Armed Polite Society
January 22, 2017, 02:12:58 AM
Login with username, password and session length
Armed Polite Society
Topic: Posting rules (Read 11788 times)
March 03, 2005, 07:18:52 PM »
Hello, all. Given our influx of new members, I thought it was time to remind members of our (relatively few) posting rules on APS.
1. Please watch your language. No vulgarities, rudeness, or words that would make Art's Grandma blush (or swear herself!).
2. No porn, gratuitous violence, or offensive posts. Moderators' judgment will be the determining factor in what is offensive. If you'd say it to a gathering in your average family living-room, you should be fine to say it here.
3. Offensive threads will be deleted in their entirety. Offensive posts will be deleted, leaving the original thread intact if possible. Offenders won't be warned - if you see a post or thread of yours is gone, it means it fell foul of Rule 1 or Rule 2 above.
4. Repeat offenders will be banned. No excuses, no reasons needed, no argument. The rules are simple enough. If you can't follow 'em, don't post!
I hope this is clear.
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!
Please visit my blog:
Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Posting rules
Reply #1 on:
May 22, 2009, 03:51:46 AM »
5. If you report a post, give a reason why you're reporting it. Sometimes its obvious, sometimes its not.
Copying and pasting passages from or entire articles from another site to APS is strictly prohibited.
While copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work, fair use is open to significant interpretation. It’s easier and safer to avoid the entire question by not copying any of the copyrighted work.
If you wish to call attention to an article, you must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: www.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).
In keeping with our prohibition against “cut and paste drive by posts” (a link to an article with no substantive commentary by the poster) you must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to APS members.
Posts that do not follow these new guidelines for dealing with copyrighted material will be deleted and the member reminded to follow this policy. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at APS.
6) PMs are meant to be private. If you're having a spat with another user in PM, making the contents public will open you up to personal attack and likely not garner the support of the moderator staff. Unwanted porn or spam sent through PM should be reported, however.
Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 07:09:15 AM by JamisJockey
"Why'd you open your bonghole, you smelly hippie? You'd sacrifice a beautiful woman to save a moderately attractive monkey? You must have smoked some bad granola."
Please select a destination:
=> Round Table
=> The Politics Place
Powered by SMF 1.1.21
SMF © 2015, Simple Machines