Author Topic: Favorite guilty pleasure?  (Read 6195 times)

SpookyPistolero

• friend
Favorite guilty pleasure?
« on: April 15, 2005, 06:10:54 AM »
I felt a little bad about my last post being about a mostly negative topic, so I want to discuss something a little lighter.

Tell me what your favorite guilty pleasures are. These can be music, foods, televesion shows, smoking, books, whatever.

If you don't feel that there is any guilt residing in your pleasures, then just list one of the little things that makes you happy in the same way.

For me, musically, it's probably Chris Isaacs.  I know, sappy love music, but I like it.  Oh, I also am addicted to a website, whos name I can't recall, that lists the confessions that various people send in over the course of a week. It's a strange feeling to be reading someone elses deepest secret or concern, and strangely addicting. (I'm still a bit tired so it might be a while before I come up with some better ones.)  

So lets hear it-
"She could not have reached this white serenity except as the sum of all the colors, of all the violence she had known." - The Fountainhead
"Smoke your pipe and be silent; there's only wind and smoke in the world"  - Irish Proverb

critter

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 06:20:57 AM »
Guns and shooting!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 06:47:06 AM »

I would have to say Sunday nights on HBO. That is about the only inflexible thing that I enjoy doing.

Next would have to be Kraft Easy Cheese, cheddar and bacon flavor on Triscuits.

Thirdly, Toberlone candy bar
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Gus Dddysgrl

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 06:51:39 AM »
Girl Scout Cookie-Thin Mints!!!!!!!!  and Green's Columbian Cookie Chip Ice Cream

TV-CSI, Without a Trace, and Numbers

Movies-anything with guns in it

Gus
Leigh Ober

RaggedClaws

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 07:05:43 AM »
Cigarettes... about 5 a day at this point.  I will be quit by August, but I just love 'em so much.

Coffee... I could drink it all day long.  I like it like my women, light and sweet, heh heh.  Currently have 2 cups in the morning and sometimes another one in the afternoon, but that one's decaf or half-decaf (just not the same though).

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 07:50:35 AM »
Ditto the Thin Mints.  Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.  Good scotch and a good cigar.  

Last but not least my wife and kids.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

clipse

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 07:51:33 AM »
The show 'The OC' I'm ashamed but its true.

clipse

...has left the building.

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 07:56:30 AM »
A meal consisting of homemade french fries, steak, and beer.

BillBlank

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2005, 08:54:34 AM »
Going very fast on my motorcycle, like you'd see it in your american newspaper or one of those bad videos like police stop if I got caught, fast.
Ghost Rider's a wuss.
Just so happens Satan's behind the bar pulling the late shift for a buddy...

Old Fud

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2005, 10:24:16 AM »
Popcorn with real butter.

Not only buy the microwave stuff loaded with real butter, but then melt about 1/4 stick of the good Wisconsin stuff and pour that over the top.  Add salt.

I buy the fixins at the 7-11, one bag at a time,  and make it after 10 at night so nobody will know.

Shhhhhhh.
Change is Bad!

Moondoggie

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2005, 10:49:02 AM »
Hot coffee in the morning and cold beer in the evening.....in the hot tub.

The privacy fence is for the "clothing optional" aspect, but must keep an ear peeled the first week of the month in the mornings for the meter reader (the water meter transponder is right next to the tub).  All I have to do is push the "High speed" button and he'll never know if I've got anything on or not since the water gets opaque at high speed.
Known from coast to coast, almost!

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2005, 01:16:08 PM »
Fine single malt scotch and a good Churchill Maduro cigar.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Jason

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2005, 01:47:14 PM »
I liked the television show Xena. What could be better that scantily clad women, beating the crap out of other people.

I just got season five on DVD from the library.

Penman

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2005, 02:24:42 PM »
Cholesterol Bombs:

Chicken fried steak and eggs for breakfast
Cheddar, mayo, bacon, and fried egg (2) sandwiches

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2005, 02:36:47 PM »
Life is too short to feel guilty for anything that you can't go to hell for. Smiley

bobs1066

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2005, 03:08:17 PM »
The music of ABBA.  Yes, and another vote for Xena.

Greg Levy

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2005, 03:12:06 PM »
Jack in the Box Bacon Ultimate Cheese Burger.  

And I used to dig watching Xena also...but only for Gabrielle.  When she cut her hair off for the last few seasons, I was sad.  Sad

Finally, listening to Tom Lykis on the way home from work...but don't tell my wife.

greg

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2005, 11:29:33 PM »
I have seen every single episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, more than once.

:/

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2005, 11:59:42 PM »
Lusting after a petite brunette, one with spots and worm named Dax in her belly.

The sweet smell of the dried, unburnt flowers of a particular plant that is currently out of favor.

Riding the red-line on the engine 'tween my legs, up on one wheel when I really should be on two.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2005, 08:17:43 AM »
Alaskan King crab, smoked salmon, clams, oysters, and shrimp with melted butter, Old Bay seasoning and lemon wedges.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

Ukraine Train

• friend
    • http://ukrainetrain21.tripod.com
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2005, 08:47:45 AM »
Quote from: grislyatoms
Alaskan King crab, smoked salmon, clams, oysters, and shrimp with melted butter, Old Bay seasoning and lemon wedges.
Man that sounds good right about now.

For me, it's drinking with friends. I know it's not healthy but I'm in college and when in Rome... lol

Stickjockey

• friend
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2005, 11:58:25 AM »
Good pipe tobacco and single-malt. Once or twice a year, I also get a craving for Pop-Tarts. The rest of the year, they are just nasty. But every so often, I just gotta have 'em.
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

horge

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2005, 10:09:27 PM »
Originally posted by Sindawe
Lusting after a petite brunette, one with spots and worm named Dax in her belly.
She's not at all petite, but I do hear ya.

-----------------------------------------------------

My guilty pleasure? Jerez and a biscuit.
My liver could use a lot less of it, but TANSTAAFL.
Bersa Thunder 380 Chapterhouse - a free online resource for Bersa Thunder 380 owners

DavidScott

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2005, 04:21:37 AM »
Star Trek Clarification: Jadzia Dax (plyed by Terry Farrell) was 6 feet tall, but Ezri Dax (played by Nicole De Boer) was a petite 5 feet 5 inches.

And MY guilty pleasure is playing Tori Amos and Celine Dion on my CD player at work -- in a Harley shop.

jamz

• friend
  • bleem
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2005, 10:50:40 AM »
For me, it's good cigars and pipe tobacco.  My new house is going to have a seperate office, so I can see my consumption going up a lot. :/

Oh, and microwaveable white castle burgers.  Eating  those little things is exactly like scratching off a scab- it's gross, but oddly satisfying.

-Love, James
Everybody loves Magical Trevor