Author Topic: Now the Russians Are Using Twitter Against Us  (Read 3188 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Now the Russians Are Using Twitter Against Us
« on: August 01, 2014, 04:58:54 PM »
Taking a page from the Obama administration social media playbook, but doing it better:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/01/russian-official-burns-obama-with-putin-leopard-pic/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

agricola

• friend
Re: Now the Russians Are Using Twitter Against Us
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 05:02:34 PM »
There really is no man in the world that is as overcompensatory as Putin is.  The Kremlin must be one giant super-amalgam of closets. 
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 05:23:10 PM »
There really is no man in the world that is as overcompensatory as Putin is.  The Kremlin must be one giant super-amalgam of closets. 

And yet he still pwns Obama.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 05:28:51 PM »
Putin just takes it to 11.

An image comparison of George W. Bush on a mountain bike or Mitt Romney hiking with his grandchildren against Obama doing...pretty much anything makes him look like an effete milquetoast. Hell, John Kerry duck-hunting or windsurfing makes Obama look like Urkel.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

agricola

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 05:52:11 PM »
And yet he still pwns Obama.

He really doesnt.  Obama has many faults, but he wont go down in history as one of your worst ever leaders.  Putin on the other hand is quietly overseeing a defeat the likes of which Russia hasnt seen since the Golden Horde was in existence.  Once Ukraine calms down and ends up in the EU, it will be Belarus after that. 
"Make peace, you fools"

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 05:57:17 PM »
He really doesnt.  Obama has many faults, but he wont go down in history as one of your worst ever leaders.  Putin on the other hand is quietly overseeing a defeat the likes of which Russia hasnt seen since the Golden Horde was in existence.  Once Ukraine calms down and ends up in the EU, it will be Belarus after that. 

You don't think? I wouldn't bet on it. His cutting and running in Stan and the mid east is still brewing up, and I think will be way worse then the Ukraine. He snatched an epic defeat from the jaws of victory in Iraq.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 06:39:59 PM »
You don't think? I wouldn't bet on it. His cutting and running in Stan and the mid east is still brewing up, and I think will be way worse then the Ukraine. He snatched an epic defeat from the jaws of victory in Iraq.

er - "the jaws of victory in Iraq"?  Really?  

The worst decision Obama made in foriegn policy terms was to get involved in Libya, and then following that to not be the one to say that going into Syria was an idiotic idea (allowing Ed Miliband his one positive achievement as Labour leader to date).  

Withdrawing from Iraq was questionable, but nowhere near as bad as going in there in the first place.  As for Afghanistan, there is no political statement that has more historical justification than "we should really leave Afghanistan"; the place is a mess and has always been a mess.  
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 07:18:44 PM by agricola »
"Make peace, you fools"

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 06:50:47 PM »

LOL

You think there was any kind of jaws of victory in Iraq? Since the removal of saddam, that place was DESTINED for chaos the moment we left, no matter who was in power. Largely, i might add, to decisions made very early on in the occupation by the BUSH Administration.

There are plenty of reasons to dislike Obama. We need not manufacture them.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 07:53:44 PM »
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 07:56:04 PM »
LOL

You think there was any kind of jaws of victory in Iraq? Since the removal of saddam, that place was DESTINED for chaos the moment we left, no matter who was in power. Largely, i might add, to decisions made very early on in the occupation by the BUSH Administration.

There are plenty of reasons to dislike Obama. We need not manufacture them.

Iraq was doing pretty well in 2008.  If Obama had stuck it out, got a agreement on forces  and had actually paid attention to the evolution of ISIS I do think Iraq might have had a good chance to come out the right side.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 08:01:04 PM »
Iraq was doing pretty well in 2008.  If Obama had stuck it out, got a agreement on forces  and had actually paid attention to the evolution of ISIS I do think Iraq might have had a good chance to come out the right side.

Iraq was "doing pretty well" only in the respect that "massive security crackdowns and the surge" were pacifying the population. ANY unit that relaxed, got hit hard as a result. It's precisely why Diwaniyah had a brief period of chaos again around that timeframe... because the folks who came in and took responsibility for that area figured "it's pacified, let's back off patrols and searches and etc etc"

They got chewed up pretty good before they tightened the screws again.

I was there for the surge. There was no illusions in the minds of those on the ground that the moment we backed off, chaos would descend again.
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 08:12:03 PM »
Iraq or no Iraq, Obama will be judged the worst president in history.

I'd list all of his disasters, but I don't have all night.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 08:34:30 PM »
Iraq was "doing pretty well" only in the respect that "massive security crackdowns and the surge" were pacifying the population. ANY unit that relaxed, got hit hard as a result. It's precisely why Diwaniyah had a brief period of chaos again around that timeframe... because the folks who came in and took responsibility for that area figured "it's pacified, let's back off patrols and searches and etc etc"

I was there for the surge. There was no illusions in the minds of those on the ground that the moment we backed off, chaos would descend again.

Pretty much all one needs to know about Iraq,  other than all of our blood and treasure spent was absolutely wasted. 

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 09:38:35 PM »

Yep, I bought the bs that once folks in Iraq were "freed" from their dictatorial strongman and allowed to have self determination that they would build a state similar to Turkey.

Bunch of statist bullcrap peddled from both sides of the aisle but primarily from the right.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 09:49:48 PM »
I dunno. I think the ongoing meme between president kgb and president clownshoes is pretty funny.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 10:02:43 PM »

Obama better call Kenny Loggins.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 11:29:45 PM »

Yep, I bought the bs that once folks in Iraq were "freed" from their dictatorial strongman and allowed to have self determination that they would build a state similar to Turkey.

Bunch of statist bullcrap peddled from both sides of the aisle but primarily from the right.

Given that we pulled out after we established peace, but before we established civilization, we'll really never know how Iraq would have fared, had we done it right, will we?   

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 11:31:17 PM »
Obama better call Kenny Loggins.

Like those cartoons, dontcha?    Maybe Superman would have been a better one to conjure up. [tinfoil]

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 11:33:40 PM »
Given that we pulled out after we established peace, but before we established civilization, we'll really never know how Iraq would have fared, had we done it right, will we?   

We didn't establish peace. We established control. And, even at the calmest times, if you think that 3-4 IEDs per day and along route Irish and complex attacks on camp Echo was peace, then you have a warped definition of peace.

Saddam had control. Peace through control does not persist once the control is removed.
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 11:42:09 PM »
We didn't establish peace. We established control. And, even at the calmest times, if you think that 3-4 IEDs per day and along route Irish and complex attacks on camp Echo was peace, then you have a warped definition of peace.

Saddam had control. Peace through control does not persist once the control is removed.

Given that we pulled out after we established peace  control, but before we established civilization, we'll really never know how Iraq would have fared, had we done it right, will we?  

Happy now?

I'll say again: we will never know how Iraq might have turned out if we'd done it right.  
I know that there are people here that don't believe it's ever possible to turn  mess like Iraq into something that might actually function, but I will maintain that if we can do it, other human beings on the planet can do it too.
We do not have special DNA in America; we're human like anyone else.  We're screw-ups like everyone else as well.

I think I would agree with one thing; if we're NOT willing to do it right, we'd better learn how to keep our idiot mitts out of the rest of the world's business.  

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 11:44:40 PM »
Like those cartoons, dontcha?    Maybe Superman would have been a better one to conjure up. [tinfoil]

Archer isn't a cartoon. It's real life. Don't make me send Woodhouse out for the coarse sand...
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2014, 11:45:29 PM »
Archer isn't a cartoon. Don't make me send Woodhouse out for the coarse sand...

Somehow he lacks the definition of a real human being, though .......   

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2014, 01:32:49 AM »

Happy now?

I'll say again: we will never know how Iraq might have turned out if we'd done it right.  
I know that there are people here that don't believe it's ever possible to turn  mess like Iraq into something that might actually function, but I will maintain that if we can do it, other human beings on the planet can do it too.
We do not have special DNA in America; we're human like anyone else.  We're screw-ups like everyone else as well.

I think I would agree with one thing; if we're NOT willing to do it right, we'd better learn how to keep our idiot mitts out of the rest of the world's business.  

Except when peace is attained through nothing but control, and has no aspect of self-determination, it's entirely reasonable, even EXPECTED, for that peace to falter the moment control is removed. There are some serious differences between our history and what was going on in iraq during the sectarian violence. Ideological, religious, and the simple bloodthirst that is radical islam.

Lots of folks are saying 'we didnt do it right, we should have done it right"

but so far, no one has been able to articulate what right in that situation would have looked like.

I'm of the opinion that "right" would have involved a hell of a lot more involvement by the iraqis, versus the constant hand-holding we did. The iraqi police and army are full of cowards who frequently moved behind american positions instead of doing some ass kicking themselves. It's a mindset difference that's pretty significant.

And, your original statement which I replied to, "He snatched an epic defeat from the jaws of victory in Iraq.", is simply preposterous. Again, most of the supremely dumb decisions were made, and consequences irrevocably present, well before he took office.
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2014, 08:10:13 AM »
And, your original statement which I replied to, "He snatched an epic defeat from the jaws of victory in Iraq.", is simply preposterous. Again, most of the supremely dumb decisions were made, and consequences irrevocably present, well before he took office.

That was me.  I blame posting a bit intoxicated, on a tablet so I didn't type much.  You're right "from the jaws of victory" is a bit over the top.  More like "from a place where victory had gotten a good scent and might have tracked it down in a bit".

I have talked, I think, quite a bit on this board about what Iraq looked like in 08-09, what it looks like now, and some of what I feel the causes were. By Jan. 2009, Iraq was not an easy situation to solve.  Many things had gone a little off the tracks, and the Iraqi's were making serious noises about wanting us out.  But on the plus side it was pretty much under control.  THat control had to be maintained by heavy military force, but we were doing that.

I remember talking with some smart officers during the election (I was deployed for it) and you will recall that "End the War" was a big topic during that election.  Sitting there we talked over plans to end the war, from making Iraq a full on colony (kinda an oil rich Puerto Rico), to installing a leader strong enough to Saddam the place while being charismatic enough to fool the west, to just carving it up like Churchill did, but with more concern being paid to tribal and cultural boundaries.  The last could throw the Kurds a bone, and we all liked the Kurds.

We didn't have any foolproof ideas, but we were pretty sure that whatever happened, no one would be stupid enough to just.....leave. Everyone knew al-Maliki wasn't ready to hold the place together by himself, no matter what he thought, and we had just spent all that effort, blood and treasure to bring some semblance of control to the place.  To just..........leave.

That lack of coherent plan, and letting all of our effort end up wasted is what I was poorly alluding to in my first post.  There's never any guarantee in life, certainly not in war, but some effort to try and preserve the control and order that we had fought for would seem to have been in order.  Even if it failed.

On the actual subject of my first post: Obama's legacy.  I think once the black has worn off a little he'll easily be in the top 5 worst presidents we've ever had.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2014, 09:05:57 AM »
Woops my bad.

Tired. I work nights and haven't had more than five hours sleep a night this week

Will post more later
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog