Author Topic: Great news! Brady suit against Armslist dismissed  (Read 1309 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Great news! Brady suit against Armslist dismissed
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 08:27:55 PM »
https://www.legalreader.com/wisconsin-supreme-court-backs-online-firearms-retailer-armslist-in-mass-shooting-lawsuit/
Wisconsin Supreme Court Backs Online Firearms Retailer ArmsList in Mass Shooting Lawsuit

The Wisconsin Supreme Court sided with an online firearms dealer Tuesday, dismissing a lawsuit that claimed the company should be held liable for a mass shooting.

The 5-1 ruling cited the federal Communications Decency Act in favor of Armslist LLC, a classified sales site for firearms. Under the act’s provisions, virtual domain administrators are shielded from liability claims that stem from third-party posts and content.

I found this on a quick search and thought I would piggyback.  I am pretty sure it is the same case, but I can't read much of the original link.  An appeals court reinstated the case and it took this long get a ruling from the state supreme court. 

Now I wonder if they are eligible to sue for attorney fees after all this time.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 12:26:54 PM »
No, not the same case.

The first one happened in Washington, this one happened in Wisconsin. In the most recent one, an asshat bought a gun and killed several people with it, including his wife, before he killed himself.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 01:29:17 PM »

Why are they suing Armslist? I thought the NRA sold all the guns in this country. ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 07:27:06 PM »
Why are they suing Armslist? I thought the NRA sold all the guns in this country. ???
I think the NRA just sells hope and fear.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge