Author Topic: Have you ever seen your doppelganger?  (Read 14213 times)

gbelleh

Have you ever seen your doppelganger?
« on: March 04, 2005, 06:14:58 PM »
Ever see anyone who looks just like you?  Either in person, or on TV, or in a picture?

(if you're a twin it doesn't count!)    Cheesy  Cheesy

Smiley  Smiley
 Sad  Sad
 Shocked  Shocked
 :shock:  :shock:
 :?  :?
 Cool  Cool
 cheesy  cheesy
 :x  :x
 Tongue  Tongue
 rolleyes  rolleyes
gbelleh

WhoKnowsWho

• http://whoknowswho.yafro.com
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 07:02:26 PM »
I've seen a few of people I know, but none of me so far.

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 07:11:08 PM »
Somebody told me I look exactly like the Lead singer of Alien Ant Farm, atleast as he appears in the "Smooth Criminal" remake video.

I then made a point to see it.  We are identical, even the hair cut.

Happy Bob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 07:24:03 PM »
Nope. I think my döppelganger's a Zen monk somewhere.
WE DON'T WEAR FUR.
(We have it made into Cowboy Hats)

Freedspeak

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 07:32:55 PM »
This was in the southern N.Y. state and northern N.J. area.

Two males and a female that many thought were me or a twin, since I don't cross-dress I know it wasn't me cheesy

Got banned from a bar because I caused a rucuss the the week before (never been to the place before, my twin was apparently a bit rowdy!)

Ran into him about a year later, we did see that we appeared similar, but not that much alike.

As to the others, the male was a poor waiter with an attitude,  as to the female, I wish her well!

Wildalaska

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 09:28:02 PM »
Ever see anyone who looks just like you?  Either in person, or on TV, or in a picture?

How bout when I look in the mirror cheesy

WildcantbeleivenooneelsedidthatAlaska
I'm just a condescending, supercilious,  pompous ass .But then again, my opinion is as irrelevant as yours, and keep in mind kids, it's only the internet! If I bug ya that much, ignore me. Anyway, need something? Call me at 800/992-4570.
?If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers?

http://www.hyperarts.com/pynchon/gravity/index.html

http://www.therealwildalaska.com/blog/

wasrjoe

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 09:29:17 PM »
Wild, what about a certain Mr. Garcia?
Disenchanted with the Libertarian party and seeking practical ways to promote personal liberty.

Wildalaska

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 09:59:07 PM »
Hes dead, I live

WildeternalAlaska
I'm just a condescending, supercilious,  pompous ass .But then again, my opinion is as irrelevant as yours, and keep in mind kids, it's only the internet! If I bug ya that much, ignore me. Anyway, need something? Call me at 800/992-4570.
?If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers?

http://www.hyperarts.com/pynchon/gravity/index.html

http://www.therealwildalaska.com/blog/

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2005, 11:03:01 PM »
Just once.  And that once was creepy enough I never want to repeat it.  'Bout 1993 or '94, a co-worker and I decided to check out the Memorial Day fair that Boulder had on its city park.  Lots of good food, interesting arts and craftsy demos like flint knapping, square foot gardening and the three axis of rotation and motion vomit machine.  Also, there was a drumming group.  As my friend and I passed by I spied for a moment my double in the drumming group.  Same build, facial structure,  hair style and even glasses that I wore at the time.  :shock:  Only instead of my characteristic biker boots, black jeans, black skull festoned Metallica Tee-shirt and ornate silver pentagram, this dude was wearing a bright sky blue silk shirt with puffy sleeves, forest green trousers, leather lace up moccasins and a gold ankh.  It was like looking through a hole in reality into a parallel universe.

<<>>

Not an experience I want to repeat.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

MaterDei

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2005, 03:46:21 AM »
My twin???

SHE doesn't look anything like me.  When I was a baby lots of people looked like me.  Now I'm uniquely ugly.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2005, 04:45:51 AM »
i am some what nodal with my dopplegangers

right now we are out of phase

i did hang out with one of my "evil twins" for awhile back in art school

he was mean to the girls
i was nice

guess who ensared the girls?

he did

rolleyes
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Jason

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2005, 05:36:54 AM »
Guy I work with looks alot like Bruce Willis.  He lives in Park city, and during Sundance he usually won't go into town because people stop him on the street.
 cheesy

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2005, 12:48:24 PM »
Wild looks like Jerry Garcia??  I must see pics...
I remember seeing a really nerdy person cosplaying (dressing up as a character from an anime or game, usually, but sometimes from other forms of media) that looked a lot like me.
Scary.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

matt1911

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2005, 05:34:30 AM »
Ran into mine a few years back in the grocery store,it freaked BOTH of us out.     Hope he moved.

Paddy

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2005, 07:27:08 AM »
Every once in awhile, I run into someone who thinks I'm someone else, so I look like someone who I'm not.

Zach S

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2005, 09:35:54 AM »
No.  I've heard about him though.  I used to hear about him a lot, I'd be in a store and someone would ask if I was just in there, or comment on my truck (actually his), I cant remember his name, which is weird since I've been called it a few times.  What's even weirder is I lived in a small town at the time (Burnsville NC) and never saw him.  Evidently he has short hair, I havent been mistaken for him since I grew a ponytail.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2005, 09:38:13 AM »
Ummm, not since my belly got a bit bigger. Wink
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

duck hunt

• http://www.annesoffee.com
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2005, 09:10:56 PM »
I actually had a lot of queries at a belly dance workshop about whether or not this CD cover was me:

http://www.indigo.de/img/cover/big/4716.jpg

For comparison, I am here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/Samiraelsafi/belly1.jpg

I guess there are worse assumptions people could make, and I sure wish I had her costume!

Happy Bob

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2005, 09:48:41 PM »
Maybe you'd like the costume, duck, but she wishes she had your hair!
WE DON'T WEAR FUR.
(We have it made into Cowboy Hats)

Pebcac

• friend
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2005, 07:01:15 AM »
When I was in elementary school, there was this kid a year younger than me who looked A LOT like me--down to the same unruly hair, cut, color, and all.  I was walking home from school one day and this strange woman stopped to tell me my mom was looking for me, but she called me by the other kid's name.  Only being about 8, it freaked me out a little.  You shoulda seen the look on her face when I told her I didn't know who in the world she was or what she was talking about.   :shock:
Problem exists between computer and chair.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2005, 12:28:25 PM »
Yeah, I did once. But he's buried deep, now, and no one but me knows where... :twisted:
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

juggler

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2005, 02:40:48 PM »
Deja vu (again) For awhile there in the late 70's/early 80's I traveled a lot through the south and the gulf coast. Every now and then I would run into someone who would talk to me as if continuing a previous conversation. Not "You look like someone I know." but more along the lines of "SO how did that work out?" or " How've you been?"

Fortunately these people liked whoever they thought I was, as was demonstrated by the fact that they met me with a smile......and never with aggression.

In fact, some of the best times was while we were getting everything straightened out.
 cheesy
Ice STILL belongs in drinks