize an invasive search on that affidavit.  There's not a judge I've ever worked with who would authorize an invasive search on that crap.  But, I work in Ohio, where judges are elected, and this crap would cost you an election when it got out.  Anyone know if New Mexico judges are elected?
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2013, 10:37:24 PM »
There's not a judge I've ever worked with who would authorize an invasive search on that crap.

Teehee.

:angel:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2013, 03:52:29 AM »
this crap would cost you an election when it got out.
  :facepalm:  [barf]

Seriously !?!

No! Chris no...

Yea I know that wasn't intentional.

Anyway.
Here is hoping some legal sanction is handed down, I am not keeping my hopes up for it to be anything worth while. I hope he at least gets a huge payout from it.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2013, 07:53:19 AM »
Here is hoping some legal sanction is handed down, I am not keeping my hopes up for it to be anything worth while. I hope he at least gets a huge payout from it.

Yep, that way the taxpayers get it where the sun doesn't shine. 

Oh, and I wonder just how much this would be trumpted from the rooftops by the MSM had the races of those involved had been reversed?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

HankB

• friend
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2013, 11:02:31 AM »
Yep, that way the taxpayers get it where the sun doesn't shine.
As well they should, for voting in a bunch of <censored> who allow this stuff from their police force. Maybe, just maybe, some of the voters will see sharp increases in their taxes and learn that it DOES matter who they elect.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain