Author Topic: A video it might be worth kids watching  (Read 1327 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
A video it might be worth kids watching
« on: September 19, 2014, 01:48:36 PM »
Kid od'd in class did this when he got out of hospital

http://patch.com/new-jersey/longvalley/long-valley-teens-drug-overdose-classroom-spurs-video-plea#.VBxsDz-9KSM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: A video it might be worth kids watching
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 05:32:50 PM »
I don't know if the message will do much as far as reaching kids that are already using or are wannabees.  The films (before there were "videos") of what heroin addicts looked like and sounded like, and which were copied for the meth-heads, also had little impact on kids that were already using or inclined to use/were wannabes.  Same for the anti-smoking PSAs that show former smokers who have had the most serious consequences.

All I come away with is that his parents are still not bearing their share of the culpability.

You want your kid to not use drugs?  Become as aware as you can about what they are doing, who they are hanging out with, and how they dress/speak/act outside the house.  And then pretend you are your greatgrandparents dealing with your grandparents when they caught the kids smoking corn silk and trying to make home-brew wine.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.