Author Topic: Woo-hoo - we made the Drudge Report!  (Read 82680 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Woo-hoo - we made the Drudge Report!
« on: August 10, 2014, 08:19:12 PM »
http://m.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/police-ferguson-teen-struggled-over-officer-s-gun-before-being/article_f9d627dc-e3c8-5bde-b2ab-7f0a3d36a083.html?mobile_touch=true

So here's the big news from my area. The cops say he assaulted a cop, and tried to take his gun. The "community" says he was running away with both hands raised. I don't know who to believe, and don't really care to find out.

No word yet on the presence of Skittles, or of white Hispanics on the police force.

Or coffee cans.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Woo-hoo - we made the Drudge Report!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 08:28:10 PM »
Nuke the site from orbit  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 08:54:59 PM »
This will get interesting.  [popcorn]
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 08:56:57 PM »
The cop dog looks like somebodies about to be Alpo.
jeff w

I like onions!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 08:59:37 PM »
I just saw that a young and volatile crowd blocked paramedics and police in the area from responding to a heart attack (I can't confirm the accuracy of the report). They'll quickly lose any public sympathy if they keep that up.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 09:01:39 PM »
Paging Al Sharpton, Al Sharpton to the red racist phone, please.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 09:24:10 PM »
http://m.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/police-ferguson-teen-struggled-over-officer-s-gun-before-being/article_f9d627dc-e3c8-5bde-b2ab-7f0a3d36a083.html?mobile_touch=true

So here's the big news from my area. The cops say he assaulted a cop, and tried to take his gun. The "community" says he was running away with both hands raised. I don't know who to believe, and don't really care to find out.

No word yet on the presence of Skittles, or of white Hispanics on the police force.

Or coffee cans.

East St. Louis?

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 09:26:30 PM »
Fistful you scared me there for a minute.

I thought by the title you meant that APS had made Drudge.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 09:36:28 PM »

Jesse Jackson is right behind him.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 09:59:53 PM »
At this point, it's 50/50 on who to believe.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 10:58:47 PM »
East St. Louis?

Ferguson, MO. A few miles northeast of me, I believe.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 12:00:39 AM »
According to Twitchy, they're now shooting at police and also apparently shooting randomly (duck fistful!), and have stolen an ATM (hooray for justice!). At this rate, they're heading for Rodney King style rioting.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 12:12:50 AM »
According to Twitchy, they're now shooting at police and also apparently shooting randomly (duck fistful!), and have stolen an ATM (hooray for justice!). At this rate, they're heading for Rodney King style rioting.

*expletive deleted*ing ghetto trash.

Lock it down, blockade the hoods, let 'em burn, and return fire with effective fire. Wait for the idiots to get tired of it. Nobody in or out.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 12:16:42 AM »
*expletive deleted* ghetto trash.

Lock it down, blockade the hoods, let 'em burn, and return fire with effective fire. Wait for the idiots to get tired of it. Nobody in or out.

Apparently that's now started - destroying their own neighborhood and looting liquor stores, etc. for justice:

http://twitchy.com/2014/08/10/and-the-riots-have-started-protest-escalates-in-ferguson-mo-pics-vine-video/

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 12:29:23 AM »
Little brother is about 15 miles from there. I'm sure he knows but I think I'll send an email to keep his head down for a few days.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 07:13:01 AM »

According to the Post-Disgrace, Mr. Sharpton is en route; and a certain Crump, one of the lawyers hired by Trayvon Martin's family, has been hired by the Browns. He's an interesting choice, given the outcome of that trial.  =|
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:52:48 AM by fistful »

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2014, 08:58:40 AM »

According to the Post-Disgrace, Mr. Sharpton is en route; and a certain Crump, one of the lawyers hired by Trayvon Martin's family, has been hired by the Browns. He's an interesting choice, given the outcome of that trial.  =|

It was not because of any failing of the lawyer(s).  The jury was defective.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2014, 09:07:24 AM »
*expletive deleted* ghetto trash.

This ^^ in spades.  Even more than +infinity!

Having been sent three different times as the representative of a repressive, racist, oppressive government to quell the riot and restore peace I am here to tell you that playing that game without being allowed to shoot them is Mo FunTM.

And if you let them burn down their neighborhood, be sure that your fences are high and strong enough to keep them in there afterwards.  Give C-130 crews practice dropping "humanitarian aid", and wildfire fighter tanker crews weekly practice hitting the designated shower area.  Let's see how long it takes the 90%-98% of "good folks" to deal with the riff and the raff.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2014, 10:03:04 AM »
. . .  Give AC-130 crews practice dropping "humanitarian aid" . . .
FIFY . . .  >:D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2014, 10:25:25 AM »
And if you let them burn down their neighborhood, be sure that your fences are high and strong enough to keep them in there afterwards.  Give C-130 crews practice dropping "humanitarian aid", and wildfire fighter tanker crews weekly practice hitting the designated shower area.  Let's see how long it takes the 90%-98% of "good folks" to deal with the riff and the raff.

Yup; double-fence, absolutely enforced kill zone between, and a checkpoint where people can choose to leave permanently, after full warrant check and a drug dog sniff.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2014, 10:59:28 AM »
I'm sure that everything will work out well, just like in Iraqistan  =)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2014, 11:57:00 AM »
From the report, my emphasis added:

In a news conference Sunday morning, Belmar, the county police chief, said the Ferguson officer had an encounter with two “individuals” about noon Saturday and that Brown pushed the officer back into his car and “assaulted” him in the vehicle.

Belmar said one shot was fired by the officer’s gun inside the car during the struggle, hitting no one, and that the officer then fired multiple times as Brown ran away. Brown fell dead in the street. Belmar said the crime scene covered a distance of just 35 feet.

Belmar did not describe the reason for the initial contact, nor indicate whether police think the shooting was justified. He also did not provide any details about the person who had been with Brown.

He said the shots that hit Brown were “more than just a couple but I don’t think it was many more than that.” He said an autopsy was pending.

Shooting somebody while they are running away is illegal for absolutely anyone else in the country.  Why should police be allowed to shoot a fleeing person?  Anyone else would be tried for second-degree murder, at the very least.

Rioting and looting is absolutely inappropriate and unjustifiable.  Understandable, but unjustifiable.  Shooting someone in the back, even if they have just attacked you, is also understandable, but unjustifiable. 
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2014, 12:20:56 PM »
Shooting a person fleeing after they commit a violent felony is allowable in some places IIRC.

I have no opinion on this particular case as I have no knowledge of the facts.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2014, 01:41:46 PM »
TN vs Garner I bleieve is the "cop shooting people in the back decision" and it held that the person has to ofer substantial danger if they get away. So capping Hannibal Lecter making an escape attempt is legit, shooting Lootie as he runs off with his 12 pack of Heineken is not.

Speaking of Lootie, I love this guy's shirt.

https://twitter.com/jondelano/status/498773436786036736
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2014, 02:36:14 PM »
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.