Author Topic: Halflife ISO  (Read 1299 times)

Bigjake

• friend
Halflife ISO
« on: July 30, 2014, 08:03:51 PM »
Rather specific request,  but do any of you have a copy of the original Halflife laying around?  I've got four of the honest-to-bejus cd jewel case covers with cd keys, from my lan party days of way back,  but somehow no disks...   :'(   Trying to get a retro game of CS going at AT. 

(No, I have no idea why I was stuck with a data MOS, nor am I very good at it.  Spent most of my time driving gun trucks,  but since it's a peacetime Corps,  I'm trying to take advantage of having a pile of crappy laptops, an air conditioned tent and too much free time  >:D)

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Re: Halflife ISO
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 12:06:04 PM »
Rather specific request,  but do any of you have a copy of the original Halflife laying around?  I've got four of the honest-to-bejus cd jewel case covers with cd keys, from my lan party days of way back,  but somehow no disks...   :'(   Trying to get a retro game of CS going at AT. 

(No, I have no idea why I was stuck with a data MOS, nor am I very good at it.  Spent most of my time driving gun trucks,  but since it's a peacetime Corps,  I'm trying to take advantage of having a pile of crappy laptops, an air conditioned tent and too much free time  >:D)

God bless you Marine. I don't have one, but I'm sure you could get a copy on ebay for pennies and overnight it to yourself.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 12:13:37 PM »
It's 10 bucks on steam right now.  Might be easier.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 12:42:37 PM »
About a month ago I gave a box with all my old games to my brother.  I'm sure I had a Half Life CD in there somewhere.  I can ask if he kept it.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 12:51:15 PM »
I'm pretty sure I have my original CD.  I can look tonight.

That said, might be able to just snag it as a torrent.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 02:02:06 PM »
I know I have the original CD - I just need to find it in the game box.....   I'll try to dig it out and can either burn you a copy and mail it or maybe set it up on dropbox for you to download or something.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 02:10:53 PM »
I just remembered - you can activate your existing product key in steam for half life and it will download the game.  I did that several years ago and it worked fine.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 02:11:53 PM »
That said, might be able to just snag it as a torrent.

This; there should be a couple legit (uncracked) ISOs on PirateBay or KAT.

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 09:06:42 PM »
I just remembered - you can activate your existing product key in steam for half life and it will download the game.  I did that several years ago and it worked fine.

This. Installer download here: http://store.steampowered.com/about/

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 08:17:12 PM »
You guys rock,  thanks.

I'm going to try the Steam route tonight,  then it's just a matter of getting it into a format I can stick on a USB drive to share around to our laptops.    Mostly struck out on Piratebay and ISOhunt,  though I really don't know enough of downloading torrents to get the most out of those.   The couple that I manged to complete were .mdx files. 

Thanks, gents.

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 09:42:19 PM »
You'll need to have Steam on every machine you want to put it on if you go that route. Steam's fairly non-obtrusive though, IMHO. Once it's downloaded on the one computer, just right click the game in the Steam library and click Backup Game Files. You can then put it on a thumb drive and put it on the other computers, or alternately you can just re-download it on each computer.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2014, 03:44:47 PM »
Steam is a deal killer..  Didn't halflife predate it?   I don't recall this much grief at lan parties in the late 90's.

Basically, steam won't even load if you have no internet connection.  I'm using a laptop with no connection whatsoever, and trying to install everything off of a USB drive.  Steam installs fine, but refuses to boot without the net.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 12:54:01 PM »
Steam is a deal killer..  Didn't halflife predate it?   I don't recall this much grief at lan parties in the late 90's.

Basically, steam won't even load if you have no internet connection.  I'm using a laptop with no connection whatsoever, and trying to install everything off of a USB drive.  Steam installs fine, but refuses to boot without the net.

Steam works fine in offline mode for me. I use it all the time.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2014, 01:33:17 PM »
Steam works fine in offline mode for me. I use it all the time.
Right, but Steam has to be connected the first time you start a new game.  It sounds like he's not able to connect the initial time.

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2014, 03:01:24 PM »
Really your only options then are to either get a physical disc as you originally requested, or download it off of bittorrent.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2014, 11:49:40 PM »
I have one in my apartment somewhere, but my initial search came up short like a midget with prostitute.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2014, 08:23:23 PM »
Humvee powered lan party.   :cool:

We were only able to manage 2 nights,  but it was really fun to dick around in the field instead of the usual thumbs up the ol' 4th point of contact

(No sipr,  so posting this pic shouldn't be a violation of any reg I can think of, and the laptops used never touched any network, save for the one switch that was a spare anyway)