Author Topic: The mysterious disappearance of Abigail Hernandez  (Read 9112 times)

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: The mysterious disappearance of Abigail Hernandez
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2014, 11:46:30 AM »
It truly bothers me how many folks on here jump past the "the young girl is telling the truth and was abducted" and to right to the "obviously the young girl is just a lying little whore" theory.

The thread turned sour, pretty darn quick.

"shipped her off to a home/relative somewhere out of sight to have her out of wedlock bastard" -- really?   I don't even remember that happening when I was a kid, and that was a long time ago. 

Where I'm at on this: "I'm glad she's back, but it's no one I know and a long way away so my feelings are muted.  We don't know anything and I'll suspend judgment until we do."
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2014, 11:49:12 AM »
Not mocking children who are kidnapped is the worst sort of repressed Puritanism, or something. If we can't even make jokes calling raped children whores what kind of Christian Taliban culture do we live in?

For all the sht APS likes to talk about arfcom, we're not exactly setting a high bar here.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2014, 12:06:44 PM »
Not everyone can maintain a shocked and horrified demeanor all the time for every report like this around the country.  Some people even have the nerve to deal with such things with a little humor despite how much that seems to horrify some of you. 

I didn't post on this thread much at all, but stop with all the offended and outraged preaching already.  To me, that is worse than ill-timed or inappropriate jokes. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2014, 12:12:06 PM »

"shipped her off to a home/relative somewhere out of sight to have her out of wedlock bastard" -- really?   I don't even remember that happening when I was a kid, and that was a long time ago.  

A local Catholic church has a house on their property for exactly this purpose.  A couple of the people in my bicycle club belong to this church, and the house usually has a couple of women in residence at any one time.  The church provides living and emotional support and will help with adoption after delivery, should the women choose this route.  I thought it was so great of them to provide this option.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2014, 12:13:09 PM »
Not everyone can maintain a shocked and horrified demeanor all the time for every report like this around the country.  Some people even have the nerve to deal with such things with a little humor despite how much that seems to horrify some of you. 

I didn't post on this thread much at all, but stop with all the offended and outraged preaching already.  To me, that is worse than ill-timed or inappropriate jokes. 

Do you have any daughters? If one of them were kidnapped and held captive for 9 months, would it upset you if someone called her a whore? Hell, even if nothing at all happened would you be ok with someone calling your 14 y/o daughter a whore?

I guess asking people to not be horrific aholes is too much to expect. Stay classy APS. Nothing as polite as calling children who are victims of violence whores.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2014, 12:14:22 PM »
"Here at APS, we have high standards of conduct. No calling a political figure by an insulting nickname!"

"What about calling a kidnapped little girl a whore?"

"Oh yeah, that's totally cool. Anyone who objects is just faking outrage."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2014, 12:44:55 PM »
A local Catholic church has a house on their property for exactly this purpose.  A couple of the people in my bicycle club belong to this church, and the house usually has a couple of women in residence at any one time.  The church provides living and emotional support and will help with adoption after delivery, should the women choose this route.  I thought it was so great of them to provide this option.

Good for them.  My guess is this is a simple charity, not as (as it once might have been) a means to avoid scandal.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Re: The mysterious disappearance of Abigail Hernandez
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2014, 01:23:32 PM »
Good for them.  My guess is this is a simple charity, not as (as it once might have been) a means to avoid scandal.
Churches have done that discreetly for longer than I've been alive. I also thought good for them. I think of it as putting their money where their mouth is. I know 2 girls who were helped tremendously by homes like this.

I know folks will probably think I am just agreeing with Balog since I always side with him but he is very correct. I know in my case my own baggage can make me skeptical  about certain types of events that involve women. In this case however to do so woulda lowered the bar too low even for me
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2014, 02:08:08 PM »

Thank you for illustrating my point. This is what is wrong with our country.

I am not offended. There was no slight against me in this. I am ashamed of the conduct of people on this board that I direct others to.

That you think an attempt to correct rude and boorish behavior is worse than the rude and boorish behavior is exactly what it wrong with our country. Correcting someone is seen as intolerant and prudish.

In fact, I think even those who were speculating about her being secreted away ought to feel ashamed of themselves now that the evidence is pointing towards kidnapping and (likely) drugging and rape. I'm not going to "preach" at them because that speculation was not taking perverse joy in joking about the kidnapping and rape of a little girl; it was not an egregious break of the bounds of "Polite Society."

I am under no illusions that any will feel shame though as that has been routinely stamped out of society. My guess is they will instead feel indignant that I would even suggest they ought to feel shame- much like you just did.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2014, 08:31:57 PM »
It truly bothers me how many folks on here jump past the "the young girl is telling the truth and was abducted" and to right to the "obviously the young girl is just a lying little whore" theory.

It is not obvious that she is telling the truth (and we don't even know what she told the police), nor is it obvious that she's lying. ALL that is obvious is that she disappeared for about nine months, then reappeared wearing the same clothes she was wearing the day she disappeared.

I'm not "jumping past" anything, but I'm also not accepting an abduction theory without some corroboration.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 08:40:32 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2014, 08:39:52 PM »
Do you have any daughters? If one of them were kidnapped and held captive for 9 months, would it upset you if someone called her a whore? Hell, even if nothing at all happened would you be ok with someone calling your 14 y/o daughter a whore?

Possibly you haven't noticed that nobody on this forum called her a whore.

If I'm wrong and someone called her a whore, please quote the post ...

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2014, 08:43:13 PM »
In fact, I think even those who were speculating about her being secreted away ought to feel ashamed of themselves now that the evidence is pointing towards kidnapping and (likely) drugging and rape. I'm not going to "preach" at them because that speculation was not taking perverse joy in joking about the kidnapping and rape of a little girl; it was not an egregious break of the bounds of "Polite Society."

What evidence? I haven't read any reports of any evidence. My position remains that I have no idea what happened to her, so I remain open to multiple possibilities.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2014, 08:51:09 PM »
Possibly you haven't noticed that nobody on this forum called her a whore.

If I'm wrong and someone called her a whore, please quote the post ...

Here you go.

Hopefully she turns out to be an international teenage madam.

I bet she's spent the last seven or nine months(the article says both) circling the globe recruiting prostitutes from the Third World.I bet there are containers en route from India,Colombia,China,and Ethiopia AS WE SPEAK,full of innocent hookers who are about to decend on New Hamshire like a plague.I believe the cops are stayin quiet because they are complicit with the deal.

C'mon.It'd be a lot more interesting than a teenager that went to live with an aunt for nine months to have a kid out of wedlock.

>:D

"Here at APS, we have high standards of conduct. No calling a political figure by an insulting nickname!"

"What about calling a kidnapped little girl a whore?"

"Oh yeah, that's totally cool. Anyone who objects is just faking outrage."

Well, politicians are better than the rest of us and awfully sensitive.  I only had to refer to Romney & Ryan as the "Mormo-Papist Wonder Twins(1)" in a humorous fashion whilst writing a post in support of their candidacy to get a several day ban. 

(1) Which I most certainly am not doing at this moment.  Refer to them as the "MPWT," that is.  Because that would be wrong, wrong, wrong and I have learned the error of my ways and would not repeat that mistake.  I would rather write humorous stories about missing teenaged girls engaging in prostitution and human trafficking.  If I add aliens, I could nominate it for a Hugo SciFi award and likely win.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2014, 09:02:02 PM »
I sometimes use dark, morbid humor... and even I thought the comments in this thread were pretty bad.

This is in round table, too..... search crawl availability?

Might be a good idea for a mod to nuke some posts. Just sayin.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2014, 09:55:58 PM »
Argh. Start a new thread when there's reliable data.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."